Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is a car needed in Verbier??????

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all

I just wanted to get some advice on whether it is worth hiring a car from Geneva airport and driving to Verbier or is there no need for a car when you are there. My thinking is that as there are Four Valleys would it be worth driving along the valley each morning or are the different ski areas all accessible by the lifts from Verbier leaving the poor car sat there all week?

We are going early January if that makes any difference.

Thnx

George

Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No need for a car but it might the cheapest way for you to transfer from GVA. 4 people in a hire car is normally the cheapest way to do it.

The skiing is all linked by lifts so you don't need to drive around the resort.

The resort itself has an excellent bus service and poor parking around the lifts.

So I'd say, hire a car but then park it for your long weekend...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holyjasper, wot he said.

For two people plus, car hire is usually the cheaper transfer method for weekend breaks.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
would agree with parlor, although maybe take the train to have a few beers and not worry about anything like driving, parking, crashing of the sides of mountains etc.

Farinet was ok and central so no need for car pnce you get there, nice friendly bar and balcony, but food was not brilliant, nice aussie/swedish boarding girls working there ...... but things change
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holyjasper, nope. get the train (ticket includes transfer up to bus station in village (used to anyway)).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What Nickski says. The train from Geneva airport is so easy - the train station is right inside the airport. Jump on the train, which will be dead on time, relax, quick train change at Martigny, get off at Le Chable and get on the yellow postbus which meets the train and takes you right in to Verbier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have heard the train takes up to 3 hours, is that not right? Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holyjasper, as a further answer, you'll be able to get to most of the 4v on skis, some of it's pushing it, unless you're very quick and don't want lunch. That's the prime reason you don't need a car. By the time you've got your car, driven there and found you're accom. it'll easily take you 3 hours anyway. Relax, have a beer, watch the scenery. Swiss trains are everything they're supposed to be.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'd be very unlucky for the entire journey to take 3 hours, but it could if you're travelling late and the connections don't go your way. If you get to Le Chable before 1845 you can get the bubble up to Verbier, which is the quickest way into town. You won't drive it in less than two, not with all the new cameras on the autoroute anyway!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ok thx for all the advice. Does anyone know the approx cost of a return train ticket (I am kind of the lead so am doing all the numbers for the rest of the boys) and also is it straight forward from Geneva airport.
Thx again guys this forum malaki is superb!!!

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holyjasper, yep the Swiss transfer ticket which takes you from the airport to Verbier is £55. You need to buy it before you leave the UK from the swiss tourist office www.switzerlandtravelcentre.co.uk/?gclid=CPTc2tuw5I4CFQ0eEgod-DLMQQ.

It's a very straightforward journey as described by RachelQ, above.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Steve Sparks wrote:
holyjasper, yep the Swiss transfer ticket which takes you from the airport to Verbier is £55. You need to buy it before you leave the UK from the swiss tourist office www.switzerlandtravelcentre.co.uk/?gclid=CPTc2tuw5I4CFQ0eEgod-DLMQQ.

It's a very straightforward journey as described by RachelQ, above.

Is that £55.00 each way per person? i.e £110.00 return?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No that's £55 return, sorry should have made it clearer.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The car option is good depending on where you are staying. Last year we found it great for the food / drink run if self catering! Was also great to get things on the way up from a larger supermarket that was less expensive.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy