Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kit - what's in and what's out for the new season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
eng_ch, PhilG, oh - they're fancy cat tracks. Had to google that.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
PhilG, why not just get cat tracks at 15 quid here... they fold up and are light enought to carry.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have tried cat tracks before (and would have done again except that last year's new pair, even the size L ones, wouldn't fit on my boot despite them only being a size 9, 327mm sole length) and they're ok, but just though these looked like they were better. Given I may be doing a fair amount of walking in boots due to the layout of the Cham valley, anything that can increase comfort when walking in them is a bonus in my book!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In.......Errr.......New Skis Toofy Grin Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Axon Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PhilG, fair dues, i just bought a pair of cat tracks but havent yet tried them on my 334mm boots hope they fit Shocked

Megamum, nice one, when are you ordering all your tuning gear, wax irons and vices wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PhilG, skimottaret, yep even the size large cat tracks can still be a helluva squeeze to get on. Get them pretty warm/hot with a hair dryer, put them on the boots & then just leave them on for a good few days. Remove & repeat if they still seem tight. If the bridge piece between the toe & heel covers seems too short (it usually is) then warm that section up (whilst on the boot) & then hang the boot upside down from the bridge piece (a coat hook or door handle is good for this) as the weight of the boot will stretch the bridge piece. Once stretched keep them on the boots all the time.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, tried hot water in a baking dish?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, I don't do cookery. Besides, if it can't be done with a hot air paint stripper it can't be done at all wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PhilG, Did you manage to get hold off any Walk-Ez revolutions? I can't find any for sale in the UK...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
PhilG, got myself some cat tracks and they are sh*t, I wish i had seen your post before hand...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

got myself some cat tracks and they are sh*t,

skimottaret, Seeing this thread I have just tried (and left on my cat-tracks) on mine to my boots, very easy to get on but may be different in a resort with cold hands,
I do have sizw 3 1/2 boots and a small pair of cat tracks so dont know if that makes a difference snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy