Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Cenis... any good for 3rd weekers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at going to Val Cenis late Jan 08..... any good for a family of 3rd weekers?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avago, I was around and about the area in March and spent a few days skiing Val Cenis and would say as 3rd weekers you will find plenty to your liking on piste - just don't expect much in the way of Apres as it is very quiet and subdued.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Avago,
Varied area with skiing above and below the tree line, quite a lot of pleasant intermediate stuff, if the snows good it should be pretty ideal unless you are after a huge area. Reasonably priced for a family and not unnatractive as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info..... We are going with our little boy (2) and the in-laws, so apres isn't high on the must haves list.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avago, In a word....Yes! We went there when we were just starting out and loved it. There are a few smaller ski areas up and down the valley that can be easily accessed by bus for variation....if the snow in Val C is less than perfect head up the valley to Bonneval, lovely small area with some nice wide open blues.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that homphomp. We are going self-drive so other local areas will be accessable if required. Glad to receive your feedback....... we are new to this and all advise is greatly received.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avago, As the above posts, yes you should enjoy the resort. I may be a little biased after the amount of weeks that I have spent there over the last 5 years (100 days approx). The resort is based between the two villages, with a wide variety of terrain available, from some very long greens to a couple of nice black mogul fields. Snow should be good in Jan, the only downside is that the lower slopes may not see much sun at that time of year, and can be a bit cool (But keeps the snow perfect).
Plenty of other resorts in the valley if you want a day trip, Bonneval,Val Frejus, La Norma, Termignon, Val Thorens all within easy reach.

PM me of you want any more specific details, have a few contacts in resort, so should be able to find out any info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think the best of the other Haute Maurienne resorts srobbo mentioned is Val Frejus - well worth a try. (Val Thorens access lift is to the so called 4th Valley of the 3 Valleys)
We did self drive and it can be done in a day OK. (The Haute Maurienne is an amazingly cheap area too).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy