Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - PSB

Poster: A snowHead
FenlandSkier, a whole 1cm of snow!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Lizzard, I was more concerned about the other numbers. I think that 358% cloud cover and a temp of 85 °c might not be very snowsport-friendly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunny today, but a bit of a breeze on the glacier, so not overwarm. I was too hot in the town but glad of the layers up top. The conditions are deffo better than last year - there is actually some snow! Not much, but you can find some nice spots. If we get another dusting that will be good.

See you all tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks cloudy on the webcan this morning. No sign of freshies (yet) Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hopefully the little bit of snow that there is will still be there at the weekend Confused
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jase2472,

It will be. Looks better than last year snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's been a bit of snow overnight above 1600m - about 5-10cm I would say with about 20cm at glacier level. The temperatures have finally dipped down below freezing at 300m the zero isotherm is actually below 2000m today. Good news.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
davidof, my son will be so totally gutted! we left there this morning! met up with easiski and masque yesterday up top and it was freezing!

so nipped back down and purchased a nice little studette right next to the Jardri Very Happy am very excited about it! as is the boy who intends to spend the whole summer there if he can score a job!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowangel., boy could do worse than Super U - they take on extras for July/August, various shift patterns. PM me next May/June if he's interested, will get the inside info from Mr L.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, wicked fab! will let you konw but he's about to do his level 1 snowboard instruction so will need to do his 35 hours shadowing etc and there is a BASI recognised school in les 2 alpes so i think he's planning on trying to work with them. Will see how it goes but the offer is very much apreciated
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, snowHead snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cold and miserable today, but that's good! snowHead Hoping for a little fresh tomorrow am - wait and see, but could be the best day of the week. Hope it doesn't stay quite a cold as today though. Forecast decent. Very Happy No point in photos today as it was foggy too. Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski, was up today to sign for the studio, it was freeeeeezing, took me right by surprise as in serre che it was lovely!
wont be around friday, 3 times to and from les 2 alpes is enough for me in one week! have a great night!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It was really fab on the glacier today. Sunny and cold, with a bit of fresh snow. The best was first thing, but later it did get a bit scraped, however no doubt they'll do their best to sort it out tonight with the ploughs. Everyone was pretty happy about the conditions, and rather taken by surprise after Masque's post the other day. I believe a fair amount of beer has been consumed already in the bar, and I had one complaint today that there wasn't a restaurant at the top of the mountain - as if 3,200m isn't high enough! Shocked

snowangel., sorry you won't be over on Friday, but it is a long drive to do so many times int he week. good for you getting the studette! Let's hope it's really useful, which I'm sure it will be. Very Happy Post a pic for us all to look at.

Here's a pic looking down from the top of the Muretouse and the sea of cloud below - it looked like Antartica or something.
snow conditions
It turned pretty warm today so the snow softened up in a good few places. there are still plenty of ice patches around though, but it's still not 3 bad! No pic today - sorry. Very Happy
snow conditions
HAH!! Now, THAT is a complex graph! Heh heh.. Just like johnboy, I have no idea how to interpret it. Just wondering why there are zillions of lines in it..
ski holidays
speaking of interpreting graphs:

http://static.scribd.com/docs/736egzypod07v.swf?INITIAL_VIEW=width
snow report
easiski, love that photo with the clouds below. Wishing I was there Sad
snow conditions
It was warm and sunny again today, although there was a bit of a breeze early on. Unfortunately the wind and yesterday's warmth meant that although the patches of really nice snow were bigger - so were the patches of ice! Shocked late on though we again found excellent snow where the race training had been earlier. The crowds were massive all day, and I'm rather beginning to worry about how many peeps will be around tomorrow. It'll be OK if they don't let the clubs have too many race lanes, but if they do ....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
It was a gain warm and sunny with a bit of a breeze today. Also it was much quieter than yesterday (and much quieter than I expected). The result was that there were some spots with positively reasonable snow on them! Very Happy
Here's a pic taken from the Jandri Express on the way down - again we had cloud in the valley, which sadly rose up to cover the town during the day. It never got much higher - but coming down from the sunny glacier to a foggy and cold village is a real shame! Shocked

Nearly everyone has gone now, but 3 diehards remain in the Lutins tonight. I'm going up tomorrow to test skis, and will try to remember to take a photo of the glacier.
snow conditions
Sorry guys - couldnt' drag myself out of bed and up the mountain today. Admin did go up and said it was excellent and almost completely empty! Hardly any ice (no-one scraping the snow off), and he tried the Fischer WC SCs - and thus now understands what it's like to ski on a real slalom ski! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
I was bored at work today, so I did a little research; I discovered the following statistics with regards snow depths, on 22 Dec, in L2A (mainly because that’s when I’m going this year):

Year Upper slopes Lower slopes Temp

2000 100cm 10cm + 1 C
2001 80cm 0cm - 4 C
2002 190cm 20cm + 3 C
2003 150cm 10cm - 15 C
2004 70cm 30cm - 8 C
2005 50cm 30cm - 10 C
2006 50cm 30cm - 1 C
2007 ? ? ?

So it would seem it’s getting colder at this time each year, but there’s less snow to show for it….

Just out of interest, how much snow is needed for the resort to be fully open …. Charlotte may be able to answer that for me???

Anyway, probably doesn’t mean much, they are only stats after all, but there’s definately a pattern to the snow depth, and it appears to be getting less and less as the years go by Sad

Right, should really do some work now!
snow conditions
well it's getting less and less apart from 02 and 03 where there was significantly more snow than 00 and 01 Wink
latest report
 brian
brian
... or on the lower slopes where it's gone ...

10, 0, 20, 10, 30, 30, 30

woe is me, what a decline Sad wink
snow conditions
brian,

I noticed on your Scottish thread that you had spotted potential of a "high" over a scandinavia - is this the sort of high that could bring snow down into France Puzzled
ski holidays
williams691, I agree with kitenski. My sketchy knowledge of statistics tells me that there is no very clear trend there at all! Not enough data. Also, a "snapshot" temperature says what it's doing NOW. The snapshot snowdepth says more about what it's being doing for the last X weeks. No real relationship between the two. Doing a snowdance, naked, under the first full moon after the winter equinox, whilst beating yourself with birch twigs and singing something from "Best of the Beegees" would be at least as useful as trying to process those statistics. Alternatively, you could just wait and see.... snowHead
snow report
pam w, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
pam w, you could get that to correlate at 0.3 at least.
latest report
 brian
brian
Mattmulkeen, well I'm watching potential developments of northern blocking. *If* it comes off then yes, I think it would drive low pressure down south over europe, so must also have some good potential for the alps. Still very far off and tbh, only 1 of the big 3 weather models is going for it full blooded at the moment ... and even then the snow might all be hogged by the pesky Austrians again ... we'll see.
snow report
pam w wrote:
williams691, I agree with kitenski. My sketchy knowledge of statistics tells me that there is no very clear trend there at all! Not enough data. Also, a "snapshot" temperature says what it's doing NOW. The snapshot snowdepth says more about what it's being doing for the last X weeks. No real relationship between the two. Doing a snowdance, naked, under the first full moon after the winter equinox, whilst beating yourself with birch twigs and singing something from "Best of the Beegees" would be at least as useful as trying to process those statistics. Alternatively, you could just wait and see.... snowHead

Pics please Pam Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I checked back to 1970's and the Stats are all over the place, so you're right, there's no specific trends, I guess my global warming theory needs more work! Well.... as long as there's plenty of snow at Crimbo I don't care (well I do care really) - and for anyone going to L2A any earlier, I can happily confirm there was awesome skiing at L2A from around 16th Dec last year, gotta be one of the best Alps resorts for a top chance of early snow! I'm currently practicing my naked snowdance, just waiting for the full moon Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy