Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Could be a snowy Scotland this winter...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
according to a "winter preview forecast" from web weather forecasters www.net-weather.co.uk.

Thanks to Alan at Scottish ski forum www.winterhighland.com for spotting that forecast. On his site there's plenty of speculative snow talk on the 'snow ramping' thread.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 7-10-04 17:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
oh thank god! looks like i might get a few weekends in then!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The 45-day forecast from TWO-The Weather Outlook also predicts snowy periods in October and November for the Highlands.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Hmmph, heard it all before. Last year Alan was telling us how similar the setup was to the last great season of 2001.

Still, we live in hope.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowed already up there this year. good enuff for me.

Anyone see the great aerial shots of Aonach Mor on the Titchmarsh does British Natural History programme last night?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
No. Unfortunately missed that. Why did the programme go there? Was it shot in winter?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Goldsmith, I thought the net-weather forecast read very much like a Horoscope: enticingly believable until you look at it carefully:
"there could be a few significantly large falls of snow across the North during this Winter".
I bet that could have been said for any winter past.
"December may well be a month to watch for".
Well, whatever happens in December will be used to back that up: drought, winds, rain, whatever.
"We feel another main talking point of this winter may be (high) rainfall during a few intense but relatively short spells."
A bit like every other winter then.
I'm surprised they didn't add it could well get colder come January.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
True! It's been a quiet news day, and we don't do animal stories....actually we do do animal stories - PG's one about the St Bernards!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's been bloody wet and not very warm so far this year so maybe it will get snowy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Could be but probably won't be, more is the pity Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SussexSnow, yeah caught some of that, didn't realise it was scotland until part way through...................lots of snow, quick cover it with lifts!!! Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On October 13 the Telegraph reported that according to Metcheck "Britain (was) heading for one of the coldest winters in recent memory". It went on to say: "the first serious chill will begin on Monday". That was last Monday, Oct 18. Anyone out there notice a serious chill?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim, Nope but then I'm at the other end of the country Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jonpim, Metcheck actually said "coldest winter this century" - e.g. in the last, 4 years, all of which have been above average. Therefore an average (or even slightly warmer than average) winter would still fit that description.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy