Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ben's Bus ADH & LDA Transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Used Bensbus transfer from Easyjet flights this Feb to ADH and had no probs with it at all- a little bit of waiting around in the airport for the second flight but nothing compared to TO transfers. There are a choice of 3 different drop off points in ADH.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I always try to arrange my travel so that I can ski the day I arrive and the day I depart. The latter is usually easier than the former.

Of course one well known method for the Tarrentaise area is the Ski Train to Bourg St Maurice. This can also be used to get to LDA and ADH (and with slightly more difficulty to La Grave.
Simply get off at Chambery very early in the morning and take a train to Grenoble (trains run every few minutes and take 1 hour). The main public buses to the resorts run from just outside the station. Similarly return on the Saturday evening after a full day skiing to catch the ski train in the late evening.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball wrote:
I always try to arrange my travel so that I can ski the day I arrive and the day I depart.

I like the idea of that and I have on occasion managed it too but don't you find you're a bit jaded from the journey sometimes when it comes to skiing on the first day?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Depends how you do it.
I try to get an early flight out (eg 6.30am), which works if there is a quick transfer to the resort. Also if there is a late flight back (eg 9.30 or 10.30pm) then you get a full day skiing on the last day.
The alternative is a sleeper train (usually couchettes - either 4 or 6 bunks per compartment - but I gather the old luxury sleeping cars still exist: 2 beds and wash basin- but I don't know if they operate at the times and places which would be of use).
Personally I sleep reasonably well on a bunk and usually put on my ski gear in the train in the morning.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 19-08-08 16:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forget first day skiing - get to resort/find bar/get lashed/ski or board with hangover - alps tradition that has served me well Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just booked Ben's Bus for my mid-week transfer to LDA. Very easy and quick to book. Good news that you are up and running mid-week Ben Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When you get there, I assume there is a guy/rep/bum in arrivals waving a "BENS BUS" placard, right?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT, Just booked trains to Grenoble for half term - do you need to book the local bus fron the station to AdH in advance? Or is it worth risking just turning up - even though it is a peak Saturday. I notice on the timetable you do need to book the return trip 72 hrs in advance, in th eoffice at AdH
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SuburbanSkier, I have used the Transisere buses to LDA a two or three times when I have flown to Grenoble, getting my bus tickets without difficulty on arrival at the airport. However, I have always confirmed my return trip within the required time. Unfortunately Ben's Buses will not stop at the railway station (I have checked).
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
SuburbanSkier, When I've caught that bus during busy periods they have run more than one to make sure everyone gets on.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I took Bens Bus from Grenoble to Alpe D'huez week ago.

Load of people were panicking because this 'Ben Bus person' never turned up. lot of us waited for nearly 2 hrs for someone to come to arrivals lounge and hold up the sign - we even started putting calls out over the tannoy and going to the bus park and asking for this phantom bens bus.

everyone was texting and calling the numbers provided on the booking form and nobody answered.

about 30 mins after the bus was meant to depart a french man turned up and couldn't speak any english and dozens of people flocked to him to get on this bus.

when we got to the town at the bottom of the alpe d'huez and les deux alpes valley, we were told that there was going to be a split of people to the two resorts but the other bus hadn't turned up yet.

so the driver took us to a bus station parked up and went into a cafe and sat down with a drink, leaving us all on the bus.

I should have been in the resort by 12.45pm latest and had planned to do skiing in the afternoon - we arrived about 3.30pm and I was really fed up.

Other bus operators said it only takes 1hr 15mins - the extended time is because of the bus splitting up to two resorts at the bottom of the valley.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
achilles, I went to book the bus from L2A to Grenoble airport last week and I found out that the first bus leaving L2A at 8 am did not get me to the airport early enough for my 10.30am gate checkin dead line - actually the bus gets to the airport at 11.00 am and there are probably two or three flights that requires a check in before that time, so keep and eye on your return timetable Confused

innerspaceservices, Bensbus worked out ok for me, getting me an afternoon on my board on day of arrival and a 7.00 am pick up on day of departure, and I am sure it was an unfortunate mishap for you but they got you to the resort. I also tend to find that people from France in France tend to speak French and even take a break every now and then when they have been driving from 7 am - maybe you should have popped off the bus for a coffee yourself Confused
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy