Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heli Snowboarding??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone ever done it? am brand new to snowheads, so thought i would ask your guys advice.
Any opinions? How much harder than normal is it
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AndySites, No harder, you may need to equip yourself with telescopic poles for any run outs but otherwise go for it.
These are the best in Europe IMO.
http://www.mcnabsnowboarding.com
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AndySites, get involved. I've just got back from a heliskiing trip from NZ and it was beyond fantastic. There were a few boarders around on a couple of the days we did and they really enjoyed it, despite being relatively new to boarding. I think it's a bit easier for intermediate boarders to ski powder than intermediate skiers, although as SMALLZOOKEEPER says there are a few run outs and traverses which would be a PITA on a board.
Have a look at http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29533 if you want to see the sort of terrain you can get to ride
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AndySites, I've done a day heliboarding with RK in Panorama and it was brill. Make sure you go when conditions are good - just because you are being taken away in a helicopter it doesn't mean the snow will be perfect. If doing it again I would choose a snowy day this would also mean more tree runs. The glaciers were a bit dull IMHO not very steep and the guide had to keep on stopping to check for crevasses. (but the scenery and "alone in the mountains" experience more than compensated... Very Happy)

It's weird how heliboarding has a hardcore experts only image. Well maybe for ghey skiers... Wink but the runs on our trip were no steeper than red gradient and easy for any snowboarder with a smidge of experience in powder.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few pics from our trip to tempt you: (24/1/07)

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
love the third pic
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wow love the pics!

I have a friend who organises heliski trips, there's a lot of info on his site you might find handy? One day I'll make it Smile

http://www.eaheliskiing.com/

I've also heard only good things about McNab.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy