Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2007/8, for all the non-believers out there.

Poster: A snowHead
It's Shitting it down in the town.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Topsmoke, You want to hook up tomorrow lunch-ish?

Yep love too, pm'd you my number,

Still snowing this morning a little about 30cm on the car roof I reckon at 7 am.

Regards Mark
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Topsmoke, Sorry buddy, i just got back. POWDER, POWDER, POWDER, POWDER, POWDER. Freshies all day long, yet again zero visibility and occasional "Peek 'a' Boo" skiing. Awesome, should be a great day tomorrow, but where...............................???????? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Topsmoke, Sorry buddy, i just got back. POWDER, POWDER, POWDER, POWDER, POWDER. Freshies all day long, yet again zero visibility and occasional "Peek 'a' Boo" skiing. Awesome, should be a great day tomorrow, but where...............................???????? Puzzled

Sure was awsome when the sun peeked out at about half 2 Very Happy

Aiguille du midi at 8am tomorrow with High Mountain Guide Jean Luc Thierry,And a big off piste on the Italian Side Very Happy

Regards

Mark
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zero vis at GM but XXL fun in the forest.

ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looking good for us! Arriving tomorrow early afternoon for a couple of days Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fantastic conditions on the vallee blanche today deep deep powder first thing but tracked out very quickly !
However a skin for us up to the Col Flambeau/Col du Toule after a rather tricky Glacier traverse proved well worth it with some excellent untracked powder in the vallee Noire (Toule Glacier) down into Italy after a rather tricky roped up entry,and the dreaded stair case decent .Lower down was a little wet and heavy though.
The Itailian Varient of the Vallee blanche entry La Combe de la Vierge still had some good untracked snow later in the afternoon but after this short section from the top the Classic Vallee Blanche was tracked to pieces .

Vallee Noire today 18/03/08

Vallee Blanche 18/03/08

Regards Mark

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 19-03-08 20:26; edited 3 times in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Topsmoke, sounds like you're having a great time mate, keep the reports coming - nice one Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Brevent/Flegere, Oh my god the pistes are so fast, awesome hard packed snow, very cold. I shat myself twice today. 1m of fresh snow due between now and Tuesday, the road into Sham' from Sallanches is said to be closed until end of April. Suckers. Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you on the GS-Rs then?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch, Yep. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just woke up and wish i hadn't hidden those 'Easter Eggs' quite so well. Anyway, looks like it's been 'Jizzing' down all night.

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh my god this is unbelievable and set to continue until Tuesday. Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
looking good, especially if you've plenty of free time on your hand Steve Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
God knows i need the practice, got a spot of 'Ski-mpotence' need some 'Ski-agra'.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, are you posting this from your blackberry on a chairlift.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Nah, they've closed the mountain, not much to go at, then there's always, tomorrow, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday................................................... Twisted Evil
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, i thought sick people were supposed to stay in at home and not be out skiing all day wink wink
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, 1 - 0 Frosty the Snowman,
snow conditions
Bucket loads of snow falling in le Tour today over a metre allready !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just made it off the mountain at half two in the afternoon too take the misses and kids back too Geneva to get there flights home.
Then had too return too Le Tour which was fine untill Argentiere at which point the road was closed, Begged the police too let me go up and after a short while they let me Very Happy

Time for a beer or 2
ski holidays
Topsmoke, Sit tight, this looks like it's been worth the wait. Be CAREFUL! Little Angel

CEM, Puzzled
ski holidays
A brilliant day yesterday and GUTTED to leave today - ah well. It will be quite a welcome for our guests.

Peered out of the window at 6 am and didn't see anything, all still grassy in the garden...but at 7 it was coming down fast. This was the scene when we left at about noon - it was knee deep already - magic!

Chalet la Foret, Good Friday 2008 at noon

Snow sliding off the trees by the mazot
Chalet la Foret, the Mazot, Good Friday 2008 at noon

Have fun out there Smile
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Topsmoke, Sit tight, this looks like it's been worth the wait. Be CAREFUL! Little Angel

/

Spooky bieng here in Le Tour Tonight and a little scary driving up through Montroc on the way back up on a night like tonight, very sad Sad to remember.

Mark

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 21-03-08 21:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Boom, Boom, Boom.

I have never heard them blasting so often and so late.
snow report
You wanna be up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There Blasting here at 9.47 pm in Le Tour mega mega amount of snow here nearly 1 and a half metre's easily in the village.
Shame we didn't get too hook up too cut some tracks Smallzookeeper I hope so next time .
I gotta head on elsewhere tomorrow if I can but you never know I might be stuck Very Happy

Mark
latest report
Damn, that looks good.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, do you live over a restaurant?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, So what's the story mate. Sounds like it's been a cracking week. I'm out Wednesday morning until Saturday what's the forecast?
snow report
Get a guide, awesome conditions all should be well tracked by then. Can't be assed to write anymore, best days skiing i've ever had today, wasn't even in SHAM. Resort 'X' all the way. See you Wednesday.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was in Flegere on Friday. Continuous snow. On a rental board in soft-soft boots while my carver was having a minor repair. Would have hated the board on hard pack, but on all the flufy stuff it was fairly enjoyable. Closed the blue half-way down from top of Index. Presumably people would be grinding to a halt in 2 feet of flat powder. Tried to pop over to Brevant, but closed. Then discovered pretty much everything was closed apart from a couple of greens. Got tired of 'em after 6 runs. I was missing my Doughboy (didn't think Chamonix could beat the powder I'd had in Feb in Jackson Hole).

Snow has returned to Chamonix with a vengeance! snowHead
ski holidays
so what is happening out there ??
ski holidays
Conditions are great at the moment. Lots of day trippers this weekend but two fantastic days skiing.
Saturday in the Le Tour Back Bowls
ski holidays
Did the VB on Sunday it was F windy, there was an avalanche on the classic route.

Windy

Avalanchy
latest report
jbob, Shocked
snow report
Rained monday at resort level but snowed up top to give maybe a foot or so of snow on Tues with blue skies. Temps must have dropped over night because the snow and pistes were quite frozen first thing today and even now still are, but is has been snowing since 9 am when I came up Brevent, light to medium snow fall with low light that goes with it.I think I may try to stay low but it is my first time here so not too sure where my board is heading
latest report
OMG, powder fest, one of the best days I have had on my board, still dumping it down now
snow report
To anyone who's there - thinking about coming out next fri, sat, sun. would you recommend Cham or are conditions better anywhere else close(ish) to GVA? thanks Carl
latest report
Go to Cham, the skiing is high and conditions are excellent
snow conditions
Fresh Cold Snow, 30cm on the Brevent today. Very cold, perfect, where are all the people? Cool
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I wonder is this late season dump unusual or is it becoming a more regular occurence? When I tell people in Ireland I plan to ski in May they think I'm mad!
snow report
I would reply but can't seem to spell usually (ah, there we go.) We USUALLY get a big dump around end of April beginning May.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy