Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Raptors

Poster: A snowHead
Skied my new boots for the first time last night Very Happy
Very impressed, the fit is just about perfect, didn't need too much work on them, just some extra room for my toes.
The responsiveness is amazing compared to my old Lange's.
For a top end boot, I can't recommend them highly enough. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Which Raptors? Toofy Grin 150RD? 130RD? 120RS? SS-RS?

Yeah, I went from Lange Comp120's last season to Head RS120's - fantastic difference!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-09-07 8:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Spyderman, What can YOU tell us about them, compared to say a Doberman or a RL2007 or maybe a Race-Tec Ti?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It's the Bode boot, the one all my clients are clamouring for, what else is there to know? Cool
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight, Raptor 120 Rs. I had Lange Comp 120 Pininfarina special editions. We must have similar feet.

I measured at a 27.5, but I'm in a 26 so they're kind of tight at the moment, although CEM did blow the toebox out to give me some extra room.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Can't tell you anything about them compared to the boots you've mentioned. All I can say is the fit compared to the Lange's. Head is much tighter in the heel, I found the Langes's way too sloppy in the heel, after they'd bedded in. More room in the toe box in the Head's.
The power strap works really well, I can actually feel like it's doing something. It just feels in general that the shell is close to my foot all over, rather than just here and there.
Flex is really smooth and progressive. Feels like I've just got a new pair of skis, everything is happening faster and more precise.

My son has Atomic R-tech 100 Ti, but he's 6'3" and just about 9 stonne. His feet are really narrow. He went from Lange also. He seems to be well happy with them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
veeeight wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It's the Bode boot, the one all my clients are clamouring for, what else is there to know? Cool

Had to get mine in from Hungary especially. No body in the UK has ordered any in size 26, 27 and up only. Puzzled So the only one's in the UK. Cool

They let me do wicked snowploughs. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pixie feet.

Mine resemble a ribbed condom, the amount of plastic I've had to move to get my feet into them.........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
veeeight, Pixie boots, normal feet (size 9) or that's how it feels. Laughing Snug is not the word.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

They let me do wicked snowploughs.

Wouldn't surprise me given the 2degree forefoot Valgus built into the boot. Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

2degree forefoot Valgus built into the boot

That's quite a lot...... Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
veeeight, Yep, should keep those snowplogh turns nice and tight. Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You'll never ever have to worry about catching an edge doing snowploughs ever again Toofy Grin
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hummmm, very interesting
I'm presently in Lange comp's (5' 10 , 13 stone) and have pencilled in the Raptor as my new boot this season.

From the sounds of it they would fit my 'pencil feet' perfectly - I found the Lange out of the box heel fit comfortable and this got distinctly 'sloppy' with wear.
Eventually after a disastrous dalliance with zipfit's, (the liner was just too big in the toe area which ended up crushing my big toe's = nails go black and fall off Crying or Very sad ) I've had an internal riser plate and heel cup fitted and managed to get a good fit.

Veeeight, I know you teach in Whistler, I'm arriving on 12 Jan and am goanna spend the season out there, hoping to get my CSIA 1 & 2. I was planning on trying to hook up with a pair out there, the obvious advantage being I can then easily get work done on them as needed throughout the season, but if they're as popular with your clients as you say then I'm a little worried there might be rush on them early season so that they're out of stock when I arrive?

When I last visited my boot fitter in August he was pretty certain he could get the Raptor in the UK, so I might stop by and take a look…
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BG, 12 Jan is early enough for the shops not to run out of stock. I don't think/foresee that rush on sales, it just was a very much talked about boot when we saw/tried the prototypes last season.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I must correct myself here, the Raptor RS isn't from the Plud/modified range, it's a M103 and therefore doesn't have the 2 degree shot. Embarassed
snow report
Sorry, i will correct myself, was right the first time. Little Angel
snow conditions
veeight - thanks for the advice - I'm looking forward to trying them out in Whistler Very Happy
snow report
Skied them for 4 hours now and they're still killing me. How many hours does it take before the liners pack out a bit? I deffo need a bit more room in them.
snow conditions
Spyderman, It's a modified plug, there ain't much liner to pack, welcome to the wonderful world of W/C ski boots, you'll be seeing a bootfitter on a regular basis, the reason this kind of thing should be done in resort and does take time. Imagine, i am pinching your arm and have a finger in your eye, for the moment you feel the finger in the eye but the pinch isn't too present. Remove my finger from your eye and the pinch is now present. Repeat until bored and frustrated. Welcome, they will be perfect, depends on your Bootfitters eye and your patience. Toofy Grin
snow report
Spyderman, I cheated a little when I was breaking mine in, I used my old liners in my new shell, that gave me a rough idea of what room I needed to blow/punch the shell out to. This may or may not work for you.

Alternatively another old wives tale that sometimes work is to get into a warm bath with your new boots and new liners, the warm water helps break down and mould the liners to your feet better than just hot air. I've not done this method yet, but quite a few of my colleagues have.
ski holidays
veeeight, Your boots made by Levis? If so i'd say the 501(mm)is probably a little long. Laughing
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Those button flys let in a lot of snow Laughing And Spyderman, mind you don't scratch the bath else the missus won't be pleased.
snow report
veeeight, For rapid access, we could do a mod' and change them buttons for buckles. Laughing
ski holidays
Is that why they call them "zip"fit liners (groan).
snow report
veeeight, No, that's the 507 model, my preferance as i need a loose fit in certain areas.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, veeeight, Ta for the advice. The left one originally out of the box was unwearable, but I'm quite happy with that, the pain is tolerable, but the right one which wasn't too bad to start with is the one that's killing me. I and CEM knows that more work will be required, I just wondered how long to endure the suffering before a return visit.
latest report
Spyderman, The suffering will start in the company of CEM. Tee Hee, only kidding Charlie.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
veeeight, No, that's the 507 model, my preferance as i need a loose fit in certain areas.

I go for 501's and just get the front blown. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, how narrow is your foot, i am on lange 120's and have "b" width feet in a 334mm boot but am getting some heel lift.. Are they gonna be okay for a full days skiing as they are WC boots?
snow report
skimottaret, You could drop down to the Mojo XP, a modified Plud Raptor, without the 2 degree cooler/clog adjustment. She runs at 98mm in the forefoot with a 105kn flex and comes in a lovely Brown leather effect. You can too, if you have 6weks and £690 send me a .JPeg of your choosing and i can get that design put on the boot. I'll post a photo later. Little Angel
latest report
skimottaret, Any chance of your foot length and width in mm? wink
snow report
105 (at the ball of the foot) and 295
ski holidays
skimottaret, Ahh, Ok, the boot (Mojo Xp) measures 110mm in your size, so a Raptor comes in at 107mm. This is however a significant improvement on the Lange. The heal pockets are the same on both (both being a modified Doberman wink ). Oh, yeah, i have your sizes in both. Toofy Grin
snow report
skimottaret, The heel area was the main concern with my Lange's the Raptors are much more snug in the Heel, really happy with the retention.
snow report
Spyderman, SMALLZOOKEEPER, interesting but not sure i can justify another pair of boots after just getting some scarpa tele's.. Sad

SMALLZOOKEEPER, sorry didnt mean to get your hopes up for a sale, but if the langes need replacing i know where to go snowHead
latest report
skimottaret, Ar$e, Pasta for dinner again! wink Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, i know the feeling, gone broke this year buying new gear.... Laughing
latest report
Photo's as promised, ok it's the 'Raptor 130kn' and the Mojo XP, but you get the idea.

snow report
Ah, no, i found the right one. wink

snow report
 monster77
monster77
Spyderman wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, veeeight, Ta for the advice. The left one originally out of the box was unwearable, but I'm quite happy with that, the pain is tolerable, but the right one which wasn't too bad to start with is the one that's killing me. I and CEM knows that more work will be required, I just wondered how long to endure the suffering before a return visit.

Kerrrching, where is the CEM rubbing his hands, and with £ for eyes when you need it. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy