Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes - PSB

Poster: A snowHead
johnboy, someone more knowledgeable can explain. I've looked at enough to know it looks good, but couldn't explain it all. I only hope I am not stuck in Serre Chevalier while the rest of you swines are skiing the glacier.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
my simple knowledge tells me that anything under the 'minus' line must be good, anything under the red (30 year average??) must also be good, not that I know the lines actually mean Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The graph I posted updates.... however the upper lines give the temp at about village level the scale is on the left in C and red line is the average the other lines are forecast guesses at what will happen.
The lines on the bottom give the precipitation the scale is on the right if it's rain is mm or snow it's cm
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It says precipitation in MM so I'm assuming that's rain in MM, ie multiply by 10 to get snow equivalent.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Meteo consult suggest it's going to turn cold in LDA and stay cold until at least halfway through our week. However it doesn't seemto be suggesting much precipitation - lots of sun though! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, what is the snow like at the moment?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Charlatankfc, White, cold and 1000 miles away Toofy Grin
snow report
 brian
brian
Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh (with a 2000m-ish rain/snow line wink ).

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, is a long way off but similar is forecast for the Monday and Tuesday before we ski . Fingers crossed.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
bump Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Webcam bakc on line - not much snow!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Ash, link please?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
holidayloverxx, You don't want it Twisted Evil . Okay I will post it but don't fret, it looks the same as last year but with no snow pushed onto the lower slope yet. 5 days before the Mondial du Snow begins, loads of snow to be pushed around and snow forecast.

http://www.2alpes.com/winter/fr/site/infosstation/endirect/webcams.php and click on the glacier cam
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It actually looks to me as though it's rained up to about 3,300m. More white above that than last year though. Confused
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
oh dear!
latest report
Mattmulkeen, It looks than it worse, honest.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Mattmulkeen, It looks than it worse, honest.

Puzzled
snow conditions
Laughing Embarassed It looks worse than it is, honest Very Happy
ski holidays
Quote:

It looks worse than it is, honest

How many go on the PSB - I will keep some fingers crossed for some snow for you all. Personally, I am really addicted to the build up to a ski holiday and the agonising wait for snow. Although i do think i need to get out more!!
ski holidays
Mattmulkeen, 30 odd this year......or should that be an odd 30 Puzzled Very Happy
snow report
oh dear.

looks like the Austrian glaciers are the place to be right now Puzzled
latest report
at least the bars will be open Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The bars will be open and we'll all have a good time anyway, but I would like to see a bit more white stuff myself - however - we'll be skiing, and everyone else won't be. Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Exactly - and worse case, it's about 800 miles from work snowHead (Sorry Charlotte, I know it's not for you Wink )
latest report
three day forecast with some snow

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Les-Deux-Alpes.0to3top.shtml
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rayscoops, I think you guys are going to like the look of the 12z GFS (just started rolling), looking conducive for some frontal action early next week ...
latest report
brian, i arrive out there on Saturday and leave on Wed, so it sounds good if it means we get might snow Very Happy Now, does my car hire have snow tyres?? Puzzled
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rayscoops, yep, that run had a decent looking dump direct from atlantic fronts round about the 29th/30th. Huge turnaround from the previous run and gfs has been chopping and changing madly over the last few days at anything beyond T+96 ... but something to watch out for.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Back to looking mostly cool and dry again. Potentially a cm or 2 this evening.
ski holidays
brian, I bet it changes again before Wednesday. Its like a bleedin' roller coaster
latest report
It would appear to be a serious possibility of some decent snowfall today/tomorrow/friday ... everything crossed .... No wind would also be good so it will actually land on the glacier! rolling eyes
snow conditions
The google Earth is an option. But i prefer the web cams....
snow report
Look at the glacier panoramic webcam - it's snowed a bit overnight! Very Happy Very Happy Not much, but a definite dusting. Most weather forecasters are saying some decent snow tonight and Friday. Also good chance of some more on Monday and Tuesday. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy MeteoConsult says not too much wind later next week Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy but that's a long way ahead to be postulating.
snow report
 brian
brian
Pity that little low that's progged to sit over Corsica tomorrow wouldn't get it's butt a bit further North. The Alpes-maritimes look set for 20-30cm but I think Deux Alpes will be just too far North.
snow conditions
It is deffo much whiter high up in all the webcams this morning, but it seems to be more of a dusting that a serious snowfall. I note from the village cam that they've been making snow in that tent we could just see in the corner of the pic and are now spreading it about on the demo rails. Pity they can't do that for the regular skiers - bah - grr. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
easiski, I have been looking. it looks like that could be the extent of the falls Embarassed but not all gloom as we may get some warmer weather next week that could soften things up and give us a tan Very Happy
ski holidays
When does 2 alps and alpe d'huez etc normally get its first snow - i am guessing it is usually november (early?) or would there normally be some snow by now?

Cheers

Matt
snow report
Hot, sunny, walking about in yer pants weather here . . . the glacier's a bit of a nighmare over most of it . . . the only thing is it can't get much worse and it will be good for ski practice and it's hilarious to see so many good boarders on their @rses.

I found the Brit sector of L2A . . . loud music and half naked pi$$heads rolling in the gutter . . . at 11:30am rolling eyes I'm busy promoting my Ukranian roots.
ski holidays
Masque, are you sure you're in 2Alpes? I almost got hypothermia walking in the Veneon valley this afternoon. Shocked
latest report
Check out the forecast for 1300 on Tuesday Shocked
http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast.asp?resortID=106
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy