Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend a Boot fitter near Brighton ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I want to buy my first pair of ski boots and live near Brighton.

The only shop I can find doing a boot fitting service in the area are Snow and Rock in Brighton, has anyone used that branch for boot fitting and got an opinion one way or the other ?

Alternatively any alternatives (how bad english is that ?) around this area ?

I am happy to travel as far as London but hoping for someone reccomended a bit closer ?

Also what sort of figures are we looking at, if the basic boot was £150, after bootfitting what sort of price should I be looking at ?

Thanks in advance,

Noggin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Noggin007, I live 35 miles from Brighton. I went into S&R in Brighton a year or so back and asked them to mount some bindings onto skis bought from S&R cheap on the internet. They had no one there who could do it - but someone was going to go on the training session.... soon... S&R Brighton is in the restaurant and fashion part of town and I think that is where it belongs. I have had enough trouble with numpties fitting boots at bigger S&R stores like Covent Garden and Chertsey.
Surf and Ski in Regent street in Brighton used to be ok, but seem to look a bit dilapidated now, not even sure that they still sell boots.

For boots you need to go on a weekday (avoiding Saturday staff) spending 2-3 hours somewhere which has a decent range of boots and where the fitters have been well trained and have been in the business for a while. I am not sure there is anyone within 20 miles of Brighton that applies to.

Others may be along with more positive information as there are several snowHeads around Seaford/Newhaven/Brighton.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Noggin007, A little way but Filarinskis in Havant have been recommend before.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM in Bicester is recommended by many of the seasoned skiers at snowHead s. Although it's a long trek up from Brighton Rock I'd reckon it's worth it for the quality of service.

I think Ellis Brighham have a branch in Portsmouth.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or profeet in London if you need to go by train...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Noggin007, I'm out in Seaford, and travelled to the boot day at Lockwoods last year.
I had my first boots 'fitted' at S&R in Portsmouth. SZK fitted my next pair 1 1/2 sizes smaller last year.
If you can, try to get to the boot fitting day next month.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Noggin007, As Michelle says it'd be worth trying to get to the boot fitting day...if you can't then the trip to Bicester to see CEM is well worthwhile. It's a fairly easy journey (we're Seaford too) and you'll get a great fit from an expert!! S&R at Brighton don't seem to be good at anything....they have been less than helpful whenever I've been in there and I was only shopping not trying for anything so important as well fitting boots!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Surf & Ski in Brighton (1 Regent Street, Tel 01273 673192). Good ski shop with a good selection of boots. Ask for Ed for your boot fitting.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowlab very near Knockhatch ski slope. Ring to make sure they have what you want.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Noggin007, There is Edge and Wax up in Partridge Green (just outside Horsham). I have not used them for boot fitting but you could do a search on here or ask for specific feedback on them if that would otherwise be convenient. They are an independent store.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
+1 for Edge and Wax - I did use them for boot fitting - very thorough - still wearing the boots 5 years on - snowHead name @scottydog

Allow 2 hours for proper fitting and custom footbeds so appointment required.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I expect Noggin007 sorted his boots out in 2007 Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Another vote for Edge and Wax in Partridge Green.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Cynic, this was a thread from 2007!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quality bit of thread necromancy.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy