Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Work that board baby !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Theres a chill in the air, Winters on its way.
Not long till you re-united with your friend under the bed
So to get us in the mood lets see some pics of you and your trusty steed in action snowHead

Ill start the snowball running

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Taken on my first hol in january. This was a familiar sight believe me!! Very Happy

(*just act cool, like nobody's seen you and you'll be fine Pat!!...)

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

January 2007 in Chamonix - I think this might have been dropping down the back of Le Tour
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.

One of the few photos of me actually boarding. Most of my boarding pictures show me either: (1) sitting down (at the side of the piste naturally wink ) (2) in a bar somewhere, usually singing loudly.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 12-09-07 16:52; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

Top of Hari Kiri in La Plagne March 2006
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lager, me too, but here is a 'pig in pow' shot in Whistler in Feb 07

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, Can't be La Plagne, no crowds no long queues and no slow lifts in sight. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mouth, awesome run that is. A bit icy when I did it last in March, but was glad to get to the bottom in onme piece after a few hairy moments!!

Here's me in action at the top of Grand Rochette...

They had a 'big dump' that day... of snow that is!! Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Specialman, Nice pair of flows! Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Specialman, I think that pose should be a 'must do' for all snowhead boarders Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me being lazy ... I promise to try harder next season
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nadenoodlee, can't see the picture Nade
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, That's her being lazy.

debbi, nice pants!

let me know if this doesn't show. I don't have many of me on my board though.

Edit: it didn't thanks to facebook being carp. changed the host now.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Wed 12-09-07 16:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mouth, they were rentals. They were on my mate's bosrd. I had ones which were much more battered.

I actually had a problem with my pants that day - my fat belly kept forcing open the oppers that hold them up and when I set off, they just came down in front of a load of female skiers - scary!!!
snow conditions
Specialman, admit it you just liked flashing the ladies Twisted Evil

Swirly & Nadenoodlee, can't see your pics Sad
snow report
Specialman wrote:

Here's me in action at the top of Grand Rochette...

Was The Final Countdown playing in the background? One of our group said that next time he heard The Final Countdown (we were in Solden) that he would drop his trousers. We decided that he would have to do it every time that song came on. Here he is in action in Dicks T Bar.

snow report
Lager, yeah thanks for that. No really you shouldn't have. Mad
ski holidays
Lager, haha funny pic ! That bar looks rocking - wheres everyone else ? or did the music scare them all off!
latest report
debbi wrote:
Lager, haha funny pic ! That bar looks rocking - wheres everyone else ? or did the music scare them all off!

People must have had advance intelligence of our movements as the apres ski was quiet all week. I suspect they didn't want to run into Derm with his trousers around his ankles. Who can blame them. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Heres another one in LDA this year - Why do they always look like your not moving ???

ski holidays
debbi, Smile

Lager, nice to see someone else has joined the "let's drop our pants wherever we go in Europe" clan. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
debbi wrote:
Heres another one in LDA this year - Why do they always look like your not moving ???

What make of board is that ?
latest report
i dont have a single picture of me snowboarding as i'm always the one with the camera.

So you'll have to do with one of my shots of my t'other half

snow report
snowangel. wrote:
i dont have a single picture of me snowboarding as i'm always the one with the camera.

Same here, that's why all I have is a pic of my falling over and one with my pants down.

Great pic by the way - he obviously knows how to board then!! Shocked
latest report
Dobz, Its the Rome Blue 147 from the 05/06 season. I love it !
snowangel., he's not very good is he wink

Thats my aim this season is to get some decent action shots
latest report
me railing the hotel sign on slimy scheidegg

And a clicky gif of it.
http://i17.tinypic.com/4t8yctz.gif
snow report
debbi wrote:
Dobz, Its the Rome Blue 147 from the 05/06 season. I love it !
snowangel., he's not very good is he wink

Thats my aim this season is to get some decent action shots

get a decent camera, that is the most important part of decent shots.
then think about your composition.
dont take shots of snowboarders in the air, get the kicker and landing in if you can, or try and keep the half pipe viable.
I love taking action shots, i could quite easily fill up the server with my shots!
That pic was actually taken at the motorcross course here in serre che.
Little snappy happy cameras are ok but generally they dont have a quick enough shutter time to get a good shot.

I use a nikon d70s, and now have a rather large lense to go with it. I even had one of my shots used by the Smith news letter. The best bit about that is the pic next to it is one of my son riding the rainbow rail at the comp! Didn't get paid for it but i'm stoked they used it!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel., would love to take a decent camera with me but seeing as i lost my video camera on day 2 of hols this year it might not be a wise move !!
Also a friend took his SLR with him but was too scared to take out with him when he was boarding.
Do you take the camera with you all the time or just when you know you are going to take pics?
Do you board with it? and does it get heavy carrying camera lenses etc.. around?

Sorry for all the questions Embarassed
latest report
debbi, I know where your coming from. I always have a snappy happy in my pocket, (you never know when your going to get that perfect shot!) but i do hate riding with my camera. I do have a decent camera racksack but it is heavy. I fell last year on my way down a steep bit but landed on my butt, i only fell as i was over weighted at the back. It gets easier with practice!
I do tend to take it with me to specifically take shote, ie comps or summer glacier riding (i dont see the point of riding then so i prefer to take photo's!) I do intend toget a bit better at riding with it this year as i'd like to get some decent pow shots, but that is going to be hard as when there is pow i jus wanna ride it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy