Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WIN a 7 NIGHT WINTER BREAK in the Alps.

Poster: A snowHead
Fancy winning a 7 NIGHT BREAK in the Alps this season?

Here's one for all you SNOW WATCHERS and weather forecasters

Due to demand we are running our popular snowshovel competition again this season.

It's easy to enter just go to http://www.gravite.co.uk/snowshovel/ and guess the day (and time of day) you think it is going to snow sooooooooo much that we will have to get the snow-shovels out to dig our way out of the drive at our catered Chalet Fan La Bise, (1400m La Clusaz http://www.gravite.co.uk/location.php#gmap)!

What's the catch? - there isn't one!

What do you win? - a 7 night self catered stay for 4 at our lovely chalet Pre-Fleuri http://www.gravite.co.uk/stjeanchalet.php in either Jan, March or April*

Have a go you've got nothing to lose!

CLUE - last time we ran the competition it was November 25th

* dates are dependant on availability.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 3-10-07 10:38; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
graviteski wrote:

Have a god you've got nothing to lose!

Where do I pick up my god from?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry - got distracted the sun's out and the the scenery stunning!!!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
wink wink wink wink wink wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am sure that graviteski, have far better fare than spam sandwiches. I have enquired with them on a couple of occaisions and they have been most helpful. Also the majority of the posts have not been spam ridden.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Frosty, unfortunately the prize is a self-catering holiday anyway, so on this occasion we won't be laying on the sandwiches! wink

Sorry, didn't mean to cause offence anyone! Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
get the snow-shovels out to dig our way out of the drive at our catered Chalet Fan La Bise

If I fly there without a snow-shovel and a car will I starve myself in these 7 nights?

Just kidding I am sure the Chalet is equipped with snow shovel for such a regular occurance.

Been to La Clusaz several times but was put off on arrival by too much snow or lack of it. Would love to give it a try some time. So what is the access times for the 3 routes using car; via Fumet side (megeve/Albertville N212), via Annecy or via Geneva motorway side(through Le Grand-Bornand or Bonnerville)? I have done the Annecy and the Fumet sides but am too keen with the latter driving the D909 twisties in the winter, even with a 4x4.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not any likely hood of starving round here with all the cheese and sausages on offer - no spam I'm afraid though! wink

We had the snowshovels ready and waiting last week - and we hadn't even launched the comp. The snow got down to 1600m - just missed us by a whisker!

On a more sensible note Blush

The best route from Geneva is the motorway (Autoroute Blanche) to Bonneville then up through St Pierre de Faucigny, Petit Bornand and Entremont - 1/2hr/20mins from the motorway, depending on conditions. I've only been caught out once by heavy snow, at 11pm night and had to put the chains on - most the time it's clear.

Annecy via Thones is about 1/2 hr/20mins, not so twisty and always clear

Flumet - can be shut as it avalanches easy up there, which then closes the Col des Aravis. Megeve to La Clusaz is about 1/2hr if you can get over. Always worth a ski in Le Giettaz too if you going that way.

Col de Colombiere - where the Tour came up this year is closed from about Late November until May - so no access through Grand Bo in the winter
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Damn it. I love a nice Spam Fritter.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
parlor, washed down with some (sour) grapes Very Happy wink

I think all snowhead chalet owners should also offer such a competition Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
graviteski, do you want people to put their guesses on here or to pm you?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
graviteski wrote:
It's easy to enter just go to http://www.gravite.co.uk/snowshovel/ and guess the day (and time of day)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, thanks - but why didn't graviteski, say that in the first place Embarassed
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, alwayds glad to be of assistance to any "easily bewildered" snowheads wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
graviteski wrote:
It's easy to enter just go to http://www.gravite.co.uk/snowshovel/ and guess the day (and time of day) you think it is going to snow
snow report
Quote:

I think all snowhead chalet owners should also offer such a competition

I don't get it - what is this jibberish?
snow conditions
So are the shovels out yet????
ski holidays
gravité competition page wrote:
Today 20cm of snow at the chalet today and still snowing - we may well be reaching for the shovel when it stops...!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy