Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

spyder...cool or not cool?

Poster: A snowHead
queen_sheba, I like the HH pants - I'd buy them. I thought by jeans style you meant rather low cut ones, which could be a problem - if you crouch down and they uncover your knickers then they could be too low! (especially for anyone over 30!)

I didn't have a good look at the woman - my boyfriend did though! If you want a ski instructor as a boyfriend I could lend you mine - it wouldn't be too much of a problem! snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have to say that my instructor for the last two years has been very dishy, pity I'm a married woman at times!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if you like it and wear it without asking then YOU are cool.....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
queen_sheba, And I'm Spyderman Laughing

I've used Spyder gear for many years. What you see in the shops is just the tip of the iceberg with regard to their range, yes, it's expensive, but it's built to last, uses the best materials, easy to wear, well featured, warm and comfortable in all weathers.
It was mentioned above that it's only critical seam sealed, well some of the Jackets are, mainly the Legend series, because they have so many pieces, seam sealing them all would make the jacket unwearable, however there are plenty of Jackets in the other series that are fully taped and use material that is true 20/20 waterproof/breathable which is better than Goretex.
The White Jacket is also available in Black.
Snow & Rock have a good selection of the popular mainstream stuff.
Harrods if you want the premium range where a Jacket can be £3,500 plus.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks spyderman! nice to meet you and thanks for joining the conversation...

i think i have a pretty good radar when it comes to what looks good (whether i can afford it is another matter)

I guess it's like a designer suit or a designer handbag...some people buy them for the label, some people buy them because they are well made and last for ages - it depends on the person's mentality.

cheers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
queen_sheba, the rest of us smelly oiks shop at TKMaxx, Tchibo, Aldi and Lidl . . . too cool to be branded Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, and are used to getting soaked so dont need goretex wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen_sheba, if you like it and it suits you, buy it. There are a two Spyder jackets in the new Snow and Rock catalogue I wouldn't say no to. Who cares whether other people think it's cool or not.
And if you want a white jacket, get a white jacket. I've had this one for 3 seasons and it's still fine. (Which is a shame, cos I'd love a new one Blush )
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, I don't ski in the rain . . . but seriously, I've not had a prob with lower end stuff and I don't spend the day on my ass. If I were sliding in extreme conditions or touring, then I'd be looking at more performance tested clothing, but for recreational skiing or going through learning drills . . . na! we don't need the level of waterproofing claimed for the high-end producers.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen_sheba, No idea whether it's cool or not, but that's a gorgeous looking jacket. Covet, covet. (But the navy blue fartbag still has some mileage in it. Sad )
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
queen_sheba, If you do go for white - make sure you carry your skis properly (tips forward and front binding behind your shoulder) otherwise you may have two white jackets with oily shoulders like my OH. Sad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, just kidding around ,,, but my favourite jacket at the moment is a £79 NF paclite goretex shell. Goretex doesnt have to be expensive.

a couple of layers underneath and it is really waterproof, used it in the slush and occassional rain this spring and was fine..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:
pity I'm a married woman at times!!

what are you at other times, Megamum?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen_sheba, I bought Kitty the Spyder Leather & Fox Fur version of the Jacket that you like for her birthday last year. It looks the biz.
Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w, Errr........frustrated?!! Laughing

Spyderman, I promise to leave your spydeemobile by the rear exit so as not to spoil the effect of the pair of you next year wink
ski holidays
queen_sheba, Jacket looks a bit Posh Spice'ish, now if that's the look you are going for.........perfect wink. Cool.....mmm...unsure Puzzled
ski holidays
except hers would be Chanel.....informed by Missus R32!
snow report
Jacket's currently £318 on Captains Cabin. I belatedely realised that for £200 wife's 40th would be partly sorted, but not paying £300 squid for a jacket. Sad
snow conditions
this one is quite pretty but very functional...(and cheap - £79!)

http://www.twoseasons.co.uk/shop/winter/snow/ladies/snowboard-and-ski-clothes/snowboard-and-ski-jackets/product/protest-prove-board-jacket/7097.htm
cheers
snow report
queen_sheba, that's the other end of the scale. Buy this one, it's pretty. The Spyder one is very Courchevel.

Now I'm not laughing at people that actually buy (or worse, wear) Spyder. However, they do make leather ski trousers. Each to their own I guess. Shocked
ski holidays
What she really wants is the brown Ripcurl parka she saw last season in Tignes but not in her size. I thinkl it must have been the previous season as I could only find it in white (even on Ripcurl's website). The one on skiwerar4less is close, but without the furry hood.

I'll keep looking, will take her to Krakow for birthday.
snow report
queen_sheba,
My Spyder trousers are approx 2001 vintage, my wife's 2000, both still in good nick and good value for money. I know peeps decked out in the same Spyder gear for years and years, it's good kit, albeit becoming a little ubiquitous these days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy