Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

That's it BASI - all deals are OFF - you've pushed us just too far!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
skimottaret, you mirror my thoughts on BASI's professional, (unwavering)approach.

Basicaly the SSS APC was developed from the Canadian recipe. It makes sense for BASI to adapt an existing theme and add bits of their own. I expect it keeps it not too far from the SSS theme.

There is plenty of excellent coaching material available trhrough the canadian web sites at no cost other than download time.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Copy of email received from BASI today:

Subject: BASI Statement on UK Coaching & Instructing Education Programmes

Dear ……….. member

I would be pleased if you would be kind enough to forward to your members the information in Appendices and the following statement that BASI wish to share with the snowsports industry to ensure that there are no misunderstandings as to what the present BASI stance is.

As you will see BASI is still very committed to supporting the whole industry.

If you have any queries regarding any of the information please don’t hesitate to contact us at the office

Yours in snowsports

Dave Renouf, Sean Langmuir Diane Wilde

Operations manager Training Manager Training Department Administrator

BASI

Tel 01479 861 407 01479 861 401 01479 861 405

BASI Statement on UK Coaching and Instructing Education Programmes

1st October 2007

BASI wishes to work closely with the UK Snowsport Governing bodies. Following the breakdown of Modernisation, BASI has continued to negotiate with the UK Snowsport Governing bodies in order to achieve the goals of Modernisation. These were; a clear pathway for instructors and coaches, which in turn would give a clear pathway for participants and performers. With BASI administrating the system, the members would have ownership and the funds would go back into the Governing bodies.

We would like to keep the communication going with the UK Governing bodies with a view to running these courses together.

To this end BASI has:-

Employed two full time members of staff, one to look after the instructing system and the other to look after the coaching scheme.

Committed to investing over £100,000 to Snowsport GB over the next 3 years.

Developed and started running level 1 courses to qualify instructors to teach on artificial ski slopes (no limit on the level the instructors can start to teach or teach up to)

Running performance coaching courses from Autumn 07’

Run training courses for current UK Governing body coaches/tutors to deliver Level 1 courses

All current ASSI’s and ASBI’s are welcome to join BASI and will just need to attend a conversion course. In the mean time (whilst waiting for a conversion course) they can join BASI and receive all the benefits of being BASI level 1 Instructor including public liability insurance.

Current Club Instructors and Alpine Ski Leaders can upgrade to a BASI level 1 Instructor by attending an assessment day. Upon successful upgrade then you can apply for membership and the benefits of a Level 1 Instructor.

Holder’s of the Coach APC level 1 will be able to convert to BASI coach level 1. By attending a conversion course and all other performance coaches can apply to attend either a conversion day or assessment day to gain the full benefits of the of the BASI Level 1 or 2 Coach depending on their existing qualification.

The above allows the Instructor and Performance Coach to only need to pay one subscription for their professional qualifications and benefits and have clear pathway for self development and development for others from beginner to elite.

Appendix

Membership benefits
Ownership of the organisation ( all individuals have a vote)
Insurance benefits (Liability and professional indemnity worldwide)
Information via the news letter
Continuing support for personal development courses
Full access to the BASI shop and discounts.

· Course content overview and outcome standards

· Course organisers pack/sheets

· Local delivery of courses

BASI will use local Tutors and Trainers for courses delivered throughout the UK.

· Pathways from grassroots entry levels to the highest level of professional Instructor and Coaching qualifications

Andrew Lockerbie

Chairman BASI

For more Information go to:

BASI website: www.basi.org.uk

Tel: 01479861717

Email: basi@basi.org.uk
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
but BASI seem to have used the coaching content from canada

Ho ho ho - there's still reference to "Snow Stars" on Day2 of the course Laughing
latest report
 monster77
monster77
Is there anything about for the Development Coach. BASI talk of APCs converting but I can see no mention of ADCs.

from the BASI e-mail.

"Holder’s of the Coach APC level 1 will be able to convert to BASI coach level 1. By attending a conversion course and all other performance coaches can apply to attend either a conversion day or assessment day to gain the full benefits of the of the BASI Level 1 or 2 Coach depending on their existing qualification. "

Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monster77, They're launching BASC next year (British Assc of Snowsport Coaches) that will cater for Development Coaching rather than Race.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, Will BASC cater for the IVSI side?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowshark, I am sure it's their intention, it would be pointless without IVSI. At the moment it's just SSE that has IVSI. I can't see IVSI not admitting BASI.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not knowing the situation but would a key reason for BASI creating a new seperate BASC organisation to give it amateur status so that it can apply to the IVSI?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, makes sense.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
A bit off topic, but kind of related. All the full time instructors at Chill Factor e are a minimum ISIA, and they have a fair number of ISTDs. Think this makes them unique in the UK.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
beanie1, not doubting what you say exactly, but that's difficult to believe as it'd cost them a fortune. Did you get that from the horse's mouth? ISTDs know their worth over the winter and will want to be financially compensated for not boogering off to whiter pastures over the on-season. My impression is most British ISIAs are usually barely pausing for breath on their way to ISTD and need to be on a mountain getting more skilled. The rest, and the foreign qualified ISIAs, well, go to foreign lands to teach or are part-time anyway, with day jobs. They'll need a lot of instructors and I think even to have all BASI Level 2s will be a tall enough order!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
slikedges,

Yes, from the horse's mouth! They only have 9 full time instructors, who are all ISIA or ISTD. The majority will be part time instructors, all levels but a minimum BASI L1 / ASSI.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
beanie1, I had heard that they interviewed around 20, but only employed 4 full time ski instructors. The other 5 must be snowboard instructors then.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
veeeight,

Yes, the 9 is total ski and board. In addition the Operations Manager is also an ISTD and will be doing some teaching. They've interviewed loads of part time instructors, I think their skiing assessment is week after next - i understand they'll have about 100 on the books.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well I'll be working there on a part-time casual basis. My understanding was there were possibly 5 full-time ski instructors posts (an offer was there, but I have a mortgage to pay!). So it could make sense that there are 4 full-time boarding instructors. They will be employing ASSI's and BASI level 1's as they have these listed on their payscales.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy