Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does SnowHeads make you delusional about your own skiing ability....

Poster: A snowHead
Can someone explain 'chocolate starfish' please. Chocolate teapots I understand, but chocolate starfish?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, you really don't want to know...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum,

err, no. some things are better left unsaid. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, Interesting to know if the snowHead censor approves the answer, which is : anus.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, i will explain if no-one else will, its your hoop, your poop shoop, the rusty bullet wound, little brown cave.......... you with us now???
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
and heres me thinking it was a chocolate covered starfish Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, in answer to your original question,

No. I don't see how SHs could make you self-delusional if you weren't that way inclined already. And I wouldn't like to think I was, at least not about skiing.

That said, I don't understand much of what's discussed. Cross-over/cross-under? What's that all about then? (Rhetorical question, it's not that I know the answer (I don't), I just really don't need to know).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother wrote:
rob@rar, perhaps non-professionals should only be allowed to post in BZK if they first submitted a video of themselves skiing?

Here are Yoda and Admin (hugahoodie)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2284260010148642986
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, Great film. Looks like everyone had fun.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I don't see how SHs could make you self-delusional if you weren't that way inclined already

thats the scary bit wink Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, OK I get the general idea peeps - Makes sense, not shockable in this dept. luckily!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof wrote:
stoatsbrother wrote:
rob@rar, perhaps non-professionals should only be allowed to post in BZK if they first submitted a video of themselves skiing?

Here are Yoda and Admin (hugahoodie)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2284260010148642986

Mmmm, happy days Smile Good work by the cameraman as well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum wrote:
OK, OK I get the general idea peeps - Makes sense, not shockable in this dept. luckily!!

Thank gawd for the kind folks here. I resisted posting ( at the time) ... but it would have read ..

1) Find Full- length mirror
2) Remove all clothes
3) Stand up straight ,looking away from mirror
4) Spread legs and Inhale
5) Bend forward
6) Attempt to look at mirror thru legs
7) Re-focus on C-S'fish
Cool Get sick-bag and sign up to latest diet ...

just as well I didn't write that then !
wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Maybe not directly on point but anyone who thinks BZK is an arid sense of humour and tolerance free zone ought to visit this fine establishment:

http://www.realskiers.com/pmtsforum/

Truly a mob who are auto colonic inspectors par excellence IMO.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Truely amazing...and hilarious... Shocked Laughing Puzzled Laughing rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
fatbob, Blimey. Shocked I notice that there's a poster called 'jbotti' - aptly named indeed. rolling eyes
snow report
This may be of interest Grasshopper....

http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_dance.html
snow report
Check out the post here midway down by Mr L Ron Hubbard at 5,17 19 September

http://www.realskiers.com/pmtsforum/viewtopic.php?t=1701

Lets hope veeight, easiski, fastman etc are all on his 5 skiing expert shortlist or we're all wasting our time wink
snow conditions
All good stuff wink
ski holidays
fatbob, Good Grief! What a load of old codswallow. (Wallop or wallow, that's the question). Terrifying. Skiing just is not that complicated. If it was, I couldn't understand it (or do it) and I do have a degree in theoretical physics. Mind you I can't understand or do that either these days...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 26-09-07 21:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
David Murdoch, steady on, you're just about to critique a PSIA L3 examiner........ wink
snow conditions
veeeight, and...

You'll note that I've just edited that away as the HH guys were criticising for no apparent reason. Maybe it was just camera angle - but I still didn't find it that pretty! mea bad liked the top picture though, although I might criticise her fashion sense, Khaki pants for racing? darling, no, primary colours only!

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 26-09-07 21:29; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fatbob, I like your L. Ron Harbard analogy. Do you need to get cleared and be audited by a real skiers instructor before you can ascend to be expert? [SHOUT] SKIING MIGHT BE DIVINE BUT IT IS NOT A RELIGION [/SHOUT] - although you certainly wouldn't be able to tell that from the HH comments...
snow report
Great pic of Tommy Moe, can't be doing with the rest.
snow conditions
fatbob, wow! Up himself or what? Shocked
ski holidays
alex_heney wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Quote:

A killer is the 'quiver' notion. In other words, you have a dozen pairs of skis lying around and use those as and when conditions dictate. Every season you sell half and buy new ones !

and your problem is?........

1. Most people can't afford to replace half a dozen pairs of skis per year.

2. Unless you live in resort, or are doing a season, you will not be able to get a dozen pairs of skis to the resort.

3. The large majority of us are not good enough skiers to really benefit from more than 2 pairs - one for on piste and one for off-piste. And I would question if it is actually a majority who would even do enough off-piste to benefit from that.

1. Most people can afford tp buy half a dozen ski, though may not REPLACE them every year.

2. You can drive to the resort, and bring as many pair as you can fit on top of your car.

3. The short answer is yes, for skiing off-piste. Whether that REQUIRES a different ski is a different question.

Keep in mind epic is a US based board. Most Americans DO drive to the mountain, and typically start skiing off-piste when they reach about level 4-5.

That said, the average American skiers don't have half a dozen pairs of skis. "Bears" (epic user), however, are not typical "average" US skiers. Just like snowheads are not typical "average" UK skiers either.

Most Americans, on the other hand, will be totally shocked to know many snowheads ski many WEEKS per season! We count our skiing by number of DAYS, not weeks!
snow report
abc,
Quote:

Most Americans, on the other hand, will be totally shocked to know many snowheads ski many WEEKS per season! We count our skiing by number of DAYS, not weeks!

You may be closer to the mountains but 4-6 weeks annual vacation in the EU compared to 1-2 weeks in the USA makes skiing location a tough call wink
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
abc,
Quote:

You may be closer to the mountains but 4-6 weeks annual vacation in the EU compared to 1-2 weeks in the USA makes skiing location a tough call wink

Exactly!

With such little vacation time, it's only natural many snow addicts turn to chatting over the internet to pass their time at work till their next ski holiday. Hence the long, drawn out discussion (or shouting matches?) on Epic.

(and with no time to spend their money on holidays, there's more left over for adding more skis to their "quiver", too!) Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does SnowHeads make you delusional about your own skiing ability....?

No but it does make me delusional about spending 2 months a season in my luxury ski in/out pad Crying or Very sad
snow report
SZK stole my line so I'll be serious.

Interesting proposition. And my answer is no, I don't think SH has made me delusional about my ability. I was probably delusional about my ability until I did CSIA 1, when I got a big shock and had to completely re-model my skiing in a very short time. I did the course over 4 years ago and felt after that I could dissect technique but if you don't use it, you lose etc. I still stick my 2p in Bend ze Knees occassionally but less so now. Threads can occassionally dissappear up their own backside or descend into hair splitting of the 'I've got to be right' or vanity posting variety too. Witness the skiing ability definition debates.

If anything I think in strict technical terms my skiing technique is getting worse, on-piste anyway, well sloppy might be a better term, sort of in line with my physique and a dodgy hip.

The point about relativeness is very valid and there's a natural tendency amongst a lot of people to try to be helpful, which may be leads to some over enthusiastic postings. I've seen one or two people who've offered advice on technique and equipment on this site and had a little chortle to myself when I've seen them in action. I've also seen some phenomenal improvements e.g. Fenland and FTS. And the 'seen' point is quite important.

There's quite a lot of people who post on here I'd like to see ski, just to see if they're as good as they make out. I'm straying off into ability definition here, oops, but it's very hard to get an objective view of relative ability otherwise. Some people are technically good but have low confidence and vice versa, on-piste v off-piste etc. There's also what you want to ski and how you ski it. On that front I'd say I was a natural match up with Kramer, who was so surprised he forgot to put any words in his post (my other name, apart from Nickski is Hero Yamamoto). Diversion, sink that drink.

Martin Bell must easily be the best skier who posts on here. After that the rest of us will never really know, unless we see each other ski.

Rob@Roys post was interesting. I think I've got a much better understanding of why certain things have pushed his buttons in the past now.[/b]
ski holidays
Quick joke along the 'chocolate starfish' theme...

Why is a womans *see above* like a 9 volt battery?

No matter how wrong you know it is... someday you are going to put your tongue on it Twisted Evil
snow conditions
I don't know about delusional about my own ability, but I can't imagine I would have contemplated ski ownership (or even boot ownership) if I hadn't have posted on here, so I think it makes me delusional about the size of my bank balance and what I think I need to ski well and the fact that I need to book expensive ski trips with strangers in order to satisfy a need to ski I hadn't even realised was there. So there is obviously some influence somewhere. Esp. when I know its made be ignore what I know was common sense and order my own skis. Whether I should count the influence as positive or not, I don't know Puzzled
ski holidays
Megamum, The addiction will only get worse. I was a fanatical ice climber but I now find that I haven't had a climbing hol for 3 years, whilst the ski trips have been increasing like a snowball rolling down a very steep slope... a bit like my technique actually rolling eyes
latest report
Delusional?

Nah.

Just shout it out loud; "Oi'm shoite, and oi'm proud!"
snow report
666 wrote:
Rob@Roys post was interesting. I think I've got a much better understanding of why certain things have pushed his buttons in the past now.[/b]

Blimey, what did I say? Embarassed Just for the record, I've never been at Roys Wink
latest report
666, OK, pny up, let's see your skiing wink
latest report
David Murdoch, if I could get my git mate to send me a disk from his boot cam, the 4 hours of it which he's allegedly got, your wish would be my command. I shall give him more e-earache for him to ignore.
ski holidays
Nickski, = 666, btw
snow conditions
Nickski, sorry 666, why in the world do you post with two different names on the same thread and then feel the need to inform everyone? I am kinda new to this chat room internet thing but that doesnt seem to make any sense at all. care to enlighten me?
ski holidays
skimottaret,with dual identities comes problems with cookies and remembering which ID you are logged in on. Nothing sinister.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy