Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zipfit liners ?

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone any experience of these ? The liners in my Langes are getting a little tired.... Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
some people love em some hate em, but you can say that for any liner, i use the new version of the zip fit world cup and love them, Rob@rar will concurr but i know of people who do not get on with them [although these are few] there used to be an issue with fitting them into certain boots but the new models are much better in that regard. one advantage they have over foam and other similar liners is that they can be moved to another shell if the ones you have are worn out or get damaged, most liners of this nature can only be used with the shell they are moulded with.

the fit is dynamic as opposed to static as the other types of liner are, this means that they mould constantly while you ski and adapt the any changes in your foot and ankle, just make sure you do not get palmed off with an old version, the newer models have a neoprene front end to them so they adapt, the old ones the front is cordura [quite hard in the fit] and can cause fit issues on some feet. take a look at the website below for what the current ones look like

they do take a bit of breaking in, i would say at least 3-4 days of hard skiing before they feel anything like what you may call really comfortable, you just have to go through the adjustment process and then they get better every day you ski

hope this helps a little.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, I use them and like them.

They seemed to stiffen the boot up for me too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM fitted some for me at the start of last season, replacing the liners in my Nordicas. For the first four or five days use I thought I'd made a big mistake. They hurt a great deal and just didn't seem to work with me or my boots. But as if by magic on the 6th day they stopped hurting and they gave me a fit like nothing I've experienced before - I think at the time I said it felt like I'd been welded to my skis. There's no sense of supertight pressure (unless I really crank my boots up), just a snug fit all around. If I've not skied in them for three or four weeks it takes an hour or two for them to work with me again, but that's not a problem. I'm happy to recommend them Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. Can I get them from you then, CEM, ?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
you can indeed, i have got core sizes but not the extremities at the moment, they are due later this month [i hope Toofy Grin ]
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zipfits are quite voluminous too (does this word exist?), i.e. if your boot's fit is tight you may need to ask an expert whether the zipfit is the right solution. I got mine as my first pair of boots was 0.5 size too big.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Turns'nturns, that was true of the older models they now have three volumes, the Wolrd cup which is designed for the low volume shells, Grand Prix for boots of average volume and the classic, probably the one you have which is used for boots that are over size, until the last year or so the only volume they had was the classic fit
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well - now that CEM, has some stock...quick trip around the M25, and now I have some World Cup Zipfit gracing the inside of my Langes. Fitting process is quite Shocked painful, but once the shells and liners (and my feet) had cooled.. seemed a really really good fit Little Angel . As the Velcro on my power straps had worn, CEM, fitted Booster Straps too. Based on what I could feel in the shop, edge-to-edge will be greatly improved (and the Langes weren't too shabby before).. the Booster strap does a much nicer job with the flex.

Will let you know how I get on when I ski on them.

Oh - and if anyone else wishes to visit CEM, on a Saturday - allow a bit more time than you;d expect for the traffic getting into Bicester wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would have liked Zipfits but CEM, advised me that even the World Cup low volume model was too big for my shells, so i went for the Comformable Pro Foam. Very happy with the fit. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Here is the link CEM promised in his first post http://www.zipfit.com/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So after two weeks on snow ? Well.. 3-4 days was about right for bedding in. First day boots undone all day (cold feet Laughing ). As rob@rar, said.. you do feel
Quote:

welded to my skis

Actually I was used the Heads rob@rar, sold me - so I really was welded to his skis !

The liner has laces and a power strap, and so you stay in contact with boot much more so than a stock liner. It felt much more powerful that the standard liner, so carved turns where more fun. Off piste (windblown, crust rolling eyes ) I had much better balance, and the ability to recover - so fewer falls, less tiring.

The fit is quite ( Shocked ) tight, however, I could not wear socks in them for a week or so. My left foot is a little bigger than the right - because of nature, and after an injury some years back. This meant that the second day in the new liners - my left foot would go numb. On returning to the UK, another visit to CEM, bit of grinding insde my left boot, and now they are both fine snowHead

So to sum up. They work for me, and will let my boots last a little longer. I ski better with them than with the stock liners. CEM, clearly knows what he is doing - so I'd happily recommend him to anyone. Thanks CEM, snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski wrote:
- so I really was welded to his skis !

Laughing

Glad the liners worked out for you. One of the good things about them is when you finally need new shells you can take the zipfits with you.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone microwave them every morning before skiing,or is it worth doing.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Your old skis are pretty good too ! Very Happy

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 8-01-08 11:01; edited 1 time in total
snow report
I am in between lacing them up or not and the fit is indeed snug/tight but I haven't used them in anger yet.
I don't have any problems with wearing them around the house and I can't envisage any on the hill but will not worry and will
expect a bedding in process of the type desribed above.

Super super snug atm and I can't wait to see how they affect my skiing..
ski holidays
Mine don't have laces, but have the eyelets for them.

But why do it? Surely the boot buckles do a fair old job of tightening them up Confused
ski holidays
Mosha Marc,
Quote:

But why do it?

As my left foot was quite painful - in a bid to get more room, I removed the laces. In this configuration I could not get the tongue of the liner to sit as well on my foot as with the laces. So I put the laces back. This worked better than just using the clips.
ski holidays
ski wrote:
rob@rar, Your old skis are pretty good to ! Very Happy

I just wasn't good enough to use them well!

I also do the laces up to keep the tongue in place.
snow conditions
 bloxy
bloxy
I would definitely recommended them. Having been a confirmed Sidas Foam user I switched to Zipfits a couple of seasons ago.

I was lucky enough to get them done in Snowbird by Steve at Superior Ski and Sven the guy who owns and invented Zipfit.

Fitting is critical. The Shell must be heated until it is soft and pliable and the liner is heated on a hot air blower, you put on and lace up the liner and then put the foot and liner as one into the hot soft shell (so hot the fitter needs gloves!). The liner and shell mould as one so you get a complete fit between foot/liner/shell. http://www.zipfit.com/oneminutefit.htm

I know of one place that fits them incorrectly in the UK where they don't heat the shell (they also sold an old liner to my mate, Sven said he hadn't made them for over 5 years when we showed him!) and they injected extra material outside of instead of into the bladder that is supposed to contain it.

You will get the best performance if you warm the liner and shell before going skiing. (They actually sell a heated boot bag for them.) Always pump the liner up and down in the shell as you put them on to get the flow material into the right place.
ski holidays
I have had a pair of zip fits since 2003. They have been fantastic, despite being the "old" model, i suppose. My ankle bone has just started "feeling" the shell though, like a packed out regular liner. I haven't done anythinig like the 600-700 days skiing that the website says is the length of service..so they shouldn't be worn out... I haven't been fitting them each ski day with heel plunge, perhaps this is the problem. Have any of you any advice? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 28-01-08 18:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
They seem good to me so far - CEM fitted them in a new pair of boots for me back in mid-December.

Since then I've used them for around 8 days in the Alps, a couple in Scotland and numerous hours on dry - no complaints so far Toofy Grin
snow report
how much are they ?
ski holidays
hamm, we can inject a little more OMfit compound into them if they need it, this will provide support for the ankle and take it away form the shell a little, [assuming there is space in the liner and it is not just that the material has moved, in which case refitting them will move it back]
latest report
They felt as though they came too far up the calf at the back for me... dug into teh calf muscle and hurt...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy