Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A snowtoy that actually looks like it could be real fun

Poster: A snowHead
Could give you a great 'core' workout . . . sort of like a sliding 'Swiss ball'

http://youtube.com/v/-C3yuroZd9M

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 21-09-07 8:02; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I couldn't help but think that all those runs would be more fun on skis Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it looks great fun. Has to be a real pain in the ar@e though! Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
A really good test for snow cuffs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I notice they didn't show any of the landings of those jumps. They probably needed the damn things surgically removed. A bit of padding on the seat might help them shift a few.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
the ice perv wrote:
A bit of padding on the seat might help them shift a few.

I almost bet it was deliberate: padding has an unfortunate tendency to pack away from solid anatomy bits and into squishy anatomy bits, as people who ride gel-padded bike saddles without proper bike shorts eventually find out.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
<killjoy>

No ski brakes/leash I can see... Dangerous it runs away/slides. Ban 'em.

</killjoy>
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No signs of landings, T bar cut after 1 sec.......
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also, the people on these don't so much look exhilarated as terrified ...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sorry looks awful and terrifying Skullie Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
... wicked for going around gates ... and would add an interesting dimension to off-piste .... I would definitely give it a go snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I want one. How much are they and where from. Hve searched on google bot no luck yet.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It looks a bit hard to control - I'll stick to skis.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
zammo wrote:
Also, the people on these don't so much look exhilarated as terrified ...

They're Swiss, they always look as though they've just been kicked in the balls wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
woody911, found it!

http://sunrise.ishop.ch/geomap/default.asp?custID=50&grpID=29 click on 'Balancer' in the side menu

about 150 £uid . . . hmmmm small light and relatively cheap . . . but it does give me an idea to adapt the principle to a standard alpine or snowblade binding . . . or even a snowboard Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Doesn't this just look like those things that fat Austrians ride on after lunch?
latest report
stoatsbrother, You'd need to ask DB
snow report
Looks like a good way to f**k your knees good and proper when your heels dig in and flip you.
snow conditions
That looks good fun, something that you'd do instead of tobogganing - which is something I usually avoid as I think I'll get injured and miss out on my skiing Confused
snow report
IncogSkiSno, Looking at that gadget I should think a toboggan is probably safer!! I'm also amazed that none of them had a helmet on - they were certainly going at some fair speed.
ski holidays
It's a fancy Bolkl, pronnounced like Volkl. You get them in the Sud Tirol in the Dolomites and the best ones have real cow horns to hang onto and a furry seat. I saw a couple of guys going off piste on them and also into the halfpipe. They're made with a short bit of old ski and a couple of bits of wood. Raw genius, until you fall off and land on the horn, whereupon you become Kenneth Williams.
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno, I agree with you about tobogganing, it is THE most dangerous activity IMV. When, years ago, I worked in Verbier, there was a path between the side of the chalet where I lived, and a wood, and this path was a favourite toboggan slope for drunken English yoof. Unfortunately, they used regularly to veer off into the wood itself and then come and bleed copiously all over our chalet. rolling eyes It put me right off tobogganing.
latest report
Masque , thanks
snow report
fallliner, you speak the truth - the original version of this is just a sawn-off ski with a wooden T screwed to it. Late March in Adelboden they hold the skibock world championships, down a course you wouldn't want to ski, board or abseil down - a ridiculous steep twisty thing spiced up by the prospect of herds of nutters careering into the back of you at any given moment. Some riders are incredibly skilful, landing jumps, going super-fast but hurting themselves too. I tried a basic model and also a deluxe version - a fat-ski with a wicker armchair bolted to it which went nicely until I tried to take it off piste, where it went nicely too, for about a third of a second.
snow report
Imagine getting of a 4 man chair in one of these! carnage!
snow report
buzz55, just think of the video opportunities.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy