Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Merino wool base layers. Any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
uktrailmonster wrote:
FenlandSkier wrote:
uktrailmonster wrote:
Most importantly it doesn't stink when you sweat like all synthetics seem to do.

Except of course if you trap it all in by putting a non-wicking/breathing layer on top.

Why would you do that?
I typically wear a Merino base layer, Merino mid layer and goretex outer. I sweat quite a bit naturally and this combination works really well. Can be worn for several days if necessary.

i think it explains why the socks get smelly...

on the made in china thing, I believe that Icebreaker actually own (or at least manage) the factories themselves, so human rights etc should be pretty good as they can't just fob it off as being their factory's problem. Apparently thy went to China because when they got popular they couldn't find enough people who wanted to sew for them here, rather than just to save money.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy