Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

snowHeads 2008 Calendars and Christmas Cards

Poster: A snowHead
snowHead snowHead 2008 Calendars and Christmas Cards snowHead snowHead

If you would like to see one (or more!) of your very own pics adorn these prestigious publications - priceless collectors' items of the future -
Please submit them to the mediaZone here.
Please try to limit yourself to your 3 favourite shots - come on, be strict with yourself Wink

If you have pics you would like to be considered for inclusion already posted on the mediaZone you can use the "edit" facility to copy them across into the Vintage 2007 section.

As the pics eventually chosen will be printed, we'll need to have them in the highest resolution available. But please don't post the high-res versions, we will let the owners of the chosen pics know how to get them to us next week.

Please remember to submit only pics to which you own copyright or, if not, written permission of the copyright owner for publication.

Some useful info might be found in last year's thread on the topic here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=417268&highlight=calender+calendar#417268

No more submissions after 6PM Saturday 17th please.

Ratings are invited up to 6PM Wed 21st Nov.

Just a reminder (to avoid confusion Wink ) -
As with last year's photos, the final choice will be guided by the ratings as opposed to defined by them as we need to match the images to their applications and need to ensure some balance and variation throughout the set.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 3-01-08 10:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have one which I'll attach when I'm home later.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yoda, It would be cool to get some pics of the clinic for the october 2008 photo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, unfortunately I won't be there (work interfering again Sad ) but if anyone wants to take a camera along then snap away.... Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some worthy contenders in the gallery but we need MORE pics. Come on snowHead 's - upload or move/copy your favourites now Cool
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yoda, what's the deadline?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yoda, Onfortunately all my favourites are people orientated. Can I suggest any of the below?

snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
eng_ch, deadlines are for losers. oops sorry wrong thread... how about 26th October?

Frosty the Snowman, well the pics will be "rated" by your peers (yes yes I know you're peerless Laughing ) so if you're not worried by that pop them in Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yoda, Neither peerless or fearless Embarassed

I'll stick them in............. oh no I can't only one of them is mine Embarassed
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem if the "owner" gives permission (and name if wishing to be credited on the printed versions).
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yoda wrote:
eng_ch, deadlines are for losers.

Try telling my clients that Wink Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can I suggest snowAngels pics of SC in this thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=595780#595780
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Someone in the last few weeks posted into a thread I was adding comments to a batch of (I think) three full size photos of moutains. One of which showed a magnificent pointed peak in the centre field of the shot - I commented on it being being a brilliant picture at the time. It would be a brilliant contender for the calendar, but I can't for the life of me remember what the thread was. If I can remember or anyone recognises this please let me know and I'll PM the person concerned suggesting that they nominate that photo.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hope they're not too late, only spotted this thread a couple of days ago... Embarassed

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skisimon, don't worry, I've been stuck in Turkey for a couple of weeks and things have slipped a bit Embarassed Hoping to get back on it asap....
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, fell free on the first one Smile

Will post some to the gallery. Have been wondering about next year's calendar, have very much enjoyed this year's.
ski holidays
OK folks time to get this moving.

If you go here http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/649

and sort by "rating" in "descending" order at the bottom of the screen you will see the pics in the order by which they have currently been rated. If you want to add your ratings before the final choices are made please do so asap snowHead
ski holidays
Is there a slight flaw in the ratings in that they are an average rather than cumilative, so a shot which one person has voted as a 10 appears to be more popular that one which has been given 9 by three people Confused
snow conditions
So is the cumulative method. If 10 people voted 5, it would still appear it's got higher rating than 5 people voted 9.
latest report
I suppose you could say in that case that 5 people thought it not worth a vote at all, so probably more accurate.
latest report
As oppose to 10 people all thought it's so-so?
snow report
Correct!
snow conditions
Unfortunately the software as it is at present only allows the current method or a "contest" mode in which each voter only gets 1 vote, so if you wished to rate more than 1 pic it would not be possible. I guess I'll just have to ignore the ratings and choose my favourites Laughing
snow conditions
Sounds fair enough to me - it's the internet after all, not a democracy Wink Laughing
ski holidays
Hi guys, just read this contest in my mailbox by accident... Not sure if it's too late or if this is the place to post it, but here I go:

snow conditions
Ooh that's a wikid one - you need to post it to our media zone here:
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/showgallery.php/cat/649
ski holidays

These two girls were from Bristol and came to visit us here. I loved this pic

This is a picture of my best friend Nils Nissen that passed away from Cancer recently

Well I have a ton more if you want them from all over the world. [/url][/i]
snow conditions
Heres mine, cant figure out how to post in that gallery section...

ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yoda wrote:
Unfortunately the software as it is at present only allows the current method or a "contest" mode in which each voter only gets 1 vote, so if you wished to rate more than 1 pic it would not be possible. I guess I'll just have to ignore the ratings and choose my favourites Laughing

I have "special power". I voted on more than 10 of them!!! Laughing Laughing (did that a couple days back)
snow report
I have posted 2 from each my first two skiing trips, both in 2007. Kopaonik, Serbia in Jan and Tignes at the end of April.
, , ,

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 16-11-07 9:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Here are mine, all from Jan and March 07 trips to La Plagne:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-11-07 9:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
dio5, great shot by the way
latest report
Photos from my season ion Megeve 04/05, personal favourite mont blanc in profile, got to be a contender!

ski holidays
Looking down the valley from Alpe d'Huez. This was the view from my balcony in 2001/02.

latest report
HI,

I'm another who hopes that it's not too late to post? I only received the email this morning!

Here's an Alpes D'Huez cloud inversion that lasted all morning. I think you can just make out the curvature of the earth on this one too.

snow report
Guys. It's no good posting the pics here. They have to be in the mediazone or they can't be voted on.
ski holidays
Thanks Elizabeth, I've got a login to mediazone, and I can rate the gallery, but I can't post to it, does this mean the entry date has passed?
ski holidays
OK, my entry for this year, and currently my desktop background:

snow conditions
mal0r, hmm. No idea. I'll look into it.
snow report
Help! perhaps we should have "Announcement" topics in big flashing text or something! There appear to be 121 pics at present in the 2007 zone section + the others that have been posted here - probably enough to pick 12 I should think Cool Thanks to all who have posted.

abc u don't have special powers. as I said above the "contest" mode is not switched on, so u have more than one rating opportunity. With admin's help we can probably copy pics that have been posted here to the zone category if there's time. I'll have speaks with him now....

and mal0r,I can't see any reason why u can't upload to the zone - do you have some odd firewall or proxy blocking outgoing files?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy