Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Realli-ski simulators - anyone tried this? UPDATE - with video!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
blytht, wow - sounds like you had an amazing time - that's great to hear. I wish I could fix it to get the Easiski treatment, but having a non-skiing husband clips my wings a bit!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
NewSkier, I could steal Easiski's thunder here, but she has an answer for your non-skiing husband (No not that!!!) Shocked

If you go and see her in the summer, you can ski on the glacier, while the other half can do the summer things in the valley,
which range from
Mountain biking; climbing and walking; Parapenting; Trampolining; Jump practice trampolining (attached to bungee cords); rowing, pedaloing, canoeing; golf; crazy golf; pitch & putt; freewheel go-carting; summer luge (like a cresta run);downhill scooters; archery; tipi village; bowling; pit-pat (sort of crazy golf on tables with pool cues); animal farm; fishing; helicopter rides; quad biking; canyoning; rafting; kayaking; bungee jumping (140m); climbing walls; adventure park; paint ball; tennis; squash; swimming; pony trekking; sunbathing!

Gee I just took that list from her website....................

The funicular railway is interesting wink takes you to the top of the glacier.

It is a very strange experience to go up two gondola's looking at nothing but brown mountains, then suddenly to be faced with this white
mass. On the way up looking at all the poor chairlifts just crying out for snow Sad

www.easiski.com Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blytht, is the summer skiing suitable for me though or is it like the PSB reports suggest & not terribly novice/nervous friendly?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
NewSkier, I do admire your dedication to the cause - if anyone learns to ski well it ought to be you - you deserve to succeed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NewSkier, don't worry about the reports. Look at some of the other LDA threads which show some wonderful snow in the Summer.The slopes are gentle and wide.

The snow was pretty good at the top and easiski knows where to find the best snow. I would recommend lessons with her, my confidence on ice has improved tremendously - there is always snow somewhere to turn on.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, Thanks. Do I look that hopeless on the video? I sometimes feel it is a lost cause & I am wasting everyone's time, but then everyone's always encouraging and telling me I have a good enough basic stance, so maybe I will get there! I so hope that my hol next Feb is good with decent weather/snow conditions and slopes that I can gain the necessary confidence on. I just worry that, being half term, it could be off-puttingly crowded.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 5-11-07 23:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx, Thanks. Easiski's 2007 summer report thread wasn't over encouraging when I read that - rain, slush, freak storms, mud, fog, rescues from wildly swinging cable cars....!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NewSkier, We were in LDA this summer and I would say it is eminently suitably for a novice of nervous disposition. As holidayloverxx, says the slopes are wide and gentle and really not busy. There are also far fewer 'muppets' doing silly things at speed on the slopes than in the winter!
Yes, the weather and snow conditions can be variable but that is not necessarily a bad thing as you gain the skills to deal with the conditions under Easiski's tutelage. Most of us who have had the Easiski experience can wax lyrical about her analytical skills and ability to state simply what you need to do to improve (and help you do it!) but for me one of the winning arrows in her quiver which is sometimes overlooked is that she really understands fear and nervousness and will have you doing things you never thought were possible with confidence and a flipping big smile on your face!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Annie, thanks - we are thinking of a week in Scotland in June, and I wonder if I just might persuade him we really ought to have a second week away in nice fresh mountain air.............!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
NewSkier, Regarding 1/2 term it depends where you go - My resort is fine wink

Also, I didn't intend to make it sound as though there was anything at fault with your skiing, only that I don't think I would be dedicated enough to do all things that you are trying to learn to ski - if effort = reward you should very soon start to be feeling better about your skiing. After all, who am I to criticise anyone - I still find the steepest sections of the blue runs rather challenging too!! I do think you could use a little self confidence in your own abilities though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, Thanks. It's just frustrating - I want to be able to do it NOW and I get quite despondent when I don't seem to get any better overall. On your birthday bash I made a bit of progress during the day, but by the next visit to a snowdome I was back to square one again! I have managed to go several times over the summer to Tamworth thanks to my Dad buying me a membership pack for my "big" birthday (gets you 30% off entry & lessons), and their fantastic summer offers (gets you another 30% off) as I felt I needed to keep trying, but I don't seem to be able to carry the progress forward and am making the same mistakes each time. The visit to Realli-ski was so very different, and having a harness on (that stops the machine if you fall) and the bar to hold onto addressed the confidence issues. As the instructor said, it gives you the chance to instill some "muscle memory" of the correct movements.

If I have a really good week at Vallandry and make the progress I want, you won't be able to keep me from shouting about it!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For those who are interested, here is our “official” video clip.

This is 1 of 4, sample lesson video clips coming soon!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=3235871210947666145
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
realli-ski wrote:
For those who are interested, here is our “official” video clip.

This is 1 of 4, sample lesson video clips coming soon!

Thanks for this - will be really interested to see the lesson clips - will there be commentary with them?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Spyderman, its wednesday night when I'm nearby. what's Centripetal forces ?

Simple, centripetal forces are the equal and opposite of the non existent centrifugal forces.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
realli-ski, Nice one, Showing touching the ski's is priceless. Well done.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy