Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have a happy new year my fellow Boardheads !!

Poster: A snowHead
Enjoy your celebrations snowHead

Bought a new jacket today, only 19 days before I get to wear it whoooooo !!

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
happy new year one and all - even those on two planks (at a push)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
happy new year, now if you could all leave my resort I would be extremely gratefull.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rogg, least we can push... happy new year to you 2.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Enjoy your celebrations snowHead

Bought a new jacket today, only 19 days before I get to wear it whoooooo !!

You mean you're not wearing it as a dressing gown? rolling eyes

Happy New Year to All
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Happy New Year everyone. Have an excellent evening whether you are going out or staying in. Very Happy

(Now I can concentrate on getting ready for the MSB and help to fill up stabs, resort Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ccl, I nearly wore it to the pub last night but had 2nd thoughts incase i lost it ...

Well it was an ok night out, but I ended being very very ill Embarassed I blame the Sambucca being off !!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DebbiDoesSnow, Missed this! Have a good one, one and all! snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Happy New Year dudes and dudesses Very Happy

Hope you all decked your halls and fa-la-la'd your la's to your heart's content... it's good to be back!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A slighty belated, nothing new there then, happy new year to everyone. Not long to Tignes now snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly, 2 more crap weekends then its FLY DAY Razz

Did you get a back up NYE plan sorted ?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy New Year. When will my hangover go?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, about five minutes after you can get to a pub? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snojito, I had a cunning plan on NY eve and booked a room in the pub I was boozing in to avoid silly taxi issues, but my mates came back to the pub at 10 am the next morning, forced me to start all over again and would not let me leave until midnight (literally locked the doors), so having spent the best part of 48 hours on the lash I intend to avoid the pub for a day or two Shocked maybe Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow, yeah went to my old housemates house, it was fairly quiet but good to catch up and better than doing naff all.

Still haven't organised transfers yet though, looking at hiring a car now seems a hell of a lot cheaper!
snow conditions
rayscoops, ah yes the cunning "I'll sleep at the pub" plan... Laughing a friend of mine used to run a pub in the village I grew up in and a similar thing happened to me one morning after I'd, um, 'fallen asleep' on the floor in his flat. I eventually escaped and was found in a nearby country park, late on the second day, missing one contact lens and wearing the basketball shorts I'd arrived at the pub in.

As your attorney might I suggest a couple of day's course of sofa, chinese takeaway and DVDs?

Swirly, DebbiDoesSnow, I'm coming round to the idea that house parties, especially at other people's houses, are the way forward at new year...
ski holidays
snojito, surely that should read:

As your attorney I advise you to stop fannying about and drink a quart of Tequila.
snow conditions
Yey the banter is back !! Its been a boring week on snowHead

Swirly, we booked a package deal so luckily we (meaning me as organiser) don't have to worry about that.

We had friends back on NYE after the pub, unfortunatley I was too ill to join in the fun & drinks. Was found later curled up on the bed with bag in my hand (and not my handbag) Embarassed
ski holidays
Swirly, you're right of course. Or perhaps some of the savage Ukrainian moonshine that Miss Snojito's father gave to us over Christmas. So vicious is this stuff that it doesn't have a name, as those who drink it are rendered unable to speak anything other than vowels for a full fifteen minutes...

As your attorney I advise you to get to the airport and rent a very fast car with no top (the car, not you)
snow report
Oh Yeah !!! The tickets have just arrived. The holiday is officially soon.
Countdown starts here snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, 15 days ...
ski holidays
Razz Razz My 2000 post Razz Razz

Just booked my mate in for a lesson at MK next thurs nite ... splutter SKIING splutter in disgust Evil or Very Mad

But we will see, might still yet get her change to boarding when she see's how much cooler we boarders look.
latest report
DebbiDoesSleepThieving, congratulations! A momentous occasion indeed, and worthy of a moment's quiet reflection.

My countdown's running as well - next Friday morning, next Friday morning, next Friday morning.... Very Happy
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, is she fit?
ski holidays
snojito, I didnt steal a bag Shocked I won't say what type of bag it was but, put it this way, you wouldnt want to be seen out with it !!!
Next Friday - lucky you, where you off to again ? I have a goldfish brain Razz

Swirly, LOL not you as well.... all the guys i'm going with were salivating at the prospect of a female coming (i don't count as they have known me for ever !)
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow, that dosen't answer the question NehNeh

I'm guessing an airplane puke bag.
snow conditions
Swirly, she in my friends on facebook you will have to have a nosy, ... oh wait, you did that already wink
snow conditions
If you'd said yes then I'd have said she has to board, if no then leave her with the skis. Anyway that's slander; a I don't remeber doing it and b my finger slipped.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
and c you have too many friends.
snow report
Swirly, d) not as many as you ! I think she's alright, but then she's my mate.

She should board, its the only way, I'm hoping on her lesson next week she will see the errors of her ways when she sees how cool I look on my board Twisted Evil
ski holidays
So she'll be skiing then NehNeh Razz
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow, ahhh, I getcha on the bag front. chip bag 'cos you'd been hyperventilating...?

Swirly, Twisted Evil
snow report
edited to add: sorry Debbi, just realised I missed your question
Quote:

lucky you, where you off to again ? I have a goldfish brain Razz

and the answer iiiiiiiis..... Val Thorens! This time next week, Rodney....
snow conditions
When are you leaving ValT, snojito? As you noted elsewhere, our paths will cross on the 12th. I should be arriving by about 3pm or so.
ski holidays
I'm so excited I want to go now. I have bored everyone silly at work, they will be pleased once i have gone Razz
latest report
I finally got my backpack and POW Sniper ES mitts. DHL sent them to Ireland at first (somewhere I've never been) so I've been harassing Hot-zone to get this sorted out, but they did it. Thanks Hot-zone!

I'm currently busy trying to remove the Burton logos from the backpack (I find Burton faintly embarassing, although they have good products and an awesome pro team). I'm showing off the mitts and pack anyone passing my desk who isn't already bored to tears of my "I'm going snowboarding!" prattle.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 4-01-08 13:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Shallimus, our flight home's on Sunday afternoon so I guess we'll have to down tools Sunday lunchtime ('s just a short trip, all that work / holiday commitments would allow Sad )

That should still leave enough time for a quick jar or two though, if you're up for catching up -- maybe Sat pm might be a good time? Whereabouts are you and the crew going to be staying?

DebbiDoesSnow, we've got a decent core of powderpuppies in our office, including a couple of ex-saisonnaires, so as soon as it gets cold in September there's a few of us going on about it incessantly. The others though -- now they're bored silly. But that's their own fault for not going boarding of course. snowHead

edited for appalling lapse into mangled franglais (before the pedants get here)

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 4-01-08 12:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
snojito, seems pretty obvious who's in the wrong in your place then. There's only me and one other here although she's done a season so is pretty into it as well. There were some others but they've left now. Sad
ski holidays
Swirly, what is it that someone else on here has as their signature? "just because you're in a minority of one doesn't mean you're wrong", or something like that... you two are right, the others just remain to be enlightened. It's your solemn duty as a snowHead to show them the Way Very Happy
snow conditions
snojito, no no no we don't want anymore uncool people on the slopes than necessary Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy