Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bootfitting advice sought

Poster: A snowHead
I think it's about time I got round to getting a properly fitted pair of boots, and would appreciate some advice on the best general course for me. I already have newish boots, which are by no means uncomfortable, but if they're really not suitable then I'll consider replacements.

I'll be in Chamonix for a month starting mid Jan, and from the small amount of knowledge I've gleaned from these forums I'm under the impression my best bet is to get the bootfitting done somewhere where I can actually ski on them and adjust afterwards; if that's not correct then a trip to Bicester might be in order, otherwise I presume I need to book up an appointment with Footworks?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhilG, The snowHeads Boot Clinic might be an option for you, with any adjustments done at Footworks when you're in Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get thee to t'zoo m'lad.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
PhilG, first suggestion would be to go to the bootfitting session in Lockwoods. Then you might get sorted out before Chamonix.

Footworks is well worth the visit, but make sure you book an appointment.
If you decide to do that, ask for Steve. Take a thimbleful of whisky with you (it's all he can handle).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did have a look at the boot clinic, but leamington's not exactly on my doorstep, I don't keep a car as I'm in London (though could hire one if I really had to), so it's a royal (tee hee) pain to get to. Couple that with the fact that I'm a bit short on time off due to above-mentioned Cham trip and it's not as simple as it might otherwise be Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PhilG, OK, then Footworks is the way forward! Best bootfitters in the universe! (if your opinion of the universe is "Europe")
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Let the train take the strain LS is only an hour and a half from London..and Bicester even closer
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, Does this mean we have competition from somewhere outside Europe? Petrol bombs and lazer guided ninja squirrels to the ready!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, I was asked on another forum to list who I considered to be the good guys, and here are the other 5...

Lockwoods in Leamington Spa
Inner Bootworks in Stowe, VT (ask for Benny)
Boot Fixation in Frisco, CO (Jeff)
Snowind in Reno, NV (Bud)
Superior Ski in Snowbird, UT (Steve)

I'd also add Mosh from SBS in Aspen.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, how do I go about getting an appointment booked?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PhilG, Suggest a ime and a date on here and we'll put it in the Diary, i'll be doing your boots up next! wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I get to Cham around midday on Jan 10, so without presuming that you work on Sundays, how does late afternoon on the 11th look?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PhilG, Yes we work Sundays, we're closed every day between 12,30 and 15,30. So it's up to you. Little Angel
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In that case then, let's go for 15:30 on the 10th; I can get a couple hours in on the slopes just to get back in the feel of things and reacquaint myself with my boots, then be amazed on the Monday morning as to how much better it feels Smile
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As follow up on WTFH' post,
Add this name to the list of bootfitters: HEIERLING in Davos.
http://www.heierling.ch/

Phenomenal service. 3D Computer graphs, laser "things"... own brand footbeds and custom fit liner. If you happen to ski in Davos - visit them!
snow report
PhilG, Whoo ho, i've 'isynced' you to my phone. Laughing
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I have no idea what that means, but it obviously makes you very happy. I'm pleased for you Very Happy
snow conditions
Wear The Fox Hat, Can you please repost that list of yours, I think there is a problem with it. On my screen I got the following;

Quote:

Lockwoods in Leamington Spa
DISNEYLAND
DISNEYLAND
DISNEYLAND
DISNEYLAND

Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Work boy, work! Mouse has gone wrong again! Pi$$
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, That'll teach you for going for fashion over function. You ordered that new Spyder jacket yet?
snow report
NAKEDZOOKEEPER, Nice one, googling 'Spager Jacket'. Laughing
ski holidays
"New for 2008, the Spyder Spadge Jacket and matching Mimsy pants"
ski holidays
Someone get the Keepers back in the zoo! Should I be worried that I'll be buying arachnid gear next week? Smile
ski holidays
Doh - looks like I'm losing my marbles - 10th is a Thursday, and it's the 13th I arrive. SZK, can we make it 15:30 on the 13th, not the 10th? Embarassed
snow report
PhilG, That should be fine, I've made a note on the super important notice board.
ski holidays
PhilG, i-Sync-ed it is. Laughing
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Gimp
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy