Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50cms base already (2nd October) - Silver Star, BC.

Poster: A snowHead
Was checking out my home for the forth coming winter and was nicely surprised to see it is dumping with snow already... 50cm base. Thought I would use the opportunity to big up a little known but truely awesome ski resort in BC called Silver Star. Check out the web link- hopefully it might inspire some people to make the trek to Western Canada.

http://www.skisilverstar.com/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give me the rain of west yorksire any day Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrtoastie, good to see! And looking promising for our trip next year to Silver Star's neighbour Big White snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, hey hope you have an awesome time at Big White... ! I hope the current snowfall is a sign of great things to come! If you get a chance pop over to Silver Star Mountain and say hello. There is a bus that runs between the two resorts and it is definately well worth a visit. Your BW pass is valid for SS. I have a friend working at the Snowsports School in BW this coming season and I will be spending my second season at Silver Star teaching people how to be as graceful as possible while sliding down the hill on two planks of wood with powder flying in their faces.
snow report
 brian
brian
I got an e-mail the other day from someone selling condos there. Here it is ...

http://canada.assetz.co.uk/property-detail.htm?propID=2733&mid=12674
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1, rain is awesome.. because you know if you gain a little altitude its snowing... if you need anyone to test any of your gear (www.junkiegear.com) I would be happy to do so Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, thanks.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mrtoastie, we've been to Big White for the last couple of years and still haven't yet made it over to SS - perhaps this time! Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cathy, hope you make it to Silver Star this time round. Don`t let the frontside of the mountain fool you.. the backside is breathtaking.. especially the hike out to Alder Point on a Powder Day.. steep and deep.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mrtoastie wrote:
Don`t let the frontside of the mountain fool you.. the backside is breathtaking.. especially the hike out to Alder Point on a Powder Day.. steep and deep.

I think you have me mistaken for another cathy wink - I was thinking how nice the frontside looked compared with all that nasty double black stuff at the back Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kiwi1 wrote:
Give me the rain of west yorksire any day Sad

Didn't realise you were up this way kiwi, whereabouts r u?

I'm in Shadwell, NE Leeds, closish to Roundhay Park.

regards,

greg
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mrtoastie, I will be in SS for a wee while sometime in mid January, on a three week road trip, also planning to get to BW, Apex & Sun Peaks plus a couple of days in Vancouver shopping & hitting Grouse mountain & Mount Seymour in the evenings.

Are you instructing in SS? mrs 1G is a recent convert from one plank to two and plans to have some instruction at some point.

Also notice you are in Edinburgh, we're just down the road in Peebles.

I've got all the BC webcams in my favourites and it's looking good already.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mrtoastie, Just booked my holiday to Silver Star at the weekend Very Happy The web cams look good already Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it anywhere near Fernie? Phototim might get a bit excited if so... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1 guest, hey so mrs 1G has converted from tray riding. I would be happy to continue her full conversion into a two planker when she hits Silver Star. My name is Alasdair Ross.

Even if heaven forbid she converts back to the dark side and no longer wishes lessons get in touch when you hit the Star.. you don`t get many Scottish people passing through so would be good to catch up for a sociable brew and talk about Irn Bru, the crap summer and the fact we are still celebrating after winning the rugby world cup Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Sage, Silver Star Rocks! You will have an awesome time. It doesn`t have the crazy apres ski of European resorts but if you are looking for somewhere to concentrate on the playing in the white stuff you will be hard pushed to find anywhere better.. is great to hear that there are some guys and gals from home heading to the Star.. you don`t get too many Scottish people there. Mostly Aussies/Canadians/Americans... if you need any ideas for little hidden gems on the mountain, things to do in the evenings or want any lessons then I would be happy to help out.

Alasdair Ross
snow conditions
mrtoastie, Thanks for the offer, we are meeting a friend of one of our party who is working out there for the season. He and his wife are working at the ski school for the season.

Not too bothered about the apres ski as will have the kids along - Tube Town looks good though Very Happy

Stephen
snowHead
snow conditions
Sage, is that Angus and Rachel?
snow conditions
mrtoastie, Yes! Very Happy Do you know them?

snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What a small world it is Very Happy
snow report
Sage, very well.. I worked with them last season.. in fact rach was my "adopted" mum for the season. I have some great video of Angus`s amazing cooking skills on Christmas day.. never seen anyone burn turnip before Very Happy

Michelle, it is indeed a small world Shock
ski holidays
Michelle, 18 sleeps till what? I have a similar countdown.. 5 sleeps until I get my eyes zapped... Shocked Puzzled Crying or Very sad Very Happy snowHead
snow report
You know how SS have posted a 50cm fall at the moment. Does anyone know if that counts to the season avarage snowfall even if it melts before the season starts? OR id the season snowfall avarage counted from open day to close day? Not that it reall matters in BC! Very Happy
ski holidays
mrtoastie, I'd love to go back to SS again especially as they have such a good setup for kids and it would be great for our daughter. However, we somehow seemed to have booked up 4 weeks in Whistler instead Very Happy Very Happy

And it is a small world as we skiied with Rachel and Angus when we were there in March 2006. They were in training for their L3. Did they get it? We also have some old family friends out there - the Todds. You must know them too. Very Happy That's the other reason we really want to go back is so that we can see them.

Hope you have an excellent season!
snow report
geetee, hey hey 4 weeks in Whistler will be ace. Hope you have a great tiime! Obviously Silver Star would be better mind you wink snowHead . I think Angus and Rach will walk through their 3`s this coming season.

roastingdave, to tell you the truth I don`t know Puzzled

I agree
Quote:

Not that it really matters in BC!

Snow should be plentiful snowHead snowHead snowHead - it is now up to 63cms. The season at SS opens on 22nd November so yes it is probable (especially looking at the plus air temp) that this early dusting will vapourise and then be replenished before the season starts. Is soooo nice to see white fluffy stuff though Cool
snow report
mrtoastie, Great stuff, it is a small world, - Gus is hopefully sorting out our accommodation for Feb (if our mutual friend has remembered to ask him).

Are you out there this season?

snowHead
ski holidays
Sage, I sure am...will be heading out in mid or end November... my feet are dying to slip into my boots.. I have been at Braehead a couple of times over the last 3 weeks... bring on the snow snowHead

Hopefully see you in Silver Star !!

Very Happy
snow conditions
mrtoastie wrote:
Sage,

Hopefully see you in Silver Star !!

Very Happy

That would be good, say hello to Gus and Rachel from me - I'll be out 9th to 17th Feb.

(Oh, you better say I'm the Stephen he met at David's, who is coming out with David and family as he won't know who Sage is Very Happy)

snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Going to Big White for 10 days at new year and taking the family. La Nina seems to be having an effect already and with the stuff already falling I'm counting down the days 'til we go. Flights etc have cleared me out and so i am looking to see if there are any special deals on ski passes as I've worked out it will cost me approx £750 for a 9 day pass for 2 adults and 2 kids.
snow report
Rowley B QC, try Ski Independence - they do good deals on lift passes. You don't have to have booked the holiday with them Very Happy
snow report
Thanks Cathy I ll check them out
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy