Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Francois Lonchamp

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello Family Skiers, I'm thinking of booking a family ski holiday with 5 kids (all good skiers/snowboaders now) to St Francois Longchamp. Would really appreciate any information/comments before I confirm the accommodation with Goelia at Les 4 Vallees (Feedback in the past has been priceless with previous ski trips and especially for accommodation) Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BeckyBB, I've been there occasionally for a day or two here and there and skied a lot of the pistes, it was sometime ago and we were usually with a group of children so did'nt venture away from the piste but I remember there being quite a lot of off piste easily available that looked very nice. It semed very French and quite a nice place to be. The nursery slopes seemed particularly suitable for young ones, hope this helps but I'm sure others will be along with beter info. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Francis LongChamp is at the opposite end of a resort called Valmorel. So do a search on Valmorel as it is valid in your case.

Valmorel is the first resort in Tarentiase Valley. After Valmorel turn off junction it will be Val Thoren, Merbel and Courcheval forming the world biggest fully linked 3 Vallees domain with 600km piste and 200 chairlifts. Thus the 150 km piste of Valmorel/St Francis LongChamp does not get mentioned much for being the next door neighbour of the mightly 3 Vallees. However Valmorel is possibly the resort with the most "green" slopes in the Alps, to the extent that I suspect the motive is deliberate because some areas of the green slopes at St Francis LongChamp is not suitable for the beginners at all. Nevertheless it is a very nice cruising country for those do not want to be labelled as experts.

Valmorel/St Francis LongChamp is a very long domain. Each time I went there I just skied to the far end, had a nice lunch and came back and that was more or less the whole day. Fast skiers can do it a lot quicker though. There is a small section beyond St Francis Long Champ but I believe one must access to St Francis Long Champ via a valley different from Tarentiaise. Valmrel is wider, bigger and has more variety of runs than St Francis Long Champ.

If your kids are really "good" then they might get bore in St Francis Long Champ quickly. It is "the" resort I would recommend to a family because you can be reasonably certain to be able to see everybody in this flat but huge terrain. If you want the magic of having the whole family cruising together safely as a group over a amazingly long distance then this is the paradise.

I have followed behind to film the wife skiing in various resorts in the Alps but the early one in Valmorel/St Francis Long Champ is the longest. I do find this resort very enjoyable. It is not crowded. Food is good. The infrastructure is modern and snow is as good as anywhere else. The latitude is not high though so pick the right month to go there and avoid the beginning or the end of the season.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy