Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to choose your night-vision skiing goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Here's some advice. Might make sense for commandos, but I'd think I'd rather be using a good head torch - limited though the range may be, than ski with some of this stuff strapped to my face. I think the author is having a laugh ... or have you skied with NVG?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A negative event Headplant, or tree contact, which is possible on a dark night = Bummer of two black eyes - mimimum ... Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
achilles, Another option for night skiing is my "Snowglow" concept for luminous snow, as posted on this thread Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I vote for the bar.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have used NVG's in anger. They do not allow you to 'see in the dark', depth perception is poor, and the image you see is based on the reflective properties of the surface not its colour. I would definately think twice before skiing in them.

But if you've got any video of people trying it, then I'd quite like to see it Shocked Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, why would you need NVGs to ski in the dark anyway? Anything other than a moonless night and you have plenty of illumination...even on a moonless night it's amazing what you can see by starlight.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When i went night skiing there were gruops of 5-6 and the leader had a flare goin and that was it... Was awesome.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy