Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

tesco rewards for eurotunnel crossing....

Poster: A snowHead
hi all
driving to the alps again this season just looking at using the tesco rewards to go towards the tunnel cost, reading the small print i see you have to call the booking centre to make the booking, does this mean the ticket price is more expensive then when you book online? call me suspicious, you don't get something for nothing these days and i'm wondering if you end up paying more when booking by phone....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope- I got exactly the same price- no difficulties other than having to post your vouchers in
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cbowls30, its the same price as the website. you need to have your tokens when you phone ad they need the numbers then you need to post them straight away. PITA really when it could be done online but hey ho.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks all - tesco rewards it is then..........
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Said it before I'll say it again, not paid for the tunnel for years now. It's the only good thing about Tesco.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And it's only £20 in vouchers each way this year!

(Of course depending on when you travel.)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cbowls30, ticket price is exactly the same. I always have the website open when I book .
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Probably got the point, but price is the same! Once we have our vouchers, I find the booking I want online and then ring up and book checking price etc as I do.

Is a faff to get vouchers, call, post vouchers but hey it's a free crossing!

At peak times you may not be able to use vouchers as the allocation is used up, can turn them back to points by calling Tesco.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
has anybody used other peoples clubcard rewards - there is a group of us and we all obviously have our own stock of vouchures, does it matter if you 'pool' vouchures? because that way our crossing will be almost free.........
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Never pooled them for crossings but me and my sister pooled ours for paying for a sailing experience for our mum (and we both had different surname which also also different to our mum surname) we did phone and check it was alright first explaining it was for a gift. NB we both had to convert to toithaca individually then we could put them together.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i've seen people selling thiers on ebay - so i'm guessing it dosn't matter?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robapplegate wrote:
Said it before I'll say it again, not paid for the tunnel for years now. It's the only good thing about Tesco.

The vouchers are also very good in paying for days out we have used them for legoland, longleat, Warwick castle, adventure wonderland, west midlands safari and Cadbury world, they are also good for paying for meals out in Prezzo, greene king pubs, strada, cafe rouge and others.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cbowls30, as the others say.....win win Very Happy Just don't leave it too late as has to be done in advance by several weeks I think. We normally post the vouchers using recorded delivery.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Even I managed it this year - go for it - exchange your vouchers online for ease of doing it. As said above my vouchers arrived in the post in about 3 days, phone the number, book your times, and then send the vouchers by registered post. Def. worth it for the x3 exchange in value.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
NickyJ, You forgot to mention Parc Asterix and Europa Parc .
For the tunnel book early as it gets full at peak periods. Feb half term already getting very busy.
latest report
cbowls30 wrote:
i've seen people selling thiers on ebay - so i'm guessing it dosn't matter?

Yes they do, but the T&C,s state this is not allowed.

We saved ours for a good few years and swapped them for Goldsmith vouchers, my wife got a nice Tag Aquaracer courtesy of Tesco vouchers. Same as tunnel no restriction and can be used as full payment.
ski holidays
robapplegate wrote:
NickyJ, You forgot to mention Parc Asterix and Europa Parc .
For the tunnel book early as it gets full at peak periods. Feb half term already getting very busy.

Didn't forget them as haven't been there, I was just listing the places we have been to with the vouchers. There are loads of other places you can get entry to we just haven't gone to them.
latest report
Friend at work uses hers every year but on the ferry crossing, never known her to have any issues or pricing problems!
snow report
I use them for around 7 return tunnel crossings every year - never had a problem until this summer when I discovered (yes its in the small print) you can only use them to book more than 2 weeks in advance. Had to pay for that one Sad

If you want to use them for Half term or the Christmas/NYE peak book as soon as you can as their is a 'Tesco allocation'.

Similarly you now HAVE to book overheight, if you haven't you wont be allowed on the overheight coaches.
(and yes the check in staff know what is and what isn't overheight, Discovery is Jeep isn't!)
My 4x4 has a 'special aerial' on the roof which makes it overheight but I have to book overheight every time now.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
I use them for around 7 return tunnel crossings every year - never had a problem until this summer when I discovered (yes its in the small print) you can only use them to book more than 2 weeks in advance. Had to pay for that one

common knowledge I thought; certinly discussed here from time to time

Boredsurfing wrote:
Similarly you now HAVE to book overheight, if you haven't you wont be allowed on the overheight coaches.

why would you not book overheight if that's what you area? I agree that if you're not booked you mayhave to wait for a space; last time I went through about 20 of us had to be put on a later train to make room for overhighs. That train was delayed as was the one we were shunted onto

Boredsurfing wrote:
(and yes the check in staff know what is and what isn't overheight, Discovery is Jeep isn't!)
My 4x4 has a 'special aerial' on the roof which makes it overheight but I have to book overheight every time now

er... if it's overheight it's overheight, surely
snow report
Changing bookings is also less easy for bookings made with Tesco vouchers. You have to ring the call centre but with paid for bookings you can do it online.
snow conditions
X-trail isn't overheight, but we aren't always sure if we will need the roofbox or not, so always book it into the overheight.
ski holidays
I booked overheight with my XC90 + roofbox, but was told we'd probably not need to book overheight...i wouldn't fancy trying a few of those barriers out though!
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Sorry I obviously didn't make my point clear.

If you book overheight and your vehicle is not overheight when you arrive at the terminal you may not be allowed to go onto an overheight carriage.

In August at Ashford we were queuing by the overheight measuring booth and many cars with boxes etc etc were being sent into the ordinary height queues if they failed the height test.

Only those vehicles that were physically measured as overheight were allowed into the overheight lanes.

Over the past few years you simply drove down the overheight lane and got put onto the overheight carriages. Regardless of booking or actual height.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Thu 11-10-12 16:24; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boredsurfing, never been a problem for us, and there are always car going in there that aren't as high as ours.
latest report
Hells Bells, I think it was because of he volume of bookings, afterwards Eurotunnel issued a press release saying it was their busiest week ever!

http://www.eurotunnelgroup.com/uploadedFiles/assets-uk/Media/Press-Releases/2012-Press-Releases/120822new-traffic-record.pdf
snow conditions
NickyJ, there was meant to be a smiley after my comment but it wouldn't work. I wasn't suggesting your list was incomplete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
holidayloverxx, Sorry I obviously didn't make my point clear.

If you book overheight and your vehicle is not overheight when you arrive at the terminal you may not be allowed to go onto an overheight carriage.

In August at Ashford we were queuing by the overheight measuring booth and many cars with boxes etc etc were being sent into the ordinary height queues if they failed the height test.

Only those vehicles that were physically measured as overheight were allowed into the overheight lanes.

Over the past few years you simply drove down the overheight lane and got put onto the overheight carriages. Regardless of booking or actual height.

Aha! that's annoying, but I can see why they need to allocate the overheight space for overheight vehicles to avoid the palaver we had in the summer

...and guess what, we were travelling in that busiest ever 7 day period before 12th August.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 11-10-12 19:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

So what's the problem with that?. Cant remember the exact height of overheight but our Sharan was about 6" under, would scare the bejasus out of Mrs T when I would drive under the bar without slowing down, you could see her duck as we went under!! Laughing
latest report
Height limit is 1.85cm, i remember as my V50 with roofbox fully loaded with 4 sets of skis and 2 weeks worth of kids kit is 1.84 Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy