Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where dat den?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just browsing last season's photos to see if I took anything worth submitting for thr 2008 snowheads calendar - I didn't, but I did find these!

Anyone got any ideas where they are? Obviously they're taken from a plane, we flew from Manchester to Turin so I have an idea that they're somewhere around the Tarentaise, maybe the Maurienne?

(Clicky makey bigger-er)

No idea on this one

I think that's bourg st maurice?

I'm 80% sure this is villaroger, at the end of the Paradiski domain, whic means the town to the right would be Bourg St Maurice

And if that's right, this *might* be the Lac du Chevril @ tignes, but it doesn;t look like it's the right shape

All taken in sequence over a period of maybe 5 minutes?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmmm. a few minutes messing around suggests that the last picture might be Valgrisenche off the Aosta valley - long thin valley with a lake on the line between BSM and Turin. Dam looks to be the wrong way round though
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it is BSM, and also sure it's Villaroger.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is that not the dam at Tignes?

Edited, no it isn't don't be so bloody ridiculous

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 1-10-07 14:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
double post, sorry....

Edited to add, that if it is Tignes, then if you were following the valley, then would possibly be BSM.....not sure there is enough at Villaroger to actually see it from this height, but I'll have another look...

Further edited to say that it could be.....now I have actually looked at the photo....

I'll get my coat Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
nbt, In the centre of the picture (Villaroger) is Arc2000 and bowl, Bottom right of the window is La Rosiere. If you enlarge the photo you can even make out the Monstrous/iconic Club Med at Aime2000 in La Plagne (how sad am I)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Bottom right of the window is La Rosiere.

Wow, that looks amazing! wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
laundryman, obviously it is only the very egde of the resort wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes that looks absolutely right for Villaroger but completely wrong for the Lac du Chevril. Could you have been going up a different valley by then?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, and you can see Montalbert quite clearly as well snowHead Sadder than you wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Bottom right of the window is La Rosiere.

Surely La Rosiere should be in the centre....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, I wondered what the golden glow was.

martski, Very Happy yes but to be fair nbt, didn't know what he was looking at Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt,

Frosty the Snowman. is on the button
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
playing around with google maps (looking at the journeys from Chambery to various resorts) I've found that the last pic is indeed Valgrisenche
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt, .... hope you weren't the pilot, or the navigator ..... Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy