Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix 2007/8, for all the non-believers out there.

Poster: A snowHead
Neilski wrote:
Renry
David Murdoch, Renry, which would be the best gondola for my OH to use if she wanted to join us for lunch one day at the top of the mountain at les houches ?
(she doesnt ski), but would like to see the boys in action

The restaurant at the top of Bellvue* (sp) is at the top of a very shallow 'nursery slope' so she would get a decent look there and the boys could return easily to that point via a pomma.
I will post a photo of this area when I get home.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Renry, thanks for that, we are staying at a place at the bottom of the gondola so should be good
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neilski, I'd second Renry's suggestion...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Neilski

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/uploads/360/CIMG0042.JPG

http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/uploads/360/CIMG0044.JPG
http://www.snowmediazone.com/the_zone/uploads/360/CIMG0045.JPG
A couple of piccies looking down the from the top of the restaurant

http://www.ski-leshouches.com/ check out the webcam at Bellevue, this run is looking up towards said restaurant.

Hope this helps, anymore ?'s just ask, will be glad to help if i can.
PS where are you staying. You said near the Bellevue lift, we stayed directly oppostite it at La Kandahar appartments.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reynolds14 my you tube page for a few videos from Les Houches

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 4-03-08 11:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Renry, hotel slalom but i think its is opposite the other lift

from your pics it looks perfect, also i think the girls in our party who are having a begineers lesson at les houches will probably be there as well
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The slalom is infact nearer to the Bellevue lift then the prarion (i think) . About 50 yards from it I would say. We went there on the Sat to try and catch the rugby union but it was full.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
is anyone in or just back from chamonix, has there been any new snow this week ??
we are out on sunday, any ideas on what we can expect, we are staying in les houches but have transport to access other areas Puzzled
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plenty of snow last night, "Boom, Boom, Boom" was the waking call this morning, first time since December i think. I didn't go up, it's really glum, set for more snow tonight with strong winds, same Thurs brightening up Friday once it's all blown away.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thanks for that hope it clears up for you soon snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neilski, 15cm last night more due tonight and tomorrow 40-60 cm according to cham meteo.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Neilski, I'm just back (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun) and can report that the new snow will be a welcome boon.

Best snow found off the marked runs, and even on the marked runs the Grand Montets was the only place to be.

I got bored too. Far too much rich food in the evenings.

No more cheese for a month Embarassed
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mosha Marc, watch out for the bad dreams Embarassed
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Neilski, that'll be the credit card bill arriving! Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's Shitting it down. Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Crap! Missed it. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
It's stopped.
latest report
Feeling like an old man, been out on the GM with some of the early 20something Freeriders today. Pendant, Canadian and Italian bowls have lots of new snow, 40-50 cm in places. Masses of wind, zero visability but awesome fun, we couldn't stop the fun. Lavancher was best avoided given the conditions so that's the place come friday. The GM shut at 2 with a view to reopening, wind and driving snow closed the hill. Herse didn't open, nor top. Thousands of people still turning up as we returned to Sham. Rest of resort shut until Tomorrow, possibly Friday, when the sun will come out and all the fine weather skiers can come out and follow our tracks.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, you know why "Lavancher" gets its name?? Shocked
snow conditions
Go figure.

snow report
David Murdoch, I believe Lavancher is is Savoyade for Avalanche.
ski holidays
More to the point, meteo france has predicted an avalanche threat level of 3 for tomorrow down from 4 today. However for the weekend the SCGB forecast is for it to be warm which if it is might mean the threat could be back to high again.

"I can resist everything except temptation"
ski holidays
jbob, Mate, i got home and found out i forgot to switch my beep on. Probably the most dangerous conditions i've skied in, i put it to the back of my mind and enjoyed the day. The closing of the resort followed the timing of my stopping skiing which was a nice feeling. I had been right about the increasing dangers, after all i am a creature of Nature. They heavily bombed Flegere today, that would be my shout tomorrow.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, is it true that the savoyade word for food and for cheese is the same
snow conditions
Shrug's his shoulders, "Bof?"
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have some new fat skis, can't wait.
snow report
jbob, I do hope you managed to avoid the queues at Fleg' and Brev', i heard there were 3 hour queues. Puzzled
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Well done!
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, went to GM, not exactly a powder day but pretty nice all the same, queue at the bottom but not too bad after that.
Best snow in the dream forest, still some lines left after the night shift had tracked the rest.
Top ticket not open.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lovely spring conditions up the GMs this afternoon. Lavancher terrific. Pierre a Ric slushy as to be expected. All good for the time of year... wink
ski holidays
Perfect conditions from town down to Chedde for my bike's first outing of the year. Eariest i've ever been able to do this ride, no snow on the trails what so ever. Shame we didn't think about the fact we'd be catching the Train back up to Sham from St Gervais at 16h on a Saturday. A tad busy, got some strange looks with MTB, Shorts and body armour, whilst the rest of the train were in full winter gear with their suitcases and ski bags. I think we destroyed any excitement about the conditions as we stood giggling with our bikes.
snow conditions
We got lots of snow, with more snow on it's way all week. Looks good.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, where's the rain/snow limit with you at the moment?
ski holidays
Looking out the window, i'd say 1700M due to drop to 1100m later. IMO should see between 40-80cm by the end of the week at around 1800/2000m and above.
snow report
Snowing hard in Le Tour Tonight Very Happy
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, was snowing albeit not heavily in the GM car park when we sloped off home...I'd suggest the snow-rain limit was around there at 16h00

Lovely conditions higher up though.
ski holidays
I think i'll head up around Lunch tomorrow, sounds like Le Tour might be worth a punt.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, good good, sameish here I think (rest day today...)
May be over your way this week, will need to sort out dropping in for some new inners for my Adrenalines (finally)..
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, good good, sameish here I think (rest day today...)
May be over your way this week, will need to sort out dropping in for some new inners for my Adrenalines (finally)..
snow report
Still snowing hard at 9.30 pm about 20 cm or so now on the roof of the car,should be excellent tomorrow wink
snow report
Topsmoke, You want to hook up tomorrow lunch-ish?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy