Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Anton Chalets 16-18

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with ANOTHER St Anton query!

I have managed to get myself landed with organising the group ski trip AGAIN this year.... then if I didn't it probably wouldn't happen...

As others on here have mentioned I'm looking at flying to Friedrichshafen Airport and transferring from there to St Anton. I'm having a problem finding a chalet (either catered or self-catering, we're not too fussy, I'm sure we won't go hungry or thirsty either way Laughing ). Most of the Chalets I've found are priced including flights from the UK and not much off if you don't need flights. As we are flying from Dublin it's not much help to us. I was wondering if anyone knows a site such as VRBO or similar where you can book just the chalet on it's own? We are looking at 16-18 people and would rather book out a chalet if possible. We are hoping to travel 23/02/2008 for a week.

Thanks,
Nuts
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Skiworld - they have some chalets the right size at very reasonable prices. Not sure how much they'd knock off if you don't need flights.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try the tourist office:

Tourismusverband
A-6580 St. Anton am Arlberg, Tirol
Tel +43 5446 22690 Fax 2532
info@stantonamarlberg.com
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A couple of suggestions - SkiVal have a few larger chalets in St Anton and have been helpful in the past so may be able to offer reductions for independent travel - www.skival.co.uk

Also, www.skitotal.com operate in St Anton and do have options for independent travel on their enquiries page.

Both offer group discounts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
www.chaletsdirect.com ?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nuts wrote:
Hi All,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with ANOTHER St Anton query!

I have managed to get myself landed with organising the group ski trip AGAIN this year.... then if I didn't it probably wouldn't happen...

As others on here have mentioned I'm looking at flying to Friedrichshafen Airport and transferring from there to St Anton. I'm having a problem finding a chalet (either catered or self-catering, we're not too fussy, I'm sure we won't go hungry or thirsty either way Laughing ). Most of the Chalets I've found are priced including flights from the UK and not much off if you don't need flights. As we are flying from Dublin it's not much help to us. I was wondering if anyone knows a site such as VRBO or similar where you can book just the chalet on it's own? We are looking at 16-18 people and would rather book out a chalet if possible. We are hoping to travel 23/02/2008 for a week.

Thanks,
Nuts

More chance booking from the 24th Feb (this is a Saturday)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The 23rd of Feb is a Saturday (no Sunday flights) but I have noticed that a lot of the chalets on the sites mentioned are free 24th Feb - 02 Mar Sun - Sun so that poses another problem....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nuts wrote:
The 23rd of Feb is a Saturday (no Sunday flights) but I have noticed that a lot of the chalets on the sites mentioned are free 24th Feb - 02 Mar Sun - Sun so that poses another problem....

whoops sorry Embarassed
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most St Anton chalets are Sun to Sun, I have a name of a co that does chalets, I will dig out details and post.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nuts,

Am also travelling to Friedrichshafen Airport on the 23rd Feb.

Have sourced coach transfer to ST Anton with www.airportbus.at/finished_v1/index.php

Have booked direct with Hotel Manfred, which is located short walk from slopes and bars.

Look out for hotels offerring free ski passes.

Bod.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
try http://www.thesnowco.com
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BOD wrote:
Nuts,

Am also travelling to Friedrichshafen Airport on the 23rd Feb.

Have sourced coach transfer to ST Anton with www.airportbus.at/finished_v1/index.php

Bus is great. took it last year worked really well. Make sure you try the funky chicken's frozen margheritas..

As to the OP's question..is there a reason why you are fixated on chalets? St. Anton has lots of hotels, pensions, etc some of which have self-catering flats etc.. ok so then the food needs some work but it's not that hard...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.airport-transfer.com/htm/transfer_prices_2007.html

These are Munich transfer prices. We used them last year for Innsbruck to Mayrhofen and we paid around £20 a head, which was a lot cheaper than the usual hiring of a minibus.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The train is simple from Friedrichshafen book through DB the German rail company who have a UK based office and site. Also recomend the tourist office and the St A website very useful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy