Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - good for beginner boarders?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Would anyone have any feedback on Ischgl for beginner boarders? I went to Les Deux Alpes last year and there was really only one suitable green for beginners, and that had an evil chairlift with a steep drop off. (There was plenty of good runs for beginner skiiers though). I guess I'd be hoping there are a few accessible wide green runs with nice chairlifts.

thanks Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
littlemisssunshine,

There are no steep drop offs from the chairs from memory, in fact most chair lift exists are easy - the chairs are mainly the detachable type.

Not sure about the runs - I find it hard to remember what would be hard when I learnt.

I seem to remember one of my group finding it difficult to learn on the terrain there - he wasn't a complete novice either.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
littlemisssunshine, I'd have thought the whole of the glacier and the Jandri run would have been OK for beginners at LDA. You'll struggle to find anything much easier than that in Ischgl. There are a couple of easy runs in the Idalp sector and the Alp Trida sector is quite benign. But beyond that you'll be looking at reds. Admittedly some of them would probably be blue in other places.

The lift system is the sort of lift system a boarder would design.

As Ste says, one of our group struggled a bit and was on his own some of the time. However if you have more than one beginner in the group it would probably be OK, especially if they enjoy numbing the pain with a few alcoholic painkillers. If you have lots of beginners though I'd go somewhere else.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
littlemisssunshine, have not been to ischgl so can not help, but of all the resorts I have been to I would say Alpe d'Huez has been the best for beginners - wide greens at resort level served by gondola - so no chair lifts to worry about (if you want to avoid them) and you finish the runs at the bar Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stephen bleakley, ischgl would be a great destination for beginneers with a fantastic lift system , easy greens and blues with a fair amount of nice soft snow to the sides of the pistes to play in, and some of the best apres anywhere
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Neilski, do you really think there are loads of easy runs in Ischgl?
I'm not convinced.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
littlemisssunshine, I was there last year and would agree with the positive comments above on the lift system and nightlife. Slopes wise I think there's enough to learn on and if you pick it up reasonably quickly there are enough options for novices. One thing that struck me was that the standard of tuition seemed quite poor... there were a number of beginners in our group both skiers and boarders and none really progressed quickly in their classes. I had 1 private lesson and wasn't too inclined to go back for more. Possibly something to consider.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy