Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I Can't decide! Help!

Poster: A snowHead
Really cant pick between the 2! Thoughts people!

http://www.ridesnowboards.com/bindings/binding.asp?ProductID=32

http://www.ridesnowboards.com/bindings/binding.asp?ProductID=36
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dave_wick, check these:

http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=221_351_561&products_id=709

you may be a social pariah if you get these, but you'll be laughing all the way to the bank, and as you clip in and shoot off fromt he chairlift as everyone elase if fiddling with straps!! I ahve the Flow Elevens and they are so, so good. These Amp 5s are brilliant for the dosh. Great build quality and at that price, a complete bargain!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dave_wick, this may sound feeble but I really, really don't like white bindings. (Nor boots for that matter)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Black, black as the night - that's where you should go!! White is for girly, effeminate American blokes who dress in clonner five sizes too big for them!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lol

I cant have Flows they are a total disaster! Mate had a set had wires snapping and poo-poo like that plus he was always last to get going of the lift!!

Boards White hence the white Bindings lol

Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman wrote:
Black, black as the night - that's where you should go!! White is for girly, effeminate American blokes who dress in clobber five sizes too big for them!! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dave_wick, sorry to hear we've lost you from the Flow camp forever!! Sad - maybe we'll get you back one day? Very Happy

White it must be then. Have you looked at Cinch bindings? never used thm myself but they look kinda nice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got white bindings NehNeh

But then I am a girlie Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dobz, Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wish i never asked now Mad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dave_wick, Flow all the way Very Happy you can start riding and then click in as you get away, gets a bit boring waiting around for everyone else though wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hey i have white bindings and iam none of the above !

i am the meat !

i just got it cos it contrasted with my black board with silver writing and black boots !

oh i forgot to answer the question

i would go for the cad

if i purly rode park i would go for the alpha, plus they look better
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, I knew you were one of the people on here who spoke complete sense!! That's exactly the reason I bought mine, so I could be in and going down hill while evryone else was still fiddling with inserting straps through buckles.

Flows get some stick but they are soooooo good to use.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman, yeah but we fly past you when your strap goes ping halfway down some icy moguls.

This won't actually happen as you won't get me near any icy moguls (also I have nothing against flows and have toyed with getting some)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Specialman, I have this method of riding off the chair, stopping to stick my foot in quickly, then carry on riding whilst I pull the back up, super speedy. Swirly, no pings yet but the rear of the binding did come loose once whlist I was sliding head first on my back down a black trying to dig my heels to slow down Very Happy Hire shop ones have pinged open and I have spent my time having to check if they have popped. Nice new ones that you own your self are great Very Happy
snow report
rayscoops, the hire shop bindings are a bit unpredictable. Mine seem so solid that I can hardly get my foot put sometimes!!! Hoping they last...

Regarding mounting/dismounting chairlifts, when I'm actually getting on the lift, I push myself up to the line, have the rear binding fully open, put my foot in, and as the chair lifts me up and off, I just close up the binding. Then, as it approaches the top I just push myself off and I'm away - no fuss.

I'm sure someone will point out that it's a hazardous way to do it, but oh well - they can tell me when they get to the bottom where I'll have been for an age because of my super-quick bindings!! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Specialman, good idea, but I always seem to have a zillion skiers around me that i end up playing footsie with, so now i just let my foot and board dangle down from the chair, still quicker when I get off the other end though than messing around with straps and stuff Very Happy
latest report
I like the CAD.

White ones are pimptastic anyway, you go for it. Mr Firebug has the white P1s, they're ace
snow conditions
I do woish you could see the bindings on the boards on that website Sad

Probably gonna go with the CADs though i reckon.
ski holidays
Specialman, I'll always be wary about hire shop bindings after a mate of mine had the heel strap of one snap on him.

rayscoops, not disputing the straps are quicker but how long does it actually take someone to do up a normal binding?
snow conditions
rayscoops, The good thing about going around as a group of boarders is non of the skiers go near you Smile
ski holidays
Takes me about 10 seconds each Binding tops.
snow report
dave_wick, takes me nine!! That second makes all the difference... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Yea but its worth the second for the Looks/Response etc infact if you ask me it be worth 3 mins!
ski holidays
dave_wick, Poser Very Happy
latest report
okay what is this fiddling with straps thing ???

and popping off ???? why are flows sooooo spec ?????
snow report
cookie monster, just like the way with Flows you slide your foot in, and pull the highback up in one go and you're off. Don't like all this putting your fotting with strappies, and then having to tighten up the buckles etc. Just my opinion, but Flows have really done it for me. My missus still loves here Head PXs though - each to his/her own I suppose.

Flows do look cooler though!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Specialman, always put mine on standing up too Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops wrote:
Specialman, always put mine on standing up too Very Happy

None of that sitting on the ground and getting a wet bum or jumper.
snow report
dave_wick, I love my RIDE bindings ... they are PINK snowHead

Buy them !!
snow report
FLows are for 'special needs' people Toofy Grin
snow conditions
debbi, yip, that is me Very Happy
ski holidays
debbi wrote:
dave_wick, I love my RIDE bindings ... they are PINK snowHead
Buy them !!

Yes, dave_wick, buy some pink binding so while I look like a care in the community (apparently) you'll be mincing down the slopes!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Kill Bill yellow boots rule ok Very Happy
ski holidays
Why is everyone so obsessed with speed? You're on the mountain, not the M25 - get a grip.
snow conditions
rayscoops, indeed, mucho respecto Very Happy
snow report
Specialman, I wouldnt sell him my pink bindings even if he begged me Laughing

And anyway be happy with being 'care in the community' - with my new helmet I shall be licking all the restaurant windows on the way down Embarassed
snow report
debbi, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Lizzard wrote:
Why is everyone so obsessed with speed? You're on the mountain, not the M25 - get a grip.

very good point Very Happy
ski holidays
i have noticed alot of peeps doo mess about with bindings, not mee i just put me foot in two clicks and iam gone !

was comented on the last trip all the skiers said "why does danny take so much longer to put his board on then you"

some peeps do mess about alot !
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy