Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ad for Scotland as winter sports wonderland stirs up protest

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i fancy a walk. do you think a binliner will keep the snow off?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Winterhighland wrote:
It's currently -4c and snowing on CairnGorm, with north winds its icing up the windows in the Ptarmigan somewhat but you can make out a dusting on the Ptarmigan Cam. Third day of September snow falls.

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/cams/image2.jpg

Nah, it can't be - the webcam must be in a timewarp and showing us pictures from 10 years ago.

I'm sure it's tropical up there and anyone who wanders onto the hill in anything more than shorts and a tee shirt is ignoring global warming - after all I read it in the papers so it must be true rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://ski.visitscotland.com/video Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^ nice one, good to see another film for Scottish snowsports - hopefully a sign that they haven't been cowed by idiot reporting in the press! snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm pleased to say that Natives have amended their coverage today and have included links to Winterhighland so people can get a grasp of the real story.

Thanks Natives snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Its been snowing again aswell:
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2549
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2550
http://www.winterhighland.info/forum/file.php?2,file=2551

Nice bit of early season snow, won't last but it should start cooling down the ground for when we get some more permanent snow in November/December.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tonight I managed to catch up on yesterday's Guardian which included an excellent guide to adventure sports in the UK.

In contrast to the dire ramblings of Scotland on Sunday, and the nonsense The Independent copied from said newspaper this little guide seems to do an excellent job of promoting Scottish winter sports (I've only scan read most of it so I may have missed some glaring errors that experts may spot but it looks good to me).

Here are some links and selected quotes, take a look online:

Cross-country skiing
And at the bottom of the same page:
Downhill skiing: the Scottish options
"Scotland might not possess huge resorts like France or America, but there are still plenty of places to relax afterwards in Alpine-esque surroundings and enjoy a well-deserved spot of apres-ski. With quality skiing so close to home, weekend ski breaks become possible, perfect for unsure beginners who can have a go with minimum wallet damage. Take the sleeper train from London Euston to Fort William and, in around 12 hours, you'll be whisked from city skyscrapers to snowy peaks. It doesn't get much easier than that."

Ski touring

Ice climbing
"The Scottish Highlands are one of the spiritual homes of world ice climbing, with fantastic routes varying from frozen icefalls to deep, dark gullies on Ben Nevis, Creag Megaidh and Glencoe, in the Cairngorms and Grampian mountains, and in the remote Torridon region. The best way to learn the basics is to take a course - Alpha Mountaineering offers these at various locations in the Scottish Highlands."

Snow-holing

Snow spectacular
"Ed Douglas is dazzled by the delights of mountain walking in the wonderfully white Scottish Highlands"

Am I the only person who finds this rather refreshing and rather ironic given it takes an English based newspaper to do a better job of promoting Scotland than some of the Scottish press!

Well done to The Guardian Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
roga, Thanks for the links - a far better researched piece of journalism.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonpim wrote:
Quote:
More unbelievable were the pics of wave boarding - where does that take place?

Not sure if the shots were from here, but there is some World class surf at Thurso (prob many other spots too)

http://www.surfeuropemag.com/surf-report/thurso-scotland

Quote:
Thurso is on the northern tip of Scotland and has one of the fastest barrelling waves in the world (recently voted in the top 10 waves in Europe).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nice piece from the Gaurdian - should have checked their spelling of Clashindarroch though Smile. Mind you I can never get it right either, but if you don't you won't find it if you try and search the forestry commision website for info.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy