Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Modulator Lense Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need some new goggles, have to be Bolle as I already have prescription inserts to fit them. Has anyone any experience of their Modulator Lenses?

Quote:
Modulator Citrus Bolle Ski Goggle Lenses
A state-of-the-art, high contrast, light-sensitive citrus lens that changes lens tint density with the changing light conditions. The more UV exposed to the lens, the darker it will become.

Visible Light: 66% to 28%
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Colin B,
I have these and very happy with them snowHead Very good in bad light and moderate sun but If its very very bright I would use my sunnies.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thats good as i have just bought a pair from TX Maxx for £24.99 and was wondering the same thing and what were they like. Are they any good in flat light too? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in TK max on Wednesday morning in Inverness and they had lots of Bolle Goggles at £19.99 but all were orange lens no Modulators.
In the afternoon I went skiing at Cairngorm and my googles worked very well in the zero viz on the top half of the mountain Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Colin B, do the prescription inserts fog up less than specs would? I'm wondering whether the advantage of them is that they fit more neatly in any Bolle goggles, or whether they are less prone to fogging. If only the former, I wouldn't pay more, because I find OTG goggles fit alright over my fairly small specs. The modulator lenses sound a good idea.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, I ended up getting a pair of Bolle Screams but without modulator lenses in the end. I used my prescription inserts for 2 trips last year, 9 days skiing. There wasn't any really bad weather as this was in March and early April. I didn't have any real problems with fogging. They will perhaps mist up on a chairlift or when standing still for a while. However raising the goggles for a few seconds or when moving soon clears this. I've never skiied in glasses so have no comparison. Got mine from www.spex4less.com very cheap and I can recommend them. It doesn't say so on their site but if you contact them they will supply just the insert/lense, about £30 last year I think.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 15-12-07 0:15; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, thanks. I was looking at specs4less - they seem the best bet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BUMP

- two years on from this thread, has anyone else had experience of & got opinions on the modulator lenses? There seem to be two, vermillion and citrus. Is it a good all-round solution, or a bit of a compromise all round? I have a cheap pair of orangey coloured mirrored goggles which are ok in sunlight, but not at all good in flat light.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I love em, seem to work well in all conditions and are good in poor light (lot better than the yellow/ambers I had before). Will be using them again this year
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
madmole, Which colour do you have, vermillion or citrus?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Butterfly wrote:
BUMP

- two years on from this thread, has anyone else had experience of & got opinions on the modulator lenses? There seem to be two, vermillion and citrus. Is it a good all-round solution, or a bit of a compromise all round? I have a cheap pair of orangey coloured mirrored goggles which are ok in sunlight, but not at all good in flat light.

I have used the Citrus modulator goggles for the last season, about 5 weeks skiing in all conditions except bright sun when I revert to sunglasses. My 2 sons have them as well and were equqlly impressed and they wear them all the time, when skiing. They were good for night skiing under floodlights as well. I would say £24-99 ? is a bargain price, they were well more than this last year and I seem to remember them being 65€ in a ski shop.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used the vermillon modulators last season, best low light lens I think I've ever used, would'nt take 'em out on a bright day tho!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Vermillion, I wear my normal transition lensed glasses under then, so no problems in bright light
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks that's two votes for vermillion & one for citrus - will consider them as a replacement - need to find a retailer so that I can have a try on first.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I also use Vermillion modulator when things get a bit flat and are happy with how they work but, as others have mentioned, they're no substitute for sunnies when conditions are v bright.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy