Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

fiscer amc76

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all im currently skiing on the rossi 9s 150s which are a good ski ,but im thinking of the fischer amc 76 which i can get for a trade ,im tempted because of the 76 underfoot which will give more flotation of piste .I must admit i struggled a tad on the rossis of piste,im looking for that all mountain ski (arent we all ) ????????????????????????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied the Amc76 (170 cm lenght) for a day in StAnton. It was snowing and we had about 5 cm of fresh snow over an icy base, that turned into moguls quite quickly. To tell you the truth i hated them (maybe i should've been on longer ones - i weighted at the time 80 kg). They were very easy to initiate turns as long as the slope was well groomed but felt unstable and chattered a lot on ice, the tips were easily deflected by the small bumps. They felt like they had too much shape and were too light (it seems to me that you either want a light ski to have less shape a la Dynastar 8000 or a curvier ski to have more substance, like the AtomicMetron)
Then again i've read positive reviews of the Amc 76, but i it's a ski i wouldn't buy without skiing it first.
I liked the Dynastar 8000, liked the former Rossi bandit XX better than the B2, liked very much the Movement Spark and i'd rather be on slaloms than gs skis for groomer only days

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 3-10-07 11:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought a pair last season and am very happy with them. Apart from possibly a Head World Cup Supershape I've never skied anything as solid and fast on piste. But you've got to get forward and really carve them. I've had no problem with chatter. I've skied them in all conditions except deep powder and they did the business.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
76...more floation off piste???

What are you on now? A pair of chopsticks??

76 is noodle thin...85 is the minimum I would look at for an all-mountain ski.

Go fat...you won't look back!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ozwhit, I agree with rungsp, for off piste you are gonna want something a lot wider under foot than 76 to get you floating. You want to be sending out nice puffy snow spray.. you don`t want to become a snow submariner.. nothing worse than that sinking feeling... I use Volkl Karma for Off Piste and Park.. truely awesome. I have gone off piste with a pair of Salomon StreetRacer 10s on many occasions quite successfully (very narrow underfoot).. but the Karmas are a lot more fun in the Pow..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've skied the fischer AMC 79 which I found very solid on piste and fairly manouverable apart from possibly in bumps possibly due to it being longer than my other skis (I ski it 182) . If you want all mountain might be a better bet,. AMC holds its edge very well on piste and hard snow
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
the ice perv, how long are yours? I wonder if it was a bad tune or whether i should've taken longer ones, or maybe they reward more a finness skier?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugardaddy, only 158cm. My optimum length would be 164+ but I got a good deal on the 158 and it is only one size down. After many years thinking "longer is better" (skiing 177/180) I got pissed off with struggling with trees, moguls, and getting hop turns in on steep terrain. The AMC76 is relatively light, and in a short length they have very little swing weight. As a result I can now ski hard virtually all day when my mates on their 180s have collapsed in a heap knackered.

Going short often leads to a loss of stability but I didn't find that a big problem with the AMC76. I usually ski with friends who are much more experienced and for the first time I now leave them behind, whatever the terrain. They work off-piste fine, altho I suspect when I finally get them in deep pow they will struggle due to the narrow waist and short length. And if/when that happens I'll just rent a pair of real fatties for a day or two.

I know little about tuning sugardaddy, and I'm only 70kg, but certain skis are demanding and therefore make you get your technique right, coz if you don't you eat snow. I suspect the AMC76 is one of them, but we are all different.

Going back to the OP if you intend keeping the rossi 9s for piste work ozwhit, then maybe something much wider would be better for off-piste days. But if you do just want a one-ski-quiver then give the AMC76 a go.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks guys for the replys , im gonna check them out and go for them ill let you know how i get on ,might take them to the tignes boot camp cheers gary
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To tell you the truth i hated them (maybe i should've been on longer ones - i weighted at the time 80 kg). They were very easy to initiate turns as long as the slope was well groomed but felt unstable and chattered a lot on ice, the tips were easily deflected by the small bumps.

If you can't manage a short AMC76 - How do you then think a longer AMC76 should be eaysier to handle?
The AMC is not that a demanding ski, but it need a little effort and commitment.
Its not a beginner ski. But it is possible to grow into it.
On the groomed and icy stuf you need to be committed to hold and edge. Its not the ski to blame.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is the AMC73/76/79 now sold as the Fuse73/76/79 ? (either just new branding or with some minor updates?)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy