Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

la nina year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
this seasons supposed to ba a lanina year which in real terms means loads a snow for the pnw coastal ranges like in 99/2000 which was a record year for mt baker , has anyone else heard of this phenoma ...................http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/enso/ensofaq.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/lanina/enso_evolution-status-fcsts-web.ppt#2
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just found this on a fernie web site showing monthly snowfalls and el nino years and la nina years
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't get it, i'm hungover and this is all very sciency. I did hear it's going to be a la nina year, and I'm going to be in Fernie this season. Is La Nina good or bad for me? NehNeh
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nino And La Nina check this out for fernie...... http://far.redtree.com/snowfalls.html

Some of the recent unusual weather can be attributed to the El Nino of 1997-98 and the La Ninas of 1998-99 and 1999-2000. The long-term records we have analyzed back to 1971 do not show the dramatic impacts one might infer from the past 3 years.

La Nina increases snowfall about 20% at most areas north of Utah and California, so we recommend early season bookings in Canada, the Northwest and Northern Rockies during predicted La Nina seasons. Snowfall is reduced substantially in Southern California and Arizona, but only mildly (10% or so) at Mammoth, Brian Head and in New Mexico.

El Nino predictions are less helpful to skiers. The positives are in the same locations which are negative for La Nina, but the extra snow tends to be late in the season with negligible impact upon early season reliability. Only in interior Canada and Montana is El Nino snowfall reduced as much as 10%.

Long-term data shows no significant El Nino or La Nina trend in Lake Tahoe, Sun Valley, Utah, Colorado or the Northeast. Those who tout the huge 1983 and 1998 El Nino seasons in the Sierra often forget the poor 1988 and 1992 El Ninos
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
boozy, That's good I'm planning to go to Canada.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Couple La Nina to the NAO and the Alps might be good this winter as well. See the met ofice report Here snowHead snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That one about the european predictions seems to say "be a crap winter, just not as crap as last year" or am i wrong?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timmaah,
Quote:

a crap winter, just not as crap as last year

Nice interpretation of:

"...the predicted winter NAO index for 2007/8 is weakly negative at -0.34 with a standard error of ±1.0. The relatively small amplitude of the predicted index relative to the error bar means there is little associated signal for below- or above-normal European winter temperatures or precipitation..."

for the meteorological idiots among us (me included!).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
what is 'normal European winter temperatures pr precipitation'
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rayscoops, usually they mean over a 30 year average, 1971-2000. Average over that time period would be fine !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, interestingly in most cases the 'average' never occurs Very Happy
snow report
 brian
brian
rayscoops, no, I think I can state with near certainty that both temperature and precipitation will either be above or below average. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
brian, best to go to the alps when it is 'above' the average in that case Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy