Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire Salzburg Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a car rental company at Salzburg airport, looking for cheap and cheerful, and only 2 people, so a small car will do.

Also, can you hire a car with just a UK Photo Licence??

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find it's cheapest to book through holiday autos and then they broker the best price with the car hire companies. Salzburg has all the main companies, Avis, Hertz etc, which are all similarly priced I think. I think if you book through the ryan air or thomson fly websites it can be slightly cheaper? You only need your UK licence but remember to take the photocard and the big green part.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Re the latter, I've hired all over Europe with just the photocard part, although I always carry the big green part as well just in case (cos it gives me an opportunity to moan about the bureaucracy which comes up with a nice wallet sized card and then says "ah but you really need to carry this big green thing as well, just to make the whole exercise pointless" rolling eyes )
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've hired several times from Salzburg recently, always just used the photo card, but I always carry the other bit just in case.

I've always booked through the skiclub, I think it is holiday extras.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I generally use these fellows when hiring an auto on the continent: http://www.skycars.com/

Usually some good deals to be had.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
watch out for pick up and drop off times, I've had difficulty in the past with late flight arrival and hire pick up in the evening being closed at the airport

I've ended up transferring to Zell am See and hiring locally Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
During the summer I used Weekrent.com 100 euros cheaper than anyone else on an MPV.. Cheap cars were very cheap too. Good service, unlimited KM, reasonable opening hours and late drop of service available. Also, you pay nothing until you get there!

Hope this helps
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some car hire companies in Salzburg have started picking people up at the airport then transferring them elsewhere in Salzburg to pick up their car, even if they chose to collect at the airport, so watch out for this as it delays your journey a little and can be a pain of you're taking the car back late or on Sunday

Deb
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Watch out for the out of hours charges.... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the help, especially the mention of the out of hours charge, which will add about £20 at least, but in vienna they charge by the half hour after closing!... could work out v expensive!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
djfletcher wrote:
Some car hire companies in Salzburg have started picking people up at the airport then transferring them elsewhere in Salzburg to pick up their car, even if they chose to collect at the airport, so watch out for this as it delays your journey a little and can be a pain of you're taking the car back late or on Sunday

Deb

Come on Deb name and shame please
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I hired from Budget at Salzburg airport in January and March 2007 for long weekend trips, arriving at 10am on Friday and dropping back at 5pm on Monday, both times with no problems at all. We had three people and their kit in a VW Polo on one trip, and a Skoda Fabia on the other, and while it was tight in the Polo, nobody minded for the short hop to Kaprun (75 minutes). The car will have winter tyres, and nowhere I've been in Austria required chains at any point, but I may just have been lucky.

Their office is in the car hire block opposite the terminal, along with Avis/Hertz/Europcar and so on, and they have marked parking bays underneath in the multi-storey carpark. We booked online, and both times was around €150, with fuel being about €45 for the 4 days with some running around town and up to the glacier and back. We're planning a similar trip again this year as a top-up to our main holiday over New Year Very Happy

Paul.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ousekjarr, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy