Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt, Easter Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone with personal experience on how busy things get in Zermatt Easter week? Also, its the week prior to Easter Sunday busier than the week following? Or is it the other way around? Dinner reservations a must? Any insight as to timing, travel tips, etc. will be appreciated. This is a diy trip. I've been to Zermatt many times, but it's always been either January or very late season.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there the week after Easter in 2006 and it was really quiet. However Easter was quite late then, opposed to 2008 which has a really early Easter, which could make a difference.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have skied at Zermatt in Easter week for eight out of the past ten years. Things have improved considerably with the upgrades of the lift system. If everything is open and running, the queues and runs are not too bad. If lifts shut down with weather or breakdowns, you can suddenly have a 45-minute wait.
The buses get busy. If you're getting on a Klein Matterhorn lift station-bound bus in the morning, halfway along the route, you may have to wait for one or two full buses to go by before you can get on one. However, there are always taxis available at the end of the day. For the morning, you're better off booking your taxi.
The Klein Matterhorn cablecar will often have a 30-45 minute wait if the weather is nice. The quiet place to ski was always Stockhorn, but unfortunately that is no longer an option...
The more popular restaurants will require reservations but by no means all of them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I did it from Cervniia side a couple of easters ago.. decen snow..even fresh traxs on easter sunday..possible to ski right back to the village. Didn't think the queues were particularly bad even for a peak period. didn't queue much for tables in restaturants either but we tended to be sitting down around 12:30 having hit it hard from 1st lifhts. Would definately go back 4 easter..but probably would stay in cervinia again..
latest report
 brian
brian
Martin Bell,

Stockhorn is getting a new tow this year so will still be (lift) accessible:

http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/medienmitteilung/2007/07/20.html
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brian, thanks, good news.
That new lift will be (like Triftji) a steep T-bar, quite difficult to ride, so some people probably won't want to ride it (especially snowboarders). Looks like Stockhorn will still be the place to go to avoid the crowds.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy