Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

full face helmets

Poster: A snowHead
would anyone wear one or know anyone who does, its just that i fancy getting one
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup I have one for my cliff days.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boozy, Yep as per veeeight, i have had a good portion on my jaw removed, so i can't afford any Knee to Face action.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yup. I use a Hammer H2 when the stairs get really tricky

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boozy, just be careful when you wear it. Unless you have a special reason for doing so you should not wear one for general skiing, as it greatly increases the likelihood of neck/whiplash injuries - wearing one is not risk free. I once turned up to a race training session with a similarly solid chin guard and the instructor (coach? Wink ) was very reluctant to let me continue until I got rid of that chin guard (but of course the helment itself was pretty much mandatory). Obviously if you're doing something where the consequences of a fall to jaw etc are high then the added risk is worth it.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
GrahamN, Raph, who works here at the shop wears a coller( the kind you see on people with cricked necks) when he wears his full face helmet, swears by it.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SMALLZOOKEEPER, would seem a sensible precaution - at the expese of further reduced mobility and peripheral perception. As I said, it all depends on your reason for wearing something like this.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
GrahamN, Raph uses it to fall off mountains. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well im an advanced snowboarder who has been riding for 12 years now and i ride aggresivley and big boards 166-169 sizes im only 5ft7 and i love tree riding Twisted Evil
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
GrahamN, we don't let our kids wear a chin guard when we're all mountain skiing. Chin guards only for gate training.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Excuse me guys, but boozy is asking about Full Face Helmets.
All those featured so far still expose a vast amount the tender facial tissues to the nasty vicious elements.
Surely you need one of these
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boozy, Something to consider. Ok, i like to ski quick, i think it's quick anyway. Sometimes i push it and i teeter between control and injury. The days i'm refering to are on piste. Whenever these days occur and i'm wearing my full face, i get pulled by the patrol. It would seem the image of a full face helmet, has it's down sides.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
is there a full face ski speciffic helmet out there? i would wear one. or is it just a mtb lid i should be looking at. plus is there one with fitted audio.......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
graeme, The hammer is a ski speciffic helmet. Not sure about the audio side of it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
seen this in leisure lakes ,mtb and snow http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Snow.aspx?id=29d0d480-d568-43c3-b0db-a1245bf8bf36&product=c355b2fc-7741-4467-9044-3a7ee2fb3a65 and http://www.dainese.com/eng/coll_ski.asp
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, for what reason do the ski patrol stop you
snow report
boozy, I think when i ski like this it could be deamed reckless, i guess i don't stand out too much without a helmet, but with one, it states my intent. Puzzled
ski holidays
hmmm now where can i get a dainese kombat t2 helmet??
ski holidays
will i be ok in canada wearing one
ski holidays
boozy wrote:
will i be ok in canada wearing one

no you will be shot on sight........... seriously though, if you wanna wear full face then wear full face. i am very tempted, just looking at options here now
snow conditions
graeme, cheers for that descion made
ski holidays
going for 661 PRO BRAVO or http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/ProductDetails/mcs/ProductID/6701/GroupID/3/CategoryID/21/v/9726789e-3364-4502-8b36-5675b8c533bb
snow report
graeme, http://www.blue-tomato.at/ProductDetailAction.bto?selectedNode=6nAxdcUhRZ2SEBWgen8Aie-1
snow conditions
boozy, why not upgrade to the bravo carbon, i had one in my downhill mtb days, very light.
cheers for the link on the dainese.
snow report
http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/7247/groupID/3/categoryID/21/v/fc69e8cd-1b8b-4461-9f8b-483e7288ffdc
snow report
graeme, cheers , looks like we could start a new craze
ski holidays
been looking around and you can get better deals on older azonic lids.
although have to say i very nearly clicked the purhcase button on the azonic lid you linked to......lol
snow report
found what i need http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/10946/groupID/3/categoryID/21/v/9726789e-3364-4502-8b36-5675b8c533bb
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
This will be my third winter with my full face helmet and I love it. I only where it when I expect to be pushing myself beyond my normal comfort zone. I wear a normal helmet on normal days.

It amuses my friends when I forget that I wear it and try to eat. D'oh.

If the helmet doesn't have good goggle strap then stretch your goggle round a board (or similar). Run a small amount of silicon on to the surface that sits on the helmet. Leave it stretched until the silicon goes off. Voila, grippy goggles.
snow conditions
well i just purchased the azonic, some bad influences here.....lol
latest report
Jonpim, LMFAO!!! The Dwarf will kill you when he sees you've been posting piccies of him on here Wink
snow report
I don't own a full-face helm but have used one for a week of "speeding" Was a Salomon, was comfy, not too hot. I wear a Red Skycap now.
ski holidays
I don't see the need personally... Just wear a mouthguard? Unless you're going to be doing urban skiing :/
snow report
just bought this today mint http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/7247/groupID/3/categoryID/21/v/661b83df-91c6-43c8-b227-a56904235d1c
snow conditions
my azonic azx arrived today, great fit, very very light (even though not carbon), nice styling. and has handy ear pockets to velcro some headphone/speakers into
ski holidays
graeme wrote:
my azonic azx arrived today, great fit, very very light (even though not carbon), nice styling. and has handy ear pockets to velcro some headphone/speakers into

Will this be for when you are ski boarding?
ski holidays
no it will be for when i am baking cakes
snow report
graeme, PMSL Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
graeme, 661 was one of the lightest helmets ive ever tried and it weighs around the same as my old protec helmet .very comfy and looks mint with my spy goggles,, any way happy riding or skiing to all this season
ski holidays
boozy, yeah i used to have one when riding dh mtb. maybe one day i will keep my kit instead of selling it....lol
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy