Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serbia anyone?

Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I have just, on a whim, booked a ski trip to Kopaonik and wanted to find out if anyone had been and what their thoughts are?

Bit late I know but if it all goes wrong I am sure there will be other things to do apart from ski - well I hope so!

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotfeet215,
I know nothing but if you search for Kop on the search facility there were a few fans posting about it last year, seemed to like it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Went last year - my 1st ever skiing trip. http://www.eng.infokop.net/index.php?option=com_guestbook&task=view has lots of information.

In summary - cheap - excellent value - can get 1:1 lessons for sim price to alpine group lessons!
if you are an experienced skier, you might find you've skied most of the area too soon for your liking as compared to the big resorts it's limited.
if you are expecting lots of varied night life - you may be disappointed - there is some, but not much
if you want a major shopping expedition as part of the trip - you will be disappointed, there is just one small 'square' with shops on 3 sides.
if you are veggie they won't understand where you are coming from!

However
if you've got kids, it is a compact, traffic-free, safe and friendly place
the people were invariably friendly/helpful
nearly ALL the accommodation is virtually ski out and some is ski back too (if the snow's good enough.)

The snow is not as reliable as high alpine resorts and if there's a lack there is NO bus-ride to an alternative.

Other stuff than skiing - ice-rink, sleigh-rides, self-drive skidoos - not much else.

Which accommodation are you in? I can give you more specifics if you ask - pm me if you want.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
seasideboarder, we stayed at the Grand too - great location, but the weather was not good - the 1st few days there was ice/slush, then there was a fall of snow which brought fog with it - the only really nice day with snow and sun was Friday!

The one real gripe I had with Thomson was that they dumped us at the bottom of the hill and left us to find our own way up a the road, which was covered in ice, to the hotel, dragging our luggage ourselves. It was my 1st ski hol and I'm not exacly young and my friend's 67 - given that the Grand's a 4* hotel and that it was possible to get vehicles up to it, I thought that was unacceptable. Also, they had arranged our ski hire frm the basement of the Konaci appts, at the bottom of the hill, and the rep who took the group there set off at a gallop despite having been asked not to, and we got left behind and had to ask around and find our own way, trying to avoid slipping up on the ice and getting hurt before even trying on a pair of skis.

Having said that it can't have been too bad, cos I am going skiing again next year!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crystal reps were very friendly, organised and helpful. When leaving we had to walk down to main road as there had been an overnight heavy heavy snow fall (drifts of 4ft+) so the coach couldn't make it to the hotel. A trailer did collect our luggage from the hotel so they did the best they could in the conditions. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all your replies everyone. Now, fingers crossed for the snow!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hotfeet215, Hope you have a great time.

The website below:
http://www.eng.infokop.net/

Has an heading:
"Summary of Season 2006-2007 "

Nice statement that could make your skiing very explosive Shocked

"During summer of 2006 Krcmar was cleaned from cluster bombs "
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zikes!!! May have to wear another layer of protective clothing just in case!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I too went at the end of last January and had a great time.

My pics are here if you want to have a look through. (You'll be able to see the differenced between the first few days with lack of snow to an abundance towards the end of the week)

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=s16ik2r.9sdl6rlr&Uy=c5ju7c&Ux=0
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Your pictures are amazing - roll on January!! Thanks for your post!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I forgot I uploaded my pics to the "kop" site! http://gallery.infokop.net/main.php?g2_itemId=9970. Use the links on the left of that page to find loads of other pics too.
It's not that intuitive to find these from their main site, which otherwise is really good.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interesting,no_snow_in_swindon, though the "black" run hardly rates more than a blue in other resorts!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
true. There wasnt anything too trying for the experianced skiier, but it was a good resort for the beginner or for someone who likes cruising to uncrowded pistes.

I myself prefer to have something steeper, but there were quite a few of us in the group so we just had a laugh for the week.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
there is half a meter of snow already. advanced skiers will get bored of kop after few days. even though jahorina has less pistes and lifts then kop, skiing is much better
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
no_snow_in_swindon, Nice pics, looks like a good time was had by all.
snow conditions
me and my partner had a real good week in kop
just dont expect it to be like main europe and theres no such thing as vegge's out there so its only for the meat eaters! Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy