Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fall Line out on Thursday

Poster: A snowHead
No wonder Easyjet get so many queries on their ski boot carriage policy - look at their back page ad!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I still can't find it on sale anywhere locally!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redrunmarcus,
I got mine on Sunday from WH Smith in Southport, surely you have a WH SMith in Lytham??
Cracking read and have also brought mine in to work to have a quick peek when the bosses are not lurking.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes ....but no mags
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redrunmarcus,
looks like you might have to subscribe, unless you go to another WH Smith.
i think it is about £21 for 6 issues.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yea wiil prob sort it at Manchester ski show
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can't find it anywhere! WTF!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fallliner, I've tried creating a direct debit subscription on your website, but it's telling me I'm creating one for Document Snowboard. And I can't be doing with that... Any advice?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The subs site should have been sorted today. Our tame geek has been thrashed.

I sincerely hope people are putting up their views of the skis - the best review gets a trip out the next year's test. Oh, I already said that.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Finally grabbed a copy yesterday - excellent read, so much in the mag in comparison with all the rest and it's nice and varied. Good to see the article on last season and why it wasn't bad (although you forgot to mention skiing at cairngorm from late Nov to mid April Wink ) - it was one of my best seasons actually! Very Happy

Also fantastic to read a ski mag that's all original copy, no advertorial rubbish at all (as far as I can see).

Keep up the good work fallliner because it's by miles the best newsstand ski mag on the UK market.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rainman, the website knows best.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sad I got a copy of the december 06 issue off someone and read every page, need to find this flipping magazine!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timmaah, why not subscribe?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I wasn't able to find it last week either. Finally got a copy (with some nice freebies Very Happy ) at the excellent MK Xscape Snozone Snow Show happening this weekend. Amazed not a lot of people there - well worth turning up!!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
^ bit far from Bristol and I've heard so many negatives about MK that I gave it a miss - they only have themselves to blame!

Will be going to the London one anyway 'coz I've got free tickets.
snow conditions
roga, I'm sure you don't believe everything you read on sH and defo not saying it's all a bed of roses, but imho MK have an unrepresentatively poor image on here
snow report
slikedges wrote:
roga, I'm sure you don't believe everything you read on sH and defo not saying it's all a bed of roses, but imho MK have an unrepresentatively poor image on here

Oh well maybe I'll give it a try sometime... just not keen on chavving it up Wink
ski holidays
roga, no choice there I'm afraid! I simply try to avoid contact with any locals. wink wink
ski holidays
Timmaah, if you are in Germany you'll be stymied because we don't distribute there.
slikedges, which hat did you pick up?
ski holidays
fallliner, the Scott one - thank you! Very Happy I'm gonna wear it today Very Happy
ski holidays
And I'm sure you'll look lovely in it. A pleasure.
snow report
I'll add to slikedges, post re the Milton Keynes show/test day - it was very well supported by the manufacturers/importers and poorly attended. This equals lots of kit to try and few people on the slopes. Did people not know about it?

It's still on today if anyone wants to head down.
ski holidays
fallliner, I subscribed on the 28th Aug, should I get this issue or was I a bit too late?
Your Susan Williams was very helpful as was whoever phoned me to confirm the overseas postage charge, however I received the following:-

"Good Afternoon.
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately you will not be able to do a
direct debit living outside the UK, unless you have an English bank
account.
Regards
Hannah"

And my reply for which I feel slightly embarassed (only slightly)

"Hi Hannah
I have already spoken to someone who kindly phoned me from your office and confirmed that all was in order.
I was not made aware that you needed an English bank account, regrettably mine is Scottish.
I didn't know Fall-line was so racist. Please get your act together."

Did Hannah get her way?

Edit, I've just checked my a/c and nothing has gone out, looks like she did Sad
ski holidays
fallliner wrote:
Timmaah, if you are in Germany you'll be stymied because we don't distribute there.

I am now in Norwich for my university and have looked in:

Uni paper shop, uni post office, tescos, morrisons, fuel stations etc..

Sad
snow conditions
fallliner wrote:
I'll add to slikedges, post re the Milton Keynes show/test day - it was very well supported by the manufacturers/importers and poorly attended. This equals lots of kit to try and few people on the slopes. Did people not know about it?

I heard about the event here and presumably they publicised it in the local area?

As I said above I decided to give it a miss because I've heard so many negatives here about MK, that sort of thing does make a difference. I go to Tamworth every few months and know it reasonably well and it's around the same distance, I've never given MK a go because I've been put off. If there was an event like this at Tamwoth I'd be straight up there and first in the queue, MK I don't know and probably never will.

Perhaps one of the reasons for it being so quiet is that this kind of event needs committed people to come along and many of the more committed have already been put off by MKs reputation and/or their experience of it.

I think I'm committed enough to make the effort (blimey, I'll be giving Chill Factore a go in November so must be!) but I'm not risking it for a place with the rep MK has.
Quote:
It's still on today if anyone wants to head down.

Yeah but the kids have a party this afternoon and then I'm off with one of them to Gloucester ski club Smile
snow report
roga, sH requires careful reading between the lines. MK at its best is incomparably better than Tamworth could ever be. No indoor slope is consistently good, but MK is more often good than bad.
ski holidays
well, i spent most of the day at MK today, poorly attended is not the word, by 3pm all the suppliers who had been kicked out on the slope [other than a couple!!] packed up and went home, everyone stood around on the slope freezing their bits off to hand out an average to 5 pairs of skis each

in short the suppliers did their bit, the shop [EB] tried their best the slope suposedly advertied it??? but people just didn't show up. i heard stories of people deciding not to come because it was on and they thought it would be far too busy, speaking to the regulars who run the race training on a normal sunday, it was 60-70% quieter than it has been for the past 3-4 weeks ???
latest report
CEM, interesting.

From the 1 bit of official info on it I could find they made it sound like it would be absolutely heaving and that pre-booking a slot for slopetime was compulsory. That alone would be enough to put most people off.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shame for the Manufacturers who put the effort in, but I certainly won't be hurrying back to MK after recent experiences. Maybe people are starting to vote about MK with their feet.
snow conditions
slikedges wrote:
...I'm sure you don't believe everything you read on sH and defo not saying it's all a bed of roses, but imho MK have an unrepresentatively poor image on here.

Good times to give it a miss are weekends at the height of ski season and mostly anytime during school holidays.

edited to clarify

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 30-09-07 23:27; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
slikedges wrote:
roga, sH requires careful reading between the lines.

Doesn't everything Wink
Quote:
MK at its best is incomparably better than Tamworth could ever be. No indoor slope is consistently good, but MK is more often good than bad.

Point taken Smile
FenlandSkier wrote:
CEM, interesting.

From the 1 bit of official info on it I could find they made it sound like it would be absolutely heaving and that pre-booking a slot for slopetime was compulsory. That alone would be enough to put most people off.

Actually that was another reason why I decided not to go, I had this image of the place heaving with chavs and it didn't really make me wanna make the trip... mind you the thought of somewhere heaving with hooray henries would have the same effect on me too... now why the hell am I going to the Metro Ski Show!?! Wink

Oh yeah, I blagged free tickets and the kids want a weekend in London Toofy Grin

Seriously though if slikedges had done the MK PR job ( Wink ) on me before this weekend and I'd known it was going to be quiet I very probably would have gone but these things are easy to say with hindsight aren't they!
latest report
Timmaah, I'll pass that on to the distributors. WHS is normally a safe bet but we are now starting to feed into uni newsagents so thanks for letting me know it isn't there. You can order it from any newsagent if you want to reserve a copy.

Dypcdiver, the anti-Scot racism has rather excellently been imposed upon us as an auto-emailer (which Hannah has nothing to do with) by our subscription people, who are headed up by a Scot! Mind you, much merriment at this end when you revealed that...
28 Aug probably missed the first issue. If you want it contact the office and we'll get out a back issue to you (at the normal price rather than the added p&p one. Same goes for any other subscribers who didn't get their first issue. We allow 4 weeks turnaround - who said delivery by inland waterways is dead...
snow report
Quote:

i spent most of the day at MK today, poorly attended is not the word

You're not kidding. I was there on Saturday morning, and there were only about 3 people on the slope testing skis. I signed up for the transceiver training lecture and no one else showed up, so it didn't happen (unless I got it wrong, but I went where they told me to go Confused ).
The guys handing out the skis seemed mildly p!ssed off by it all, and who can blame them. Maybe Xscape should try advertising it next time............ rolling eyes
snow report
Falliner: Finally managed to find one! Went to WHS, Borders is another store that didn't have it.
snow conditions
CEM wrote:
well, i spent most of the day at MK today, poorly attended is not the word, by 3pm all the suppliers who had been kicked out on the slope [other than a couple!!] packed up and went home, everyone stood around on the slope freezing their bits off to hand out an average to 5 pairs of skis each

in short the suppliers did their bit, the shop [EB] tried their best the slope suposedly advertied it??? but people just didn't show up. i heard stories of people deciding not to come because it was on and they thought it would be far too busy, speaking to the regulars who run the race training on a normal sunday, it was 60-70% quieter than it has been for the past 3-4 weeks ???

Myself & my other half got there at about 2.30pm on Sunday & had pre-booked slope time from 3pm til 6pm.

Had a quick chat with the guys from Line Skis (unfortunately they didn't have any demo skis) Question
Salomon & Rossignol were the only companies left at 3pm with demo skis ( Salomon left at 5pm).
We were also both looking forward to a lesson with New Generation at 4.30pm as advertised ,but this failed to happen.

I can understand the suppliers not wanting to hang around on the slope if there was no one around,but the event was advertised to run until 6pm on Sunday & for most of the suppliers to leave before 3pm was very disappointing.

Would this happen at Olympia or the NEC if it was a bit quiet on the last day of a show?
snow report
Ahh finished the mag, good read. Only suggestion I would have would be to include a poster that readers can take out perhaps? I find myself ripping out pages of awesome photographs at the moment Embarassed
snow report
Let me know which awesome photos and by the magic of pm/email I shall send you hi-res pdfs so you can print your own. Just the pdfs of the pages, mind - the snappers get a bit wary otherwise...
Would folk be interested in having some hi-res stuff on the site to download?
ski holidays
edit ; just read previous post about subs - looking forward to receiving my copy Cool

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 9-10-07 14:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
fallliner wrote:
The subs site should have been sorted today. Our tame geek has been thrashed.

I sincerely hope people are putting up their views of the skis - the best review gets a trip out the next year's test. Oh, I already said that.

How where do peeps put views of the skis up? couldn't see anything obvious, do I need to register to see some hidden magic Wink

cheers,

greg
snow report
fallliner, Absolutely. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy