Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm betting on France! My winter choices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After much consideration I have decided on the following locations, any feedback on whether I have picked a good choice is most welcome.

Proper holidays 1 week at Sainte Foy & 1 week at Planachaux Champery
Mini holidays a long weekend in La Grave-Meije and a Norwegian ski resort destination undecided.

Also if anyone has any advice about how I should structure the visits i.e time of year.

Now all we need is lots of snow!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also my snow itch is relatively severe and so I was considering going to Saas Fee for glacier skiing sometime in October. Has anyone any experience of this as the flights to Milan are rock bottom at moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
plectrum,

Do you not fancy the Pre-Season Bash in Les Deux Alpes? End of October
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
there is a TR on TGR from Saas Fee last weekend. 50cm of powder!

I would go to La Grave for a full week if it was me
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum, I'd definately take a car for a week in Sainte Foy.....just on the off chance it is a bit grim off the Fog....10 minutes to Villaroger and 20 minutes later your up the top of the Aiguille Rouge above Arcs 2000.....or get yourself down to the Monal and see which guides are around....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've not been to La Grave (yet) but it has a rep for frequent gondola closure in mid-winter due to wind, and is supposed to be best in the spring. That is all hearsay mind you!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sainte Foy - been a couple of times in last few years but never had decent snow for serious off piste. I'd imagine with some powder it's an awsome place. The piste skiing is limited but at least quiet, not much choice of drinking establishments. If snow is not so good will find yourself wanting to pop off to Val, Tignes, Les Arcs, etc. All depends on what you wnt to get out of the week
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I am currently thinking of serious budget youth hostel in PdS, a nice catered + transfer supplied chalet in Sainte Foy (actually in La Maseure) and probably another youth hostel type accomodation in La grave.

Yes I could be very interested in Les Deux Alp Oct Bash, is this something snowheads are organising?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
plectrum, Have a look here at all the PSB threads http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewforum.php?f=31
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
plectrum wrote:
Also my snow itch is relatively severe and so I was considering going to Saas Fee for glacier skiing sometime in October. Has anyone any experience of this as the flights to Milan are rock bottom at moment.

Not Saas Fee - but still, October and unbeatable price!! It's been dumping on this glacier this weekend! www.atomicbootcamp.co.uk
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Joanne Mountainsun, God damn Joanne that is a good price you are offering! WOW Wink I will put it in to the ever growing consideration box!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yup - LG is defn best later in the season.
There is easily a weeks worth of skiing there - its a huge ski area, but certainly not for everyone.

Make sure your ski fit, and ready to ski all types of snow conditions.
In a week you will probably experience everything from powder, ice, giant moguls and crud.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Joanne Mountainsun, Fantastic price! £99 for Sept 29th to Dec 16th, don't know how you can do it! Madeye-Smiley Don't think I could get away from work for that long, could I just come for a week for £20?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If I had any holiday time left at all i'd be Atomic Boot Camping like a shot.

Mind you...the way my work is going at the moment I might well have an indefinate amount of time off looming Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Okay here goes,

Bootcamp in Dec gonna book tomorrow, anyone who wants a lift let me know ASAP from grenoble as transfers in Dec are all booked but spaces are available in hotel.

1st week January - probably Planachaux in Portes Du Soleil. May bring this forwrd to last Dec if season kicks in early. Probably look for Geneva flight on cheap.
Late Feb week in Sainte Foy - wil drive from grenoble so again if any one wants a lift let me know.
Mid March long weekend La Grave - will drive from grenoble so let me know!!!

ok Now jut to look under the mattress for the money to pay!

Decided against PSB-kinda a combination of many things but mainly it is time of year although if it snows again in next week I guess I will change my mind!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy