Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Metro Ski & Snowboard Show - Is it worth going? Never been!

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

STAND G34, Free Vin Chaud, and Prize Draw.

Keep the grape juice bubbling, mate. See yuh there tomorrow sometime between 3 and 4pm.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin wrote:
DallyPaul,
Quote:

STAND G34, Free Vin Chaud

about 4pm on Wedndsday Ok Toofy Grin

May be a bit earlier than that now Very Happy Need more time to suss out where Bode Swiller is and claim my £5.00 Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Well, I was there today and you clearly failed NehNeh . I'll be back friday afternoon and it's double or quits.

Thought the show was much better than any in the past decade. Big crowd for the opening wednesday and that gave it a good atmosphere - the stands seemed busy. Obviously I had to slum it with the freebie champagne which made it a bit of a shock to later buy 3 bottles of Carlsberg for £10.95. Strewth. Verdict: better to go than not go.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just back from Tignes and am off to London in the morning - phew!

Spending a few days there and have some freebie tickets for the show so am going Friday, good to hear it's better than any in the last decade Bode Swiller, although extending the principle of never trusting ski journalists reviews of resorts after freebie trips I can't really rely on reports from anyone who has accepted freebie champagne at the show wink Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They interviewed Warren Smith at the ski show on the local news this evening. He came over very well I thought snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi to all who came to our Morzine Independent Holidays stand to see us. Sorry I missed most people as I was leaflet distribution monitor and did not spend much time actually on the stand. Hope the Vin Chaud was acceptable. Have a great season one and all.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So, did any sHs who are not journos or tied to the trade go? what did you think?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I thought it was probably the best I've been to & I've been to most of them since 1992
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ssnowman, thanks. May make the effort next year, then.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We were the first through the doors when the show opened yesterday on the final day.

This year had all the usual suspects but seemed extra buzzy and quite exciting, the ski demos with James Machin and Woods (and others) were brilliant. The host was quite entertaining, throwing freebies into the crowds and making up amusing and (hopefully) made up facts about the skiers and boarders.

We had a thoroughly great family day out, big credit def goes to Mark Warner for putting on the free creche which our boys loved and enabling us both to enjoy the avalanche talk from Henry, we kept missing the talks last year so this was good

We got the boys name down for a dry slope lesson after lunch which they later enjoyed togther with the easy jet ice skating which was excellent too !!! There was lots of other things, too many to mention that kept us all amused.

I missed the cheese filled Austrian sausage which I'd skipped breakfast to accomodate but I did'nt see them there this year, shame but in its place a very authentic Tartiflette with a big salad did the job perfectly. Very Happy

I will go again next year.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went on Friday for the first time, with Mr M and kids. Also first through the door as we'd got free tickets from Daily Mail Ski Mag. Highlights were:

Fashion show - amazing dancers and grabbed a free Schoffel hat
DJing workshop in the Gigloo - boys loved it
Vin Chaud - Yummy but expensive
Trespass stand - managed to negotiate 50% discount on this seasons gear
Photo stand - Free pics of family in 80's attire
Ice Sculpting - simply stunning
Massages - to die for!!
Rail Jam - awesome
Podiartrist consultations - free and excellent advice

All in all - we also had a great family day out. Didn't want to leave! Great to have a taste of winter at the start of the season. Roll on 2nd December (Boot Camp)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Hi to all who came to our Morzine Independent Holidays stand to see us

Hi, I came to see you - nice stand. We are Morzine regulars so we'll certainly keep you in mind for our next trip.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We went on Sunday and I was suprised how entertaining it was. Not too busy so the kids got to do everything except the skiing lesson, but that wouldnt have been great anyway as they are better than a 20ft snowflex slope rolling eyes . Also they got in free so 25 for a family day out is pretty good.

I was amazed by the number of people buying boots though at S&R and EB, the staff were rushed off their feed with about 20 bootfitters active at each stand, dont think you could have had that personal a service!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bump
This years show is October 22 to 26th at Olympia. (Neatly timed for the show to be the week before Half term Sad )
I see some discount tickets are around but does anyone have any of those nice free tickets for this years show?

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 31-08-08 17:51; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is your 1/2 term different to ours? We've got last week in Oct off, which would be the week of the show.
latest report
Elizabeth B, Yep, ours is w/c 27th Oct Sad
snow report
boredsurfin, sorry Embarassed Just checked dates and ours is w/c 27th Oct - however your bit in brackets implies yours is the week before the Olympia show.
latest report
Elizabeth B, Yep it didn't make sense did it, so I have edited it Embarassed
ski holidays
If you can get to the Birmingham ski show on the friday 31st oct then its only £5 each or only £3 if you buy your tickets off the natives website
snow report
Surely it's not that time of year again already....where did the last year go? Shocked Does the magazine have free tickets? Sounds like a fun day out.
latest report
Elizabeth B, Birmingham is the weekend we come back from Tignes Toofy Grin we may need to pop up to see Spyderjon and buy stuff we dont really need? rolling eyes
I will start sorting my list of non essential stuff out now Laughing

I think the Ski Show is good to meet up with friends for a beer or two or three Shocked rolling eyes there are some bargains to be found but you need a firm hand on your purse or you could end up buying things you dont need.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 31-08-08 18:20; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Are we going to have a snowheads gathering at the show in London this year? I was thinking of the Saturday if any one is interested.
snow report
Quote:

also did a fantastic bargain holiday booking with Snowcoach for a group of 12, with free insurance for all, free upgrades on the coach,

Upgrade??! What does Snowcoach business class entail??......Toofy Grin

Must admit the shiny, comfortable Snowcoach does have some appeal when it's parked in the midst of a ski show.....Then I break into a sweat & suffer nightmare flashbacks to a coach hol to Austria (NB not with Snowcoach) when we set sail for Calais a mere 14 hrs after leaving north east England - seemingly via every bus station in the country - and reached Mayrhofen in a could've-got-to-Australia-esque 26 hrs........

The Hintertux glacier skiing (it was October) was excellent though - and more than made up for the journey Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy