Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Work in the Alps

Poster: A snowHead
ctskifam, When I went for my TO interview back in June almost everyone was applying for a job in the States and Canada, because they thought the snow in Europe was too unreliable. Also, as the TOs start recruiting so early (applications open in April/ May) perhaps they've nabbed all the sparky candidates already snowHead free

I know of very few people who have done or are contemplating doing a season after uni, as there is a lot of pressure to get a 'proper job' and pay off one's loan. There seem to be an increasing number of people who are taking a career break and doing it later in life though.

Good luck!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks hcb11, we've been recruiting since May - it's just been slow. Fingers crossed for a cracking season in Europe to get everyone looking this side of the pond for work in the future!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi there - I know where you can find 4 staff members - all ready and willing to start when needed! I am a 23 year old girl from New Zealand travelling with another girl and two males (all 25, all from NZ). We are curently living in Spain but are not committed to any time period here and are available to work when required. We all have a working knowledge of the French language, and have experience in customer service, bar and hospitality work, child care and one of us is an amazing cook! Being from NZ, we are all extremely used to the snow and would enjoy the experience your company could provide us. If you are still short of staff and are interested (this is a legitimate reply to your post!) please contact me via email at sfriddolls@gmail.com. I can provide a contact phone number to talk about the job but would prefer not to post it online Smile I hope to hear from you soon! Sincerely, Fran Riddolls
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fran.Riddolls, I'll drop you a line before the end of the day. Thanks for the message.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd love a job, however it will be in the season of 2009/2010. so a while off, when i have my gap year and will want to spend a large chunk skiing/working.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
To really sell yourself you should put "working/skiing"! Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
haha!

well a positive a point about my attirtude is that im always honest! and honesty to employers is a valuable quality! Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FI you advertise in Bratislava or Warsaw you will be inundated with cheap reliable staff.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ctskifam wrote:
I run a small chalet company and, as usual at this time of year, am looking for staff. For the first time ever I’m struggling to find them.

Any feedback on where snowheads and others are looking for jobs + thoughts on why people don’t seem to be applying. Are the traditional seasonnaires too saddled with student debt to contemplate going and enjoying themselves in the snow?

Any ideas very welcome – as are applications!

Hi!!

I'm looking into working next winter i.e. from Nov 08. I'm a hard worker with lots of skills (and i'm 27 so older than the average bum) but i obvioulsy want time on piste. What jobs are you trying to fill? Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi

If any companies are looking for chalet host couples we are a couple looking to do a ski season this year!
We are both teachers looking to venture into a different job, while enjoying skiing and snowboarding along the way.

My boyfriend is not a qualified chef, but a good one with plenty of experience cooking for large groups, and has experience in the travel industry.
Being teachers we feel we are good with people and have great organisation skills.

Please contact me as soon as possible on this thread
we will be happy to hear from you!

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 11-10-12 14:49; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Simbo wrote:
I am looking for a winter Job

Iam 33 years old and currently working as a bike tour rep in Provence. I have loads of experience in Travel and tourism and iam just looking to do a ski season for the experience and to work on my boarding what can you offer?

You can email me simlewis123@hotmail.com

I would strongly advise you to edit / remove your email address. There are webcrawlers used by spam engines that will pick this up
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And now you have quoted it wouldnt you have to edit your quote as well? Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks guys
Amended
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nadenoodlee, too right - and the harder you work the more time to ski. ctskifam, I know of a couple of great young people who are looking for work and are hard working and diligent, I 'll point them your way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swissie, his posts date back to 2007!
ski holidays
jiagedaping, Same ethos applies.
snow conditions
Hi, I'm sending you an email. I'd only be free to work one week but I'd do it for very little to get the experience so that I could get more work in the future
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy