Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Repairing boards

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ey up all,

Got a few chunks out of my board along the edges and on the top sheet.

I know that edging the board gets rid of the roughness on the metal edge, but on cuts where it's through the laminated top and into the core, what's the best course of action? Another board has gone over the top of it and just cut into it.

Because it's not on the actual base (the cut is on the side) I was thinking about applying epoxy resin (something like Araldite) to seal the cut to prevent moisture entering, before smoothing it off with a scalpel. Is this worth doing?

It's only a cheap board and it'll only be getting used at Mk few times each month so I'm not bothered about the aesthetics, just that it doesn't get moisture inside.

Spesh
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Specialman, speak to spiderjon, I don't understand where you mean, can you take a picture?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, will do a piccy tinite.

The cut is on the end of back end of the board and it's like someone has taken a knide to the plastic on the top and cut into it, exposing the core.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.

Was going to fill it with epoxy reson (Araldite) to make sure no moisture can get in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not sure it'll actually be through to the core but wop some araldite on it & I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sure our resident tuning expert will have stern words to say about this technique though. wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Not sure it'll actually be through to the core but wop some araldite on it & I'm sure it will be fine. I'm sure our resident tuning expert will have stern words to say about this technique though. wink

Laughing. I concurr as that's not real damage just a minor battle scar. Theoretically Araldite 2011 or the slightly faster drying 2012 is best as it's both waterproof & flexible but it's a bit pricey so as it's your old board just find an adhesive that's waterproof & you should be good to go.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I wouldn't even bother to fix that to be honest, like spyderpig said it's a battle scar Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specialman, drop of flexi-Araldite and if you're really worried some gentle direct pressure with a cramp to press it together while it cures. Use kitchen film to stop the clamp sticking to the glue . . . but that's just a scratch.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As others have said I wouldn't be bothered, I think my old board has a few like that. It's the ones on the other side you have to watchout for.

That said if that happens to my new board it will be fixed by quickly administering a slap to the careless twunt who ran over it in the first place.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My other board is much more battle scarred than that, but just wanted to check.

I sue a lot of araldite for fishing rod repairs and it seems to do the job, especially on the waterprofing side of things. Will just fill that tonite just to be on the safe side, ready for Tignes.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy