Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK HNGB lauch new scheme to counter the UK BASI course!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
roga, yes, there normally is.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga not sure about a pdf but the website details each alpine course level here http://www.basi.org.uk/course_disc.aspx?did=2
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks skimottaret - there's useful information on the website but it'd be good to have a downloadable brochure with all the info on it and in a print friendly format like the coaching one you posted. Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The war continues... A "joint statement" issued due to what appears to be a typo in the BASI course directory where they said snowsports England instead of Snowsports GB. Getting pathetic now...

http://www.snowsportengland.org.uk/joint_statment_by_basi_and_the_home_nations-2888.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret, was just looking around the snowsport england website out of interest and it seems they have introduced a new ski cross style event.....

Quote:

Ski-Across - more downhill than Freestyle. Four or more skiers start at the top of a course that owes more to a bob sleigh run than piste. Whoever stays in the course and gets to the bottom first wins. Did I mention the occasional mammoth jump just to put you off?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skimottaret, thanks for the link, totally agree:
Quote:
The Home nations would like to add that UK Snowsports offers a series of integrated Coaching, Leading and Instructing qualifications designed to serve the needs of the skiing and snowboarding community. Our awards are recognised throughout the UK and abroad providing a clear simple pathway, from first steps to internationally accredited qualifications.

Internationally accredited!?! First I've heard about it - I thought BASI were the internationally recognised snowsports instructing organisation?

As for serving the needs of the community I'd suggest they'd be best served by having a single path to qualifications rather than having two camps united, at least on one side, only by their distaste for the other and wish to maintain the status quo! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roga, The UK Snowsports awards are recognized by the IVSI.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, the HNGB have recognition of IVSI who are the amateur association of ski instructors. this organisation represents ski instructors who work in clubs as opposed to professionals in the commercial sense. Which as most ski centres in the UK are commercial would raise another question. The HNGB maybe should be training and qualifying amateur instructors who work in clubs, BASI look after the professional route?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

The HNGB maybe should be training and qualifying amateur instructors who work in clubs, BASI look after the professional route?

thats my opinion as well..
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
elbrus, There are clubs at commercial ski centres too.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy