Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire choices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hiring online I've got the choice of the following "intermediate" skis. Without opening the "what's an intermediate skier" question which of these below would be best for general on piste cruising carving.

I'll probably hire 3 sets of these unless you put me off with information.
Me:- OK on piste cruising reds not liking moguls too much weight 95Kg. rolling eyes
Wife :- same as above. Weight 57Kg (she wont mind me telling as she's slim, unlike me)
Daughter 14yrs lower intermediate) parallel turns but not good on steeps. Weight 48Kg

Dynastar Legend 4800
K2 Skis Apache XTR
K2 Skis T9 One Luv
Rossignol Bandit B1 Women
Rossignol Zenith Z1 Ti oversize
Salomon Siam N°8
Salomon Streetracer 8

All info and help appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B, I think your wife would like the One Luvs. She's not much heavier than me and I liked them so much I bought a pair.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good start. What about the 14yrs old. Are they carvers? What's good about them?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For piste cruising/carving I would possibly go for the Streetracer. I have a set of StreetRacer 5's Selling incidentaly here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150159429722&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=005
On piste they where a joy to ski, easy to turn and handled suprisingly well when pushed hard on the blues and reds. They even held a decent edge on the Blacks.
I feel I have outgrown them and would consider a Streetracer 8 myself if I was staying on the groomed stuff.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Here is the link to the One Luvs. Take no notice of the "expert" bit. I'm no expert Sad , strictly intermediate - like cruising reds like your wife. Again, the website says "all mountain" but they are carvers really, just not race carvers. They are not too stiff for us lightweights and they hold an edge fine.

Sorry, no idea about the 14 year old.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, The streetracers are (IMV) undemanding yet perfectly competent. The Rossi Zeniths have a good rep. The Bandits are very popular but I don't know many people who like them.

In fairness, it's very hard to find an intrinsically bad ski these days. You might find ones that you don't like for whatever reason or that are badly cared for though.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, I hate the Rossi Bandits, just couldn't get them to hold the edge and i am significantly heavier than Mrs Michael B.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B,
I'm a red run skier like yourself and have a pair of Rossi Z5's -I realy like them and as I'm 20kg's Laughing bigger than yourself you may find the Z1's OK. I hired a pair of Salomon Streetracer 8 's 2 seasons ago and found them very good. Very Happy I never heard of the K2 Skis Apache XTR- However if they are simalar to the Apache Crossfire they'll be OK too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, I will confess that I do not like them myself - not demanding/rewarding enough. Many people seem to tho...

But if you were having trouble getting them to grip (and Ipresume you don't have this problem on other skis) they may just have been in a less than perfect state of tune?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michael B, my husband loves his Rossi Zenith Z1s - like you he is a red run cruiser and finds they just take him where he wants to go; he's not into demanding skis!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK Some stuff to work with there. What about the 14 yr old? I could get her some beginners skis but if any of the above would be better then I'll go for them.
I guess skis are a subject I should get to know more about but then for 1 or 2 weeks a year really does it matter?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B, Z1's for you & One Luv's for both your wife & daughter. My mate's 13yr old daughter (45kg/4'11") owns One Luv's in 143cm & loves them. The problem you might have is getting them in a short enough length.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
David Murdoch, you're probably right - rentals rolling eyes . having said that I've never been happy with any rossis and have always changed to salomon....but hopefully will have my own burnin luvs for this season Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy