Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need a new resort

Poster: A snowHead
Every year we go as a party of 8 middle aged skiers to the 3 valleys. We like catered chalets with en-suite rooms and ski in ski out. nightlife is not so important as we make our own entertainment.
This year it has been suggested that we may like to change the area. So can anyone suggest what other areas in France may suit us in March.
Thank you
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What kind of skiing are you after?

off piste or on?
Blues, reds or blacks?
Do you like the big "mega" resorts like 3 valleys or are you looking for a smaller, quieter resort?
Does it have to be France?

Suggestions to look at in the big resort range in France are La Plagne/Les Arcs, Val D'Isere/Tignes, Avoriaz, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe D'Huez....

Cheers,

Greg
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
10.....9.....8......7.....6...... wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
After 3V, surely it has to be Espace Killy. Tignes if you want convenience, Val d'Isere if you want a bit more life.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ford, In addition to kitenski's suggestions it's worth checking out Grand Massif area (Flaine, Les Carroz, Samoens etc) if you're looking for the bigger areas. If you don't mind a bit less linked convenience there's always the area round Chamonix and if you don't mind looking into the smaller areas then La Clusaz is worth a visit too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guvnor, cheeky! Im waiting too!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
La rosiere ?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
France- I think there are many resorts that meet your criteria

Alpe d'huez, serre chevalier, les arcs/vallandry, Espace Killy to name the usual suspects and many good smaller resorts

Consider Austria-St Anton surprisingly affordable and fairly snow sure is the only resort I've been to, but as a resort /village is one of my favourites

One of my friends who I normally ski with really enjoyed La Clusaz and said more than enough skiing for a week.

Switzerland- verbier , Zermatt , wengen to name but a view may suit,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor, 5....4.....3....... wink

On reflection Ford might have too many posts already to attract that attention?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ford, I'd really like to spend a week in St Foy and spend that week getting off-piste instruction.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The issue is also finding chalets that are ensuite as I have to book the same thing. Last season we went to Les Arcs 2000 and stayed in Chalet L'ours with Ski Total - all ensuite and handy for the skiing. Would definitely recommend it
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ford, Easy request Laughing La Plagne with Silver ski. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This one:

http://www.simplyparadiski.com/

is run by a friend of ClaraJo's - I believe she went there last season and was impressed. Youn might want to drop her (ClaraJo) a PM
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
LDA
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, I thought you'd be the first to pimp your chalet to Ford, I'm sure he'd love Montalwhere.
ski holidays
Ford, interested to know why you want to change?

I know some people like to rack up the miles, but I like going back to somewhere that I know
latest report
Boris, I like to change resorts for at least one holiday a year.

You cannot really [cheaply] change your job, your house, your wife, but you can change where you ski.
snow report
Ford, i'd echo kitenski's questions...and if you just fancy a change, why not try America while the dollar's so weak?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy