Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good for 2nd weeker suggestions please.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
La Rosiere - Where all the good skiers go Laughing Laughing Love it.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another vote for Courchevel (1850) from me.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
La Rosiere - Where all the good skiers go Laughing Laughing Love it.

and the bad ones get shouted at wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Latchigo wrote:
Sauze d'Oulx or Soll are other possibilities to name but two.

Ahh, now you're talking places I've been to, in the case of Soll with some 2nd weekers (who also spent their 1st and 3rd weeks there) and Sauze with the same group (their 4th weeks). Except of course the OP said they were looking at France. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett wrote:
if you like somewhere a bit more 'pimp' then what about Lech? It's a bit more upmarket than the french resorts and has got lots of really nice WIDE crusy blues. and the hardcore bunch can do things like the white circle (should take no more than 3 hours) or drop across to Stanton on the bus..........

That's fair comment. And for the more experienced skiers there is good off-piste, too. Seriously expensive place, though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, I agree there are some places better than La Ros for 2nd weekers, but I don't think it is anything like bad enough to actually warn people off. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Going back to the OP, I fear Noggin007 may end up disappointed, wherever they end up. From memory La Plagne is not short of easy blues. Off hand, I can't think of anywhere that is significantly better. Okay Courchevel 1850 has a nice area just above it but it is usually very crowded, and that can be just as intimidating as a narrow piste. On the plus side, mid-Jan is less busy.

Virtually any of the large french areas would do for a nervous 2nd weeker (except Espace Killy) I just wouldn't expect a vast improvement on La Plagne.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
very boring but another rec for Courchevel 1650 - something for everyone and not abusively expensive. Also in 3V, worth considering St Martin de Belleville - lovely place.

If you dont mind being up at moon base alpha then Tignes would be quite good, I'd have thought. Plenty of motorways as well as more demanding runs.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I vote Belle Plagne. Apart from the bottleneck from there to Bellecote there are loads of cruisy blues and you tend to be able to go for an easy line or a slightly tougher one as the pistes are so wide. There are a couple of area where a 2nd weeker will need to pole, or walk 50 metres or so, but that's the worst.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy