Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer Lyon to Alp Du Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is my first post, so hear goes

I am currently organised a DIY trip to Alp Du Huez, over 15 to 22 of December, I have accommodation and flights sorted but I am struggling with the transfer bit.

When I organised the same trip last year we hired a car for the transfer, this was due to the group was only 5 we were there for 5 days.

This year we have 6 people (which up’s the car size) and we are going for a full week, this has made the car hire about 350 pounds for an Espace, which works out to be about 60 quid per head + add fuel in it is likely to be about 70quid.

So does anyone have any ideas on an alterative transfer method which could be cheaper, or do we just hire an Espace and accept it the increase in cost.

The flights are Birmingham to Lyon LYS

Any help would be appreciated,
latest report
 brian
brian
ibisona, welcome to snowHead s.

Cheapest would probably be 2 small cars.

Try www.sixti.com if you are small and not carrying skis or ...

http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/cgi-bin/liveweb.sh/QSearch.w?ctryref=GBR&lang=EN&aff=xOneAccount

... if you're not wink

Alternatives, a bus will be cheapest .... http://satobus-alpes.altibus.com/ (new season doesn't seem to be up yet)

or a taxi, this lot quoted me €500 return for 6 to La Grave last year ... http://www.taxi-oz.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that

2 Cars is good alternative option works out at 232 pounds, or 40 per head.

The slight problem with this plan is that there is only one parking spot with the apartment, is parking at Alp Du Huez an issue.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ibisona, car will probably be quickest. If you're not pressed for time - and not doing it at stupid o'clock - you could take the train from LYS to Grenoble (train station is in the airport), and then a bus from Grenoble to ADH (bus and train station in Grenoble are the same building). Buses run about every 90 mins or so from Grenoble to ADH, and IIRC it takes about an hour.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ibisona, No problem parking at that time of the season in ADH. Plenty of free parking available in Les Bergers, by the Palais des Sports, by the church to name but a few....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy